ADVERTISEMENT

Paralympics Thread

For soccer the fans stay silent so that the players can hear the ball. They of course go nuts on goals but otherwise it’s a silent game. It’s pretty wild
I’ve seen that. We have a blind hockey program here in Cincy. Still don’t know how they do it. We’re having a big adapted hockey festival next Spring (sled, blind, and special).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’ve seen that. We have a blind hockey program here in Cincy. Still don’t know how they do it. We’re having a big adapted hockey festival next Spring (sled, blind, and special).
That’s awesome. I guess the puck makes noise like soccer? The soccer guys were smart in making it more like indoor. Many years ago I coached special Olympics and they used to do it as outdoor games. The spatial part didn’t really work. This is a good game.

That hockey festival will be awesome. Sled is your jam isn’t it?

It’s been many years ago when I went to Charlotte with a client to visit a supplier. We played golf with one of the officers of the company. His dad who was blind joined us. One of the most amazing things I’ve ever witnessed. I believe his dad is still golfing.

That’s awesome. I guess the puck makes noise like soccer? The soccer guys were smart in making it more like indoor. Many years ago I coached special Olympics and they used to do it as outdoor games. The spatial part didn’t really work. This is a good game.

Yes. That’s what my son plays. They tried to recruit him for special hockey but he did not want to play standup.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Puck is bigger and makes noise in blind hockey.

My son played soccer years ago and he wasn’t a fan (Top Soccer). They played on a small field with popup goals. Yet, he loves going to watch soccer. We’re going Saturday to watch FC Cincinnati v Montreal.

Puck is bigger and makes noise in blind hockey.

My son played soccer years ago and he wasn’t a fan (Top Soccer). They played on a small field with popup goals. Yet, he loves going to watch soccer. We’re going Saturday to watch FC Cincinnati v Montreal.
Very cool re the puck. Same drill as soccer. Paralympics blind put up walls like indoor and that helped immensely. Special Olympics 11 v 11 to be honest was pretty awful and the players really didn’t enjoy it all that much.

That’s awesome you guys have fc Cincy to share.

USA has Murder Ball (aka wheelchair rugby) on this morning. Looks like USA has events on all day.
I’ll have to check that out! Wheelchair soccer sucks. Push with the massive ball and power. It’s the opposite of sled hockey which is fast and exciting and flowing. There has to be a way to make it better

Reactions: Noodle
Paralympics on NBC tonight. 70,000 people in the stadium for track and field. Awesome stuff

Do they have extra forearm guards to protect against the blades? Their hands and arms are so much closer to the blades that I have to think there's an increased risk there, especially given how fast and physical the game is.

Really cool how Peacock has featured the Paralympic Games this summer. As badly as NBC whiffed on the last winter games, they hit a home run with this Summer Olympics and Paralympics. There's been a group of guys streamng both all day long on a big-screen in a common area in the middle of our offices the last couple of months.

They would smash everyone on this board and it wouldn't be close.
There is a great South Park episode about that. Cartman participates in the special Olympics thinking he will beat everyone and ends up getting his ass kicked in every event.

There is a great South Park episode about that. Cartman participates in the special Olympics thinking he will beat everyone and ends up getting his ass kicked in every event.
are you all fckd up watching little people play badminton??? I have a buddy (D1 soccer player) whose little b is a little p. Guy was an incredible physical specimen. He used to get drunk at parties and could kick himself in the head with both feet!! Low heavy center of gravity. Hockey soccer tennis. Was great

You do realize that the Paralympics and Special Olympics are two completely different things, right?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You do realize that the Paralympics and Special Olympics are two completely different things, right?
Yes it's just sort of similar to that SP premise. Guys here thinking they could win anything at the paralympics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT