ADVERTISEMENT

OTF Field Trip

You talking about the ark in Maryland? If so, I've seen it, and I'm not too interested in seeing it again from the interstate

Let's go see the Ark!

You KNOW you are interested.

Wood and poop smells are free!

Plus, it's THE ARK!?!

While you are there, and since it's an "accurate" copy, do some math.

Take the volume of the ark and then add into it 7.8 million pairs of animals. Once you're done, calculate how much feed 7.8 millions pairs of animals would need and then tell me how much shit that created and what they did with it? If you're truly delusional add at least 700 pairs of dinosaurs.

Average human shit weighs 2.5 lbs.. just for reference. fwiw - 7.8 million multiplied by 2.5 is almost 20 million pounds of shit.. daily.

Average human shit weighs 2.5 lbs.. just for reference. fwiw - 7.8 million multiplied by 2.5 is almost 20 million pounds of shit.. daily.
WTF? That can't be true. I don't think I lose 2.5 lbs after taking a shit. I'm going to have to weigh myself pre- and post-poop and see the difference next chance I get.

WTF? That can't be true. I don't think I lose 2.5 lbs after taking a shit. I'm going to have to weigh myself pre- and post-poop and see the difference next chance I get.

He's on a roll
227043cb18a03ed790fbe0e6ce6bf23b.jpg

Take the volume of the ark and then add into it 7.8 million pairs of animals. Once you're done, calculate how much feed 7.8 millions pairs of animals would need and then tell me how much shit that created and what they did with it? If you're truly delusional add at least 700 pairs of dinosaurs.

I was towed there'd be no math.

The potential problem with your math of course is the assumption that the weight of a human shit equals the average of all 7.8 million pairs of animals aboard the Ark. I don't know what the average shit weight would be, but I'm going to assume it would be a somewhat more conservative number than that.

But your point is nonetheless taken. So for shits n' giggles, let's cut your figure in half - 10 million pounds of shit daily. And we haven't even considered the weight of the inhabitants themselves. If we cut your shit weight in half, let's then also cut the average weight of a human (137lbs) in half, to arrive at 68.5. Then we multiply by 15.6 million (7.8 million pairs x 2 for number of individuals) bringing us to a whopping 1.068 billion pounds - or 534,300 tons of inhabitants, in addition to the 10 million pounds of shit added daily plus food, extra dinosaurs, etc. I'm not a shipbuilder, but I'm guessing that Ark wouldn't be seaworthy at well over half million tons of payload. The longest ship ever built and 5th largest ever by gross tonnage fully laden displacement, was 458 meters long, with a gross tonnage at 657,000 or so fully laden. The Ark at measured only 158.5 meters long.

So I'm thinking it's safe to stop here and say, the math don't add up for the Ark.

The ark didn't happen. It's a myth in a book. End of story. We don't need math to know that. We only need to know that while the world was supposedly flooding, societies in India and China didn't seem to notice.

Reactions: IUecho87
The ark didn't happen. It's a myth in a book. End of story. We don't need math to know that. We only need to know that while the world was supposedly flooding, societies in India and China didn't seem to notice.
Black Sea and Persian Gulf. I would guess that civilization began in the Gulf. Theories state it happened 8000 years ago. Black Sea 5000, 6000?

fwiw - The Indians have a flood myth also. Hindu flood myth includes Vishnu warning the first man who collected grain and built a boat. It's basically the same story as Noah and Gilgamesh. IIRC other religions of that area also had them. All probably from the same source - a civilization in what is now the Persian Gulf that flooded.

Chinese have a great flood myth but it's probably based on normal floods.

Reactions: IU40IU
Maybe a C-$ shit weighs 2.5 pounds, but that can't be a normal person average

Okay this post - it just kills me. You will deny, through reason, logic, and some scientific thought, that shit probably doesn't weigh 2.5 lbs.

but there's this giant, unreasonable, illogical, unscientific fking elephant in the room that you readily accept with nothing more than a "leap"?

Priorities ... vbg

Black Sea and Persian Gulf. I would guess that civilization began in the Gulf. Theories state it happened 8000 years ago. Black Sea 5000, 6000?

fwiw - The Indians have a flood myth also. Hindu flood myth includes Vishnu warning the first man who collected grain and built a boat. It's basically the same story as Noah and Gilgamesh. IIRC other religions of that area also had them. All probably from the same source - a civilization in what is now the Persian Gulf that flooded.

Chinese have a great flood myth but it's probably based on normal floods.
They are all based on normal floods. Well, some European and near eastern ones might be cultural memories of the Black Sea event. Whatever.

Cities in India and China existed before the flood was supposed to have happened, and they kept going just fine. Being under water apparently didn't bother them at all.

There was no global flood. Period. This is not debatable.

(I know you already know this.)

Most humans carry about 20 pounds of shit in their bodies before it comes out in poop sized form. So don't discount that. The issues is that while losing that weight when you go to the bathroom, you put it right back in with food consumption/digestive process. Plus you need to take into account that most humans have anywhere from 5 to 15 pounds of waste just built up on the colon wall itself.

The creationist nuts have even come to realize the huge "species problem" and adapted their goofy beliefs accordingly.

They (or Ken Ham anyway) now say that evolution is real but only within "kinds". Thus Noah had just two birds on the ark, and all other birds evolved from them. Noah had just two bugs, and all other bugs evolved from them, etc.

Thus they magically get from millions of species to hundreds, with lots less poop, in their fairy tale world.

Of course the known diversity could not come close to evolving in their 6-10K year time frame.

The creationist nuts have even come to realize the huge "species problem" and adapted their goofy beliefs accordingly.

They (or Ken Ham anyway) now say that evolution is real but only within "kinds". Thus Noah had just two birds on the ark, and all other birds evolved from them. Noah had just two bugs, and all other bugs evolved from them, etc.

Thus they magically get from millions of species to hundreds, with lots less poop, in their fairy tale world.

Of course the known diversity could not come close to evolving in their 6-10K year time frame.

Just curious how do you think it all started? A random BANG?

@TheOriginalHappyGoat:

"The ark didn't happen. It's a myth in a book. End of story. We don't need math to know that. We only need to know that while the world was supposedly flooding, societies in India and China didn't seem to notice. "

Spoiler alert, dicck!

They are all based on normal floods. Well, some European and near eastern ones might be cultural memories of the Black Sea event. Whatever.

Cities in India and China existed before the flood was supposed to have happened, and they kept going just fine. Being under water apparently didn't bother them at all.

There was no global flood. Period. This is not debatable.

(I know you already know this.)

When you are the one drowning, the world can get real small real quick.
Doesn't much matter if its water or sin or evil or love of money doing the drowning.

Not to mention, I know folks who have never left Butcher Holler.

Moses wasn't talking to no China men.

Stop thinking like a noob.

Creationists Lives Matter!
Martian Lives Matter!
The crappie are biting are on jigs at 12-15 feet!

LTFU.

Just curious how do you think it all started? A random BANG?

No - a BIG bang - that created everything out of nothing, including time and space.

Maybe Godzillions of 'em. Just over and over, from one black hole to another, from infinity to infinity.

As for me, the crappie are biting on jigs at 12-15 ft.
THAT ain't no speculation and doesn't require any experiments.

12-0
Rose Bowl

Reactions: iucutter87
According to Elon Musk, we are in a computer simulation. If true, the Old Testament makes a lot of sense because our god is a fat IT guy who has a thing for Jewish chicks.

When you are the one drowning, the world can get real small real quick.
Doesn't much matter if its water or sin or evil or love of money doing the drowning.

Not to mention, I know folks who have never left Butcher Holler.

Moses wasn't talking to no China men.

Stop thinking like a noob.

Creationists Lives Matter!
Martian Lives Matter!
The crappie are biting are on jigs at 12-15 feet!

LTFU.
You might honestly be the dumbest poster here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT