ADVERTISEMENT

Party (GOP) over country/our constitution

It's said because Trump could probably actually get a comprehensive immigration deal done if he was competent and fired idiot hardliner near-fascists like Stephen Miller from advising him.
Trump could have gone down as one of the most consequential presidents ever and a shoo-in for his second term is he were rational. In future hindsight, it's kind of fascinating. In the end, his primitivism will make him the opposite.

Reactions: Digressions
to the GOP, building an impenetrable wall and outlawing abortion, would be like big pharma coming up with a pill that cured the disease.

that's why i doubt we'll see a wall or abortion made illegal.

increased monopolization and industry consolidation, outlawing unions altogether, lower taxes on international mega corps and the rich, corporate personhood, eliminating all restrictions on money in politics, less to no restrictions on open carry and guns, harsher marijuana laws, cutting off social security or reducing pay outs, lower or no min wage, no open internet mandates, every man for themselves healthcare.

probably not going to have landslide GOP election victories with that set of stances.

take away abortion and immigration, that's what the GOP is left with, and they know it.

they need to have abortion and immigration to run on in every election, so they can then implement the other policies listed above once elected, while always saving immigration and abortion to run on in the next election.

Trump could have gone down as one of the most consequential presidents ever and a shoo-in for his second term is he were rational. In future hindsight, it's kind of fascinating. In the end, his primitivism will make him the opposite.
I said a year ago that I didn't understand why Trump intentionally started so much controversy. Who knows what he could accomplish if he quit declaring war on the whole world and stereotyping and/ or insulting everybody. If he quietly and noncontroversially began promoting legislation more like other Presidents have done, with respect to his opponents, he would be more effective (and thus absolutely terrify me instead of merely scare me).

Reactions: iuwclurker
It's said because Trump could probably actually get a comprehensive immigration deal done if he was competent and fired idiot hardliner near-fascists like Stephen Miller from advising him.

Just "gimme the wall or I no sign bill to fund government!" isn't a negotiation.

McTurtle and the rest of the GOP Senators are complicit. Make Trump veto a bill.

McConnell cares more about his own political future than he does actually getting anything done. If he called for a vote, the government could reopen. Today.

He’s polling at around a 30% approval rating in KY. Trump registers there at around 50%. If Mitch is anything, it’s skilled at keeping his seat. He doesn’t have a good way to buck Trump, especially given the way it is back in KY.

So, I don’t see Mitch bringing anything to a floor vote, unless the rest of the GOO senator group puts a gun to his little turtle head. In other words, he’s hiding in his shell right now. Hoping it’ll all go away.

That’s why I think the ONLY way out is if someone can talk Trump into a deal involving something the Dems want, like DACA protection. Or( if Yrump declares a state of emergency, and he uses those powers. If that happens, it’ll be interesting to watch the GOP turn into a bunch of hypocrites. There’s clearly not an emergency, and they railed ahainst Obama repeatedly for expanding the powers of the presidency. This is much, much worse than something like DACA. And it opens the door for a future dem president to go much further- and the GOP won’t have a leg to stand on re: protesting it when it happens.

Trump is really good at screwing over the pub politicians, much like he did in them mid terms. It’s extraordinary.

There's not going to be a deal.

Trump is going to go the emergency route. It'll be stuck in courts until the next election...just what he wants, another good scapegoat.

Trump is going to go the emergency route. It'll be stuck in courts until the next election...just what he wants, another good scapegoat.

Do you think it will take that long? Truman lost Youngstown 60 days or so after he announced nationalization. Since it is "an emergency" it seems the courts would have to respond quickly.

Do you think it will take that long? Truman lost Youngstown 60 days or so after he announced nationalization. Since it is "an emergency" it seems the courts would have to respond quickly.

Just what I've read..that even GOP Sens think it would be tied up for a year+

I think so too. Trump's an impatient man. He understands the Ds won't cave and sees the negative impact of the shutdown on his constituents so I expect him to declare this asap, maybe even tomorrow. As soon as his cronies have figured out the rough details of "how to pay for it."

McConnell cares more about his own political future than he does actually getting anything done. If he called for a vote, the government could reopen. Today.

He’s polling at around a 30% approval rating in KY. Trump registers there at around 50%. If Mitch is anything, it’s skilled at keeping his seat. He doesn’t have a good way to buck Trump, especially given the way it is back in KY.

So, I don’t see Mitch bringing anything to a floor vote, unless the rest of the GOO senator group puts a gun to his little turtle head. In other words, he’s hiding in his shell right now. Hoping it’ll all go away.

That’s why I think the ONLY way out is if someone can talk Trump into a deal involving something the Dems want, like DACA protection. Or( if Yrump declares a state of emergency, and he uses those powers. If that happens, it’ll be interesting to watch the GOP turn into a bunch of hypocrites. There’s clearly not an emergency, and they railed ahainst Obama repeatedly for expanding the powers of the presidency. This is much, much worse than something like DACA. And it opens the door for a future dem president to go much further- and the GOP won’t have a leg to stand on re: protesting it when it happens.

Trump is really good at screwing over the pub politicians, much like he did in them mid terms. It’s extraordinary.
The most hated politician in America. Quite a feat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT