ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Since this Site Seems to Have a Hyperabundance of Medical/Constitutional Experts...

Do I like Jordan Peterson? I have never met the man, nor have I listened to or read any of his information, so no, I don't like Jordan Peterson.

Do I perform my own research? I don’t trust the media to report facts, at all. They are an extension of the government at this point (which I also don't trust), imo. They have an obvious agenda and that agenda is tearing this country apart.

Am I “somewhat” libertarian (whatever that means)? I do believe people should make there own decisions when it comes to their life. We should have the freedom to decide what we do with our bodies and our property. If that's what you meant by "somewhat libertarian" then yes. I’d call myself politically homeless at this point. I don’t trust any of these self serving politicians, on either side.

Since we’re playing 20 questions...Who won the bet? What did you bet? What are your political views? Do you trust MSM? Do you like “The Squad”? Are you a Biden fan? Are you all in on the Green New Deal? Would you do anything the government suggested at any time? Do you think you know what's best for other people, even better than they do themselves? What are your thoughts on immigration? Do you believe the US is systemically racist? What are your thoughts on CRT?

I’m sitting on pins and needles awaiting your response.

My mechanic and I have a bet.
If you haven't already seen it, here's an interesting article that was sent to me this morning. It's a 2017 article about Moderna.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/01/10/moderna-trouble-mrna/

Reactions: TyWebbIU
Moderna is doing just fine.
Yes indeed, which is the biggest part of what makes the article interesting. It's probably old news to people who follow this kind of stuff regularly. For somebody like me it adds an extra layer to the story. Sort of like how the Feinstein book "A Season on the Brink" might add a layer to the story of IU's 1987 natty for some.

And what? Didn't you think it was a pretty interesting article? I like reading about the great athletes and hearing them talk about the turning points or key moments in their careers. The often interesting confluence of events that put them at just the right place at just the right time type of things etc. Same with coaches when they talk about turning points in their greatest seasons

This article is a snapshot in time just before that magic moment when the stars aligned for a mega star. A David Robinson right before the growth spurt kind of thing. Regardless, the article itself would be a bore if not for knowing what we know now.

Anyway, if I have to explain why it's interesting.... it's probably not that interesting after all. :)

Yep.

Our case-fatality rate in the US is 1.7%. While that sounds low, it's all a matter of context.

If we had a 1.7% chance of dying every time we got into a car -- 1 in 60 car rides resulted in death -- we'd consider driving a very dangerous endeavor.

So, yeah, I'd say there's a fairly good chance at death.
This analogy is inappropriate. The fatality rate is not randomly distributed amongst those who contract covid. High blood sugar, high blood pressure, blood tyype, ethnicity, vitamin D status, etc, all impact risk. People that have risk factors should rightly have different risk expectation. Those people would correspond to drivers driving while intoxicated or with debilitating seizures or badly impaired vision.

My view is that the main problem in the US now is that people are overly ideological and ideologies are simplifying rules of thought. Reality is usually more complex. At this time the left is hyper ideological and in control so when their ideological based policies are implemented they will not fare well vs reality. The same would be true of extreme right wing policies.

I saw poll results at Carnegie Mellon that found the highest percentage of vaccine hesitancy vs level of education was amongst PhD's so suggestive that labeling those not vaccinating as ignorant hillbillies doesnt capture the complexity..

This analogy is inappropriate. The fatality rate is not randomly distributed amongst those who contract covid. High blood sugar, high blood pressure, blood tyype, ethnicity, vitamin D status, etc, all impact risk. People that have risk factors should rightly have different risk expectation. Those people would correspond to drivers driving while intoxicated or with debilitating seizures or badly impaired vision.

My view is that the main problem in the US now is that people are overly ideological and ideologies are simplifying rules of thought. Reality is usually more complex. At this time the left is hyper ideological and in control so when their ideological based policies are implemented they will not fare well vs reality. The same would be true of extreme right wing policies.

I saw poll results at Carnegie Mellon that found the highest percentage of vaccine hesitancy vs level of education was amongst PhD's so suggestive that labeling those not vaccinating as ignorant hillbillies doesnt capture the complexity..
I attached a poll that showed the exact opposites. That those graduating from college and further were much more likely to get vaccinated. Least likely, those without a high school degree.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I attached a poll that showed the exact opposites. That those graduating from college and further were much more likely to get vaccinated. Least likely, those without a high school degree.
This poll also showed much less vaccine hesitancy for those with a bachelors vs those with a high school education. However when they broke college graduates into bachelors, masters, and PhD they found less vaccine hesitancy in masters vs bachelors and then a higher rate of vaccine hesitancy amongst PhD's vs all other groups including those holding only high school diploma.

Please see finding 144 and Figure B.

Keep your eye on the cheap generic fenofibrate. All results positive to date and first double blind study by end of year I believe. It may not pan out but all indications thus far is that it has a dramatic impact on covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01 and TyWebbIU
This poll also showed much less vaccine hesitancy for those with a bachelors vs those with a high school education. However when they broke college graduates into bachelors, masters, and PhD they found less vaccine hesitancy in masters vs bachelors and then a higher rate of vaccine hesitancy amongst PhD's vs all other groups including those holding only high school diploma.

Please see finding 144 and Figure B.

Keep your eye on the cheap generic fenofibrate. All results positive to date and first double blind study by end of year I believe. It may not pan out but all indications thus far is that it has a dramatic impact on covid.

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

I (that is me) call (proclaim with confidence) BS (Bullshit meaning made up story to bolster a weak position)

Hope this helps
I have no idea about his particular statement but Israel led the world in vaccinations at 78% over 12 fully vaccinated and they are suffering from a delta variant surge now. This is an article from Science one of the most respected science journals in the world-

This is one excerpt that even cautions against the blunt claim-

"What is clear is that “breakthrough” cases are not the rare events the term implies. As of 15 August, 514 Israelis were hospitalized with severe or critical COVID-19, a 31% increase from just 4 days earlier. Of the 514, 59% were fully vaccinated. Of the vaccinated, 87% were 60 or older. “There are so many breakthrough infections that they dominate and most of the hospitalized patients are actually vaccinated,” says Uri Shalit, a bioinformatician at the Israel Institute of Technology (Technion) who has consulted on COVID-19 for the government. “One of the big stories from Israel [is]: ‘Vaccines work, but not well enough.’”

Aran’s message for the United States and other wealthier nations considering boosters is stark: “Do not think that the boosters are the solution.""

Israel had early comprehensive vaccination and collects very high quality data so good to watch.

Also data from Israel indicates natural immunity from a previous infection provides very good protection thus far, much better than vaccines. If you want links I will post them.

I was wondering why you thought it was BS, and what lead you not to believe it.
Laughably Inconsistent with 100% of the objective research and data out there. Also the source here has a clear agenda.

Hope this helps.

Laughably Inconsistent with 100% of the objective research and data out there. Also the source here has a clear agenda.

Hope this helps.
And Big Pharma, the government and all its agencies (i.e CDC) don't have agendas of their own???? It's no wonder people look to the snake oil salesman on the internet for the COVID "cure"...

And Big Pharma, the government and all its agencies (i.e CDC) don't have agendas of their own???? It's no wonder people look to the snake oil salesman on the internet for the COVID "cure"...
History repeats itself!

What I don’t understand is everything was getting back to normal until Biden didn’t reach his vaccine quotas in July, now all hell has broken loose and it’s worse than before anyone was vaccinated. Looks to me Biden is doing a terrible job!

Last edited:
What I don’t understand is everything was getting back to normal until Biden didn’t reach his vaccine quotas in July, now all hell has broken loose and it’s worse than before anyone was vaccinated. Looks to me Biden is doing a terrible job!
The folks in the hospital (please don't tell us you think that is fake) are overwhelmingly unvaxed. This is not difficult to understand if you use critical thinking skills and have a shred of objectivity.

Bido is doing a terrible job on some fronts but this mess is on the unvaxxed sheep.

What you fail to grasp is that every source has an agenda. EVERY SINGLE ONE
There is precious little I fail to grasp. It is an advantage in being an objective idependent.

Yes, I prefer those who's agenda is the discovery, testing and application of science for the good of the human race (and personal gain through pay and advancement..as I am am ardent capitalist).

I don't prefer agendas based upon fleeting political laundry.

There is precious little I fail to grasp. It is an advantage in being an objective idependent.

Yes, I prefer those who's agenda is the discovery, testing and application of science for the good of the human race (and personal gain through pay and advancement..as I am am ardent capitalist).

I don't prefer agendas based upon fleeting political laundry.
I'm an ardent capitalist as well. There are "fleeting political laundry" agendas in your "discovery, testing and application of science for the good of the human race people/studies as well. You just have to squint a bit and think a bit more critically to see/find them. That's my opinion anyway.

I'm an ardent capitalist as well. There are "fleeting political laundry" agendas in your "discovery, testing and application of science for the good of the human race people/studies as well. You just have to squint a bit and think a bit more critically to see/find them. That's my opinion anyway.
Good for you.

Reactions: Lucy01
The folks in the hospital (please don't tell us you think that is fake) are overwhelmingly unvaxed. This is not difficult to understand if you use critical thinking skills and have a shred of objectivity.

Bido is doing a terrible job on some fronts but this mess is on the unvaxxed sheep.
I do mostly agree with this.... The vast majority of sick sick people are unvaxxed.... But what I used to think of as conspiracy theorists I've had to change my opinions of.... Most unvaxxed are not doing this for political reasons. They are truly frightened of the vaccine. Whether they should be or not is a matter of debate (I spend every day trying to convince people to get the vaccine), but they are truly afraid.

I do mostly agree with this.... The vast majority of sick sick people are unvaxxed.... But what I used to think of as conspiracy theorists I've had to change my opinions of.... Most unvaxxed are not doing this for political reasons. They are truly frightened of the vaccine. Whether they should be or not is a matter of debate (I spend every day trying to convince people to get the vaccine), but they are truly afraid.
Is frightened the right description. The people I know that are not vaxxed aren't "afraid" of the vaccine. They are healthy people that are unwilling to inject a substance into their bodies that was rushed through, knowing that they have an overwhelming chance of beating Covid if they get it.

I know another very smart person whose doctor recommended against it. The doctor has been successfully treating his patients that have gotten Covid. Knowing this, he doesn't recommend injecting vaccines that have unknown long term side effects.

The unvaxxed people I know are basing their decisions on logic rather than fear.

It seems reasonable to me, but what do I know. I decided to get vaxxed.

Finally, I don't think you will convince anyone that hasn't gotten the vax by now to do so. You're wasting your time trying to convince them, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticArisen
No they weren’t.

No they weren’t. That’s a lie. The only truth to your post was the “guessing” part.
Bwaha. Well, ok then, I was lieing. Stay safe in mommy's basement. Uodate: Another 3 vaccinated out with Covid, and an army of strep right now. The other folks who were out, all back without any major health complications. I'm sure you've been worried about them.

Bwaha. Well, ok then, I was lieing. Stay safe in mommy's basement. Uodate: Another 3 vaccinated out with Covid, and an army of strep right now. The other folks who were out, all back without any major health complications. I'm sure you've been worried about them.
The latest data from the UK indicates that vaccine protection from the Delta variant starts decreasing after 3 months. I am not sure many people realize that Covid is much different then say smallpox or polio in that it mutates rapidly. As I noted above Israel had early and comprehensive vaccinations and now vaccine protection in the population has subsided to the point they have another Covid surge. This includes a surge in serious and critical Covid cases amongst the fully vaccinated.

They have started the 3rd round of shots already in Israel and no one can be certain at this time how long protection will last after this 3rd shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: namnik
The latest data from the UK indicates that vaccine protection from the Delta variant starts decreasing after 3 months. I am not sure many people realize that Covid is much different then say smallpox or polio in that it mutates rapidly. As I noted above Israel had early and comprehensive vaccinations and now vaccine protection in the population has subsided to the point they have another Covid surge. This includes a surge in serious and critical Covid cases amongst the fully vaccinated.

They have started the 3rd round of shots already in Israel and no one can be certain at this time how long protection will last after this 3rd shot.
And another update. My neighbor who had both shots 4 months ago just passed away after having been on a vent the last 3 weeks. Sadly, the shot doesn't mean you won't catch it again and possibly die from Covid. Good husband and dad.

And another update. My neighbor who had both shots 4 months ago just passed away after having been on a vent the last 3 weeks. Sadly, the shot doesn't mean you won't catch it again and possibly die from Covid. Good husband and dad.
Sorry to hear that and I know how tough the news is to take when it happens to someone you know and respect.

Then can we please stop calling a shot that only protects 90 days a vaccine?

Did he really catch Covid again? Or did the shot kill him? That’s the question that needs to be asked. FYI- as of this morning Japan has shut down the use of Moderna.

I cannot believe this site has allowed you continue to post. Your misinformation and lies put Rivals at risk, it isn't an opinion or point of view, it is pure false information.
Then talk to the doctors who provided the information. Do you need a tissue?....You sound like you got beat up a lot as a kid...and probably still do. Grow a pair.

Did he really catch Covid again? Or did the shot kill him? That’s the question that needs to be asked. FYI- as of this morning Japan has shut down the use of Moderna.
There are doctors out there saying that a good % of the people who are getting this experiment will die in 3-5 years from heart attack,or from swelling of the heart and the surrounding tissue. Sounds like a good reason to shut it down...but that won't happen here,because people believe whatever the TV tells them to believe,and then they call people who can think for themselves,stupid. Hilarious

Have any of you ever thought about why there is so much panic over a virus with a mortality rate of less than 1%? Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT