ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Since this Site Seems to Have a Hyperabundance of Medical/Constitutional Experts...

At what point is it okay to stop wearing masks? What is the end game? Do kids and society wear masks perpetually or do the masks go as the case counts go? Seems like a scene from Wayne's World with "Mask On" and "Mask Off" replacing Game On. Meanwhile, kids get sick. They heal and get better and life goes on. If adults have 100% option to get vaccines, including teachers, and vaccines are effective against the virus, it begs the question, when does it end?

Science is going to have to answer that for us. I think we were headed for mask freedom and got pretty close. Ultimately the low vax numbers dragged us backwards.

Science is going to have to answer that for us. I think we were headed for mask freedom and got pretty close. Ultimately the low vax numbers dragged us backwards.
If it's all non vaxers fault, why is Israel and other areas with very high vaccine rates exploding? How is it spreading at parties with allegedly 100% vaccination rates (see Obama's recent party. No way anyone is allowed to attend that party that hadn't been fully vaccinated.). Is it because they weren't masking? In my opinion, no mask or vaccine is going to stop this. I believe natural immunity / biology will need to take place and allow the natural cycle of the virus to run it's course. Respect differing opinions. However, it's easier for me personally to accept reality and deal with it rather than constantly pointing blame fingers as to why it's happening, right or wrong.

See what I mean.....even facing facts,they still manage to downplay it because it doesn't fit what the TV told them. Brainwashed morons destroying the country because they can't think for themselves. Your parents sucks.

Libs only want to allow "freedom of choice" for policies like murdering babies and illegal immigration. Otherwise it's regulate, restrict, and denigrate.
What an ignorant, and bigoted comment. Way to try and screw up an interesting and informative discussion going on here. Please get a life.

Reactions: billyhillui
If it's all non vaxers fault, why is Israel and other areas with very high vaccine rates exploding? How is it spreading at parties with allegedly 100% vaccination rates (see Obama's recent party. No way anyone is allowed to attend that party that hadn't been fully vaccinated.). Is it because they weren't masking? In my opinion, no mask or vaccine is going to stop this. I believe natural immunity / biology will need to take place and allow the natural cycle of the virus to run it's course. Respect differing opinions. However, it's easier for me personally to accept reality and deal with it rather than constantly pointing blame fingers as to why it's happening, right or wrong.
Relax. Vaccine does not stop infection from Covid and especially the Delta variant, even if some data suggests it may depress infection rates. Big part of the reason why Israel has such high number of infections among the vaccinated is that 80% of the country's adult population has already been vaccinated.
Doesn't matter so much, because what's important is that vaccine mostly stops Covid from killing people.

Mask or don't mask, vax, or don't vax, at this point it's really about minimizing exposure for the un-vaccinated segment of the population, that is, kids 12 and under - everything else by comparison, is basically BS.

If contributing to or participating in short-term practices that make the world potentially a little safer for children is too trivial/demanding/invasive for some, then they're probably in the wrong damn country.

Relax? You relax. If anyone on this board relative to vaccines and this pandemic is relaxed, it’s me. Also, my entire family has already had it. Including my kids. We didn’t try to get it, but didn’t avoid it either. Like 99.999% of the kids who get it, they survived and were fine.
relax

Stop with the "low Vax numbers"...THE VAX ISNT WORKING!....pay atten
The vax was bioengineered for Covid-19, not the new delta, so this is why people who received the vax can come down with the delta variant. However, the vax will save you from serious illness and death from the delta. The vax is doing what it’s supposed to do and doing it remarkably well. Hence, this is why our hospitals are filling up with unvaccinated patients.

And yes, I realize most people who get the virus have mild to no symptoms, but it’s been shown over and over that some with no risk factors getting it and dying from it. It’s very likely you’ll survive, though it’s a little like playing Russian Roulette.. you just never know.

Reactions: mathboy
Like 99.999% of the kids who get it, they survived and were fine.
Maybe time to update/re-inform your perspective - nothing "fine" about recent numbers coming out of FL for hospitalizations among children. Delta proving to be much worse for kids than the initial version(s).

Glad you and yours came through unscathed.

Maybe time to update/re-inform your perspective - nothing "fine" about recent numbers coming out of FL for hospitalizations among children. Delta proving to be much worse for kids than the initial version(s).

Glad you and yours came through unscathed.
Thank you Rikki. I am well informed and my perspective hasn’t changed. No one wants anyone to be sick. No matter the age and especially children. Sadly, this is unavoidable. Kids are going to get sick. Vaccinated people are getting sick. Unvaccinated adults are getting sick. Hopefully for any children that get so sick it takes them to the hospitable our good doctors and health providers are able to treat them early enough and utilize the advances in therapeutics to get them well and back home and healthy.

Thank you Rikki. I am well informed and my perspective hasn’t changed. No one wants anyone to be sick. No matter the age and especially children. Sadly, this is unavoidable. Kids are going to get sick. Vaccinated people are getting sick. Unvaccinated adults are getting sick. Hopefully for any children that get so sick it takes them to the hospitable our good doctors and health providers are able to treat them early enough and utilize the advances in therapeutics to get them well and back home and healthy.
There’s evidence that vaccinated people are not really getting sick, though. At the recent Lalapalooza in Chicago they had 385,000 concertgoers with only about 200 coming down with COVID. They estimate that 90% of attendees were vaccinated (you needed to be vaxed to get in, but reports of some sneaking in without showing proof), hence the low numbers that kept it from being a superspreader event.

There’s evidence that vaccinated people are not really getting sick, though. At the recent Lalapalooza in Chicago they had 385,000 concertgoers with only about 200 coming down with COVID. They estimate that 90% of attendees were vaccinated (you needed to be vaxed to get in, but reports of some sneaking in without showing proof), hence the low numbers that kept it from being a superspreader event.

Correct. Vaccine has always been misunderstood as making folks immune to the virus. And until Delta, it has been highly effective n doing that. Just like the flu vaccine, the docs pic the strain that is most prominent and the vaccine is generated against that stran. But as we know, if they choose the wrong variant, it’s not effective against stopping people from getting the flu. More than anything, this vaccine is effective in mitigating the symptoms and keeping people from going to the hospital. Which should be celebrated!

The vax was bioengineered for Covid-19, not the new delta, so this is why people who received the vax can come down with the delta variant. However, the vax will save you from serious illness and death from the delta. The vax is doing what it’s supposed to do and doing it remarkably well. Hence, this is why our hospitals are filling up with unvaccinated patients.

And yes, I realize most people who get the virus have mild to no symptoms, but it’s been shown over and over that some with no risk factors getting it and dying from it. It’s very likely you’ll survive, though it’s a little like playing Russian Roulette.. you just never know.
There are places in this country where vaccinated covid patients makeup as much as 40% of admitted patients. Not buying it.

Correct. Vaccine has always been misunderstood as making folks immune to the virus. And until Delta, it has been highly effective n doing that. Just like the flu vaccine, the docs pic the strain that is most prominent and the vaccine is generated against that stran. But as we know, if they choose the wrong variant, it’s not effective against stopping people from getting the flu. More than anything, this vaccine is effective in mitigating the symptoms and keeping people from going to the hospital. Which should be celebrated!
Speaking of the flu...why has that disappeared since covid started?....oh...because the covid test can't distinguish between the 2 viruses is why. That's why the CDC has said that at the end of this year,the current testing will be deemed flawed and unusable by law. They have no idea what they are doing. Why recommend masks when the research they paid to have done,proves that masks are pointless in the realm of prevention,but could actually make you more likely to have some type of immune system deficiency,causing you to be more likely to get sick. It's a joke,they are babbling,it's very likely Faucci and the CDC will be sued. They cry in a year when you realize the vaccine caused severe health issues in other aspects of your health. Also,remember that dems didn't want to take the vaccine while Trump was in office,but as soon as the election results came back,they were all gung-ho, and all in. Go look at their interviews,Biden and Kamala included,wanted to part of the vaccine until they won. I can think for myself,and something just doesn't seem right. I'll pass.

Speaking of the flu...why has that disappeared since covid started?....oh...because the covid test can't distinguish between the 2 viruses is why. That's why the CDC has said that at the end of this year,the current testing will be deemed flawed and unusable by law. They have no idea what they are doing. Why recommend masks when the research they paid to have done,proves that masks are pointless in the realm of prevention,but could actually make you more likely to have some type of immune system deficiency,causing you to be more likely to get sick. It's a joke,they are babbling,it's very likely Faucci and the CDC will be sued. They cry in a year when you realize the vaccine caused severe health issues in other aspects of your health. Also,remember that dems didn't want to take the vaccine while Trump was in office,but as soon as the election results came back,they were all gung-ho, and all in. Go look at their interviews,Biden and Kamala included,wanted to part of the vaccine until they won. I can think for myself,and something just doesn't seem right. I'll pass.

You do know covid test and flu test aren't the same thing and it's possible to have them both at the same time?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
The delta variant is harming children at a much worse rate than previous forms of covid. Children's ICUs are running out of hospital beds. Kids with no comorbidities are dying in Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. The common theme is this is happening in places with low vaccination rates and "optional" mask wearing. The delta variant is more contagious that previous forms of Covid, so mask wearing by everyone who shares an enclosed space is more important than ever. And with children being unable to get vaccinated, it is up to every eligible person to get vaccinated in the hopes they will prevent the virus from spreading to children.

As others have mentioned, it is a shame that a public health crisis got politicized from day 1. So many millions of Americans treat politics like sports; they stand unconditionally with their team while mocking anything the rival side does. So everything from masks to social distancing to vaccines has been politicized. We could have come together as a country and beat this thing the way we did with smallpox. But politics got in the way. Now the virus has mutated into this delta variant and things are going to get worse before they get better.

I can't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do regarding vaccines and masks. But everyone needs to understand that the old "children aren't at risk from Covid" saying no longer applies. Children are very much at risk from the Delta variant of Covid. I hope that protecting children will be enough to convince the unvaxxed to get vaccinated, and to convince the Karens to put on a dang mask.

???

And the Trumpers don’t care how many people they spread Covid to, even children who can’t be vaccinated yet. Pathetic.
I know as many trump supporters that have vaccinated as Biden ones. I’m not sure you are being completely honest with statements like that. Many view it as a personal decision. You can’t just pigeon hole a group without sounding narcissistic. I voted for Trump and I am on the Vax wagon. I got vaccinated as quick as I could. My 13 year old is on shot one. This second outbreak was expected and if you didn’t see it coming then you haven’t paid attention. I for one will not attack anyone without a mask or question motive. I just do what “I can do”. This virus( and variants) is going to be around forever. If people want to not get vaccinated then that’s on them. If you believe the science then you have less to worry about.

but muh free-dumbs, Eyes dids sum re-a'searchin' ...

lmao.

You're ignoring long term health effects. Just like every other hillbilly does,.
The long haulers are real. That concerns me the most. Who wants to feel like garbage and not function. Deaths were overstated from day one making the long term effects take a back seat.

I really want to take you seriously but these statements are just false.

You do know covid test and flu test aren't the same thing and it's possible to have them both at the same time?
I’m sure people don’t realize that viruses compete. The coronavirus and flu have shown to block each other. Viral interference has been studied for a long while.

I’m sure people don’t realize that viruses compete. The coronavirus and flu have shown to block each other. Viral interference has been studied for a long while.
My sister, who is a nurse for Parkview hospital in Fort Wayne, was in the Covid ICU unit last year and tested positive for both covid and the flu at the same time, which caused her to develope pneumonia fairly quickly.

You are talking to a stone.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
It is one thing to be ignorant, it is quite another to knowingly and actively post false information about the virus on an open forum. There are rules against that here, on facebook and twitter and your garbage needs to be taken down and you put in the penalty box for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Kerwinwaltonsafro
It is one thing to be ignorant, it is quite another to knowingly and actively post false information about the virus on an open forum. There are rules against that here, on facebook and twitter and your garbage needs to be taken down and you put in the penalty box for a couple of weeks.
Yet,you fail to tell me what is "false information"...do you know the truth?...or are you just believing what you are told? Think

It's also possible to have the flu and be diagnosed with covid because that's what fits the story they want to tell

You can have both the flu and covid at the same time.

Have you ever thought that maybe the flu wasn't around last year because kids were wearing masks in school and people were being more clean by washing their hands more often and social distancing when inside? My kids, who often at least have a cold during the winter, didn't have anything during the entire school year, which was awesome. The only time they missed was when we had to pull one of them because a kid tested positive on the bus for covid so we had to get both of them a negative covid test so they could get back in the classroom.

The flu didn't disappear because covid tests were changed. The flu disappeared because people started using better hygiene and not getting so close to people indoors. It's not hard to figure out.

You can have both the flu and covid at the same time.

Have you ever thought that maybe the flu wasn't around last year because kids were wearing masks in school and people were being more clean by washing their hands more often and social distancing when inside? My kids, who often at least have a cold during the winter, didn't have anything during the entire school year, which was awesome. The only time they missed was when we had to pull one of them because a kid tested positive on the bus for covid so we had to get both of them a negative covid test so they could get back in the classroom.

The flu didn't disappear because covid tests were changed. The flu disappeared because people started using better hygiene and not getting so close to people indoors. It's not hard to figure out.

As soon as mask mandates disappeared, people started coming into the DRs office with the other ailments.

The delta variant is harming children at a much worse rate than previous forms of covid. Children's ICUs are running out of hospital beds. Kids with no comorbidities are dying in Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. The common theme is this is happening in places with low vaccination rates and "optional" mask wearing. The delta variant is more contagious that previous forms of Covid, so mask wearing by everyone who shares an enclosed space is more important than ever. And with children being unable to get vaccinated, it is up to every eligible person to get vaccinated in the hopes they will prevent the virus from spreading to children.

As others have mentioned, it is a shame that a public health crisis got politicized from day 1. So many millions of Americans treat politics like sports; they stand unconditionally with their team while mocking anything the rival side does. So everything from masks to social distancing to vaccines has been politicized. We could have come together as a country and beat this thing the way we did with smallpox. But politics got in the way. Now the virus has mutated into this delta variant and things are going to get worse before they get better.

I can't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do regarding vaccines and masks. But everyone needs to understand that the old "children aren't at risk from Covid" saying no longer applies. Children are very much at risk from the Delta variant of Covid. I hope that protecting children will be enough to convince the unvaxxed to get vaccinated, and to convince the Karens to put on a dang mask.
The college kids that have been giving me info say that one problem is that they no longer trust the mainstream news and they say this is just one of the many reasons why.

They used my home county of Scott to illustrate. They say that based on population Scott Co. would be expected to have 43 covid 19 deaths. As of now, Scott has 58 covid deaths. So Scott county has had nearly 35% more covid deaths than expectation.

Scott county has 4 nursing homes, which combined have had 44 covid deaths. This during a time when residents could only be infected by other residents and staff due to no visitation rules. Scott county has had 43 deaths of age 70+. So there has been virtually no covid deaths among the elderly that do not live in facilities. Those elderly who have been exposed to family, friends and grandchildren have not been the ones dying of covid (at least not in Scott county).

They say that you can check your own counties using this link https://projects.propublica.org/nursing-homes/state/IN in conjunction with the Indiana Covid Dashboard. Also, a nursing home official encouraged one of the kids to look at these numbers if they wanted to see something really strange.

Regardless Delta and whatever comes next are likely game changers as you alluded to and all of their investigations may already be moot.

Anyway, they have been occasionally checking in to this thread to get ideas for further digging. They asked me to post this, but it is without a doubt my last post on this subject. If anyone would like to link them to info that the kids should check out, they will continue to check in for a few days on this thread.

Brainworms? Enough to make one speculate about some mobile homes maybe having basements.

No truer now than it was in kindergarten.
Big Pharma using space lasers to spread covid so they can sell vaccine? Assume team trump delivers this theory here soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT