ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Kraft.

Well, tee the ball up for the anti-Glass crowd!!

How many "NOW" responses will this get? I will guess the under/under is 10!

Reactions: IUCol
I want a FOOTBALL MAN, someone who will have expectations for the program. Fred has never struck me as having high football expectations and that's a tremendous problem. He talks a very big game concerning his basketball expectations but it's small talk regarding football. I'm ready for him to catch the next bus North to Indy!!

As Mac stated this morning, Indiana's attitude and overall approach to football is just sad. Pat would have to be better than Fred by default.....come on down, Pat!!

If Fred were at any other place in the country, I suspect he'd be practicing law again.

I still get the distinct impression that some of you think Glass is a free agent. He is...within defined limits. He does not make policy for IU Sports...

I still get the distinct impression that some of you think Glass is a free agent. He is...within defined limits. He does not make policy for IU Sports...

So he's Athletic Director in title only?

That's good to know.

I want a FOOTBALL MAN, someone who will have expectations for the program. Fred has never struck me as having high football expectations and that's a tremendous problem. He talks a very big game concerning his basketball expectations but it's small talk regarding football. I'm ready for him to catch the next bus North to Indy!!

As Mac stated this morning, Indiana's attitude and overall approach to football is just sad. Pat would have to be better than Fred by default.....come on down, Pat!!

If Fred were at any other place in the country, I suspect he'd be practicing law again.

Just think if we had seen a long term guy the calibre of Chris Hill from Utah. Yes - he was a basketball player but his savvy moves with football, his coaching hires and his commitment to football have been outstanding over a 31 year period. IU would have thrived under him. He’s the epitome of a stable AD who has all the tools. His hires and facility renovations are 2nd to none, all while navigating Utah from a smaller conference to a Power 5.

Reactions: td75

Given that this is a subject you are passionate about, how about contacting each member of the IU Board of Trustees and IU President Michael McRobbie to express your sentiments?

Given that this is a subject you are passionate about, how about contacting each member of the IU Board of Trustees and IU President Michael McRobbie to express your sentiments?
I'd love to do that. They need to hear it from this entire board, not just me. You need to contact them, too, the more the merrier.

I'd love to do that. They need to hear it from this entire board, not just me. You need to contact them, too, the more the merrier.
You need to express your point of view. I have a different one.

He did but McRobbie was too busy cooking shrimp on the barbie, enjoying his easy listening to his Air Supply Greatest Hits and enjoying his Lime and Bitters drink followed by a Vegamite sandwich.

He did but McRobbie was too busy cooking shrimp on the barbie, enjoying his easy listening to his Air Supply Greatest Hits and enjoying his Lime and Bitters drink followed by a Vegamite sandwich.
I gather that you have had little if any exposure to President McRobbie. I have had the pleasure of being around him(and his wife Laurie) in both sports and business occasions, and have found him to be somewhat serious but personable. You need to move on, troll.

Last edited:
I gather that you have had little if any exposure to President McRobbie. I have had the pleasure of being around him(and his wife Laurie) in both sports and business occasions, and have found him to be somewhat serious but personable. You need to move on, troll.

Does he know anything about the importance of sports and the impact it can have on his enrollment?

Hey that's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?! If its not up, its down!!! A revelation...not...

Think about it...not a knee jerk.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Maybe you could explain your blathering nonsense a little better. If Glass isn't responsible for the policies of the Athletic Department then why is he the Athletic Director?

Reactions: IUgradman
Does he know anything about the importance of sports and the impact it can have on his enrollment?

He does, otherwise he and the BOT would not have approved the spectacular upgrade in facilities across the 24 sports. Also, let's not forget the groundbreaking Excellence Academy that sets IU above the din.

He may not have the same passion for football that you do, but he clearly has given Fred the green light on many things.

Reactions: IUCol
This just gets dumber by the day..come on man!

Just trying to throw some humor in here. If you didn’t laugh at the goat rodeo that is IU sports, you’d end up crying. I prefer the former.

Setting aside the longstanding issues with the football program which we all agree on at varying levels, help me understand IU sports as a "goat rodeo".

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Maybe you could explain your blathering nonsense a little better. If Glass isn't responsible for the policies of the Athletic Department then why is he the Athletic Director?
I think the lack of reply shows that the poster didn’t really have any basis for the statement about Glass and IU sports “policy”.

Setting aside the longstanding issues with the football program which we all agree on at varying levels, help me understand IU sports as a "goat rodeo".

Goat rodeo = unconventional methods of hiring coaches. Spontaneous, emotional decisions without careful thought and deliberation. Sitting on coaches (Crean) who are clearly failing. Sports ADs (not necessarily Glass) who have favored one sport at the expense of another.

Reactions: IUgradman
Goat rodeo = unconventional methods of hiring coaches. Spontaneous, emotional decisions without careful thought and deliberation. Sitting on coaches (Crean) who are clearly failing. Sports ADs (not necessarily Glass) who have favored one sport at the expense of another.

I think we were in a position with Crean that had he been fired earlier, we would likely have scared away most quality coaches and probably would have ended up with someone similar or even worse than Crean.

And the "favoritism" I think is more an issue of the ADs needing to walk on eggshells and manage donors that favor one sport, thus its more a reflection of fanbase than an issue with the AD

So extending Crean.

Cleverly pointing out McRobbie is Aussie doesn't really make a point, does it?

I think Fred will hang it up after next year. There is not much left to build and there will be pressure if Allen fails next year.

I know he wants to get the Excellenve Academy going, and facilities transformations will be his legacy for bigger picture thinkers out there.

I thought we were supposed to avoid anyone connected with IU since were are, always have been, and always will be institutionally inept at football?

This, I agree with. Don’t bring in anybody remotely associated with the program. Too much association with bad performance and bad culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT