ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Meanwhile, funny sh!t in Boil-down land

Here is the CBSSPORTS.com ranking of the 130 College Bowl Division teams as of last week:

IU Opponents out of Confrence: Ball St 60, UConn 123, East. Illinois Not Rated because not Bowl Division (presumably lower than 130)
Average: 105 (assigning a value of 131 to EIU, which is probably generous given that they have not won a game even in their division)

Purdue Opponents out of Conference: TCU 52 (likely higher after beating Texas), Nevada 99, Vanderbilt 114
Average: 88

At least 17 spots better in quality of oponents in the OOC. That strikes me as a bit of a difference.

But, keep in mind Purdue has 7 home games this year. Huge advantage.

Here is the CBSSPORTS.com ranking of the 130 College Bowl Division teams as of last week:

IU Opponents out of Confrence: Ball St 60, UConn 123, East. Illinois Not Rated because not Bowl Division (presumably lower than 130)
Average: 105 (assigning a value of 131 to EIU, which is probably generous given that they have not won a game even in their division)

Purdue Opponents out of Conference: TCU 52 (likely higher after beating Texas), Nevada 99, Vanderbilt 114

At least 17 spots better in quality of oponents in the OOC. That strikes me as a bit of a difference.
Don't get too close to a feather . . . .

What are you serious you think injury 's Has not played a row in Purdue season. Well I will go with all the experts on what they're saying . I will say it again Indiana if you're going to Beat purdue you must do this year.

Lmao Do you mean if we want to beat Purdue for the 5th time in the last 7 games, we must win this year? Valid point.

Reactions: Wyohoosier1
Agreed. Would not be good to again be the more talented team and lose the bucket in spite of that.

We are 4-2 the last 6 years. You guys have bragged about your recruiting classes to no end. Yet here we sit, both incredibly young teams.....but going in opposite directions. Some teams overcome injuries (Indiana), some don't (Purdue).

Purdue's record does not yet reflect how good of a team it is. They caught Nevada when PU's team hadn't had a chance to gel yet, and caught Illinois after Lovie finally got that team turning the corner. Let's see whether PU lays down to Nebraska next week and Northwestern the week after that.

Wow, that's quite the excuse. Nevada on the other hand had way more time to gel? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are 4-2 the last 6 years. You guys have bragged about your recruiting classes to no end. Yet here we sit, both incredibly young teams.....but going in opposite directions. Some teams overcome injuries (Indiana), some don't (Purdue).

What injuries did IU have compared to Purdue? Night and day different. Like I said before, perhaps your recruiting class will challenge Purdue’s. Not likely but maybe. Purdue has a good chance of landing their 6th 4* this class.

Don't get too close to a feather . . . .

I was generous assigning a value of 131 to EIU given that they have not won a game even in their grouping. It is probably closer to 200 in actuality. Thus the average is closer to 130; making a difference of 47. That would strike me as overcoming the extra home game.

IU will struggle stopping Purdue’s offense which is why it is so huge that they are bowl eligible heading into that game. A loss won’t end the season.
I like IU's ability to stop purdue better than purdue's ability to stop IU. Stevie Scott might run for 200 and Whop might go for 200 through the air.

Reactions: td75 and YOTHN
What injuries did IU have compared to Purdue? Night and day different. Like I said before, perhaps your recruiting class will challenge Purdue’s. Not likely but maybe. Purdue has a good chance of landing their 6th 4* this class.

We have had 2 starters on D leave the team. All B1G senior LT out all year. Our starting QB has played half the season. Our best WR missed a game. Plenty of injuries, the difference is you guys cry about it and throw in the towel. IU plays on.

Last edited:
I was generous assigning a value of 131 to EIU given that they have not won a game even in their grouping. It is probably closer to 200 in actuality. Thus the average is closer to 130; making a difference of 47. That would strike me as overcoming the extra home game.
Is this the best Purdue fans can do talking crap any more? “One team on your schedule wasn’t very good so all the other games you won don’t really count...” Lame.

So you think IU doesn't beat #52 when we beat #60 ? Or that we don't beat #99 (which you failed to do) or #114 ? I call that a stretch.

The fact that we beat 3 low-rated teams, each rated slightly lower than your opponents (keeping in mind that you actually lost to #99 AND #52) somehow means that if we flipped schedules you'd be 6-2 and we'd be 2-6. That's some twisted effin' logic.

For whatever reason(s) - injuries or whatever else, Purdue is still a horrible football team this year. We both beat our only common opponent. Let's see how you do against Nebraska next week. You played PSU, they likely beat us as well. But I'd trade anybody else on your schedule for MSU at their place or OSU - which happen to be our only losses. You haven't even been close against any of your conference losses.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips

What is quite misleading about this is that four of the six are cupcakes regardless and you clowns lost to one of them, IU did not. Each played one decent team; TCU is a bit better than BSU but BSU vs IU is a different motivation. You clowns got pounded by TCU at W Laffy while IU beat BSU at a neutral site. That strikes most people as a "bit of a difference".

Look, you clowns will focus on the bucket game because it is your season and IU is your obsession, I get that. Frankly, I hope IU rests some guys to avoid injuries...I imagine we may see some ugliness in play and IU needs to stay away from it.

It doesn't change that purdue is really bad. The Illinois game was Rutgers-like bad.

Reactions: td75

In addition to the IU players mentioned above: starting center and one of the best OLinemen in the country. PU is more banged up for sure, but it still hasn't cost you a game and that is a compliment.

What are you serious you think injury 's Has not played a row in Purdue season. Well I will go with all the experts on what they're saying . I will say it again Indiana if you're going to Beat purdue you must do this year.
Pretty sure a lot of PU fans said last year, IU better win the bucket this year because PU will own it for a while....and here IU is 6-2 and Purdue is 2-6. Brohm will add another 4* receiver, that should help the running game.

And I was generous in not talking about parents of PU basketball players having to come onto GBI and chastise you directly for trashing IU players that she knows and likes and you have never met.

Ms. Reed and I have no issues. The IU player of whom she was speaking was Smith; Smith was not the subject of the radio discussion to which was referred. Your facts are incorrect; again. You are confused or intentionally misstating; again.

Ms. Reed and I have no issues. The IU player of whom she was speaking was Smith; Smith was not the subject of the radio discussion to which was referred. Your facts are incorrect; again. You are confused or intentionally misstating; again.

Smith, Greene and Romeo were your targets at that time and she defended them because she has known two of them since they were very young. Grown ass men who take personal shots at 18 and 19 year old kids they never met just because they were given a chance to play at IU are scum.

You are scum.

Nobody cares, again...

Go back to your own board and start taking up a defense fund collection for whichever members of your football staff get caught buying players (which we all know IS inevitable)...

Yet we beat #60 ball state and you got throttled by TCU. You also lost to Nevada. We also have a much hard big ten SOS

You must be one of those up and coming IU fans who like to think Kentucky is our biggest rival, a team we no longer play in either sport. I bet you can even smell the big river from where you must live. Is your trailer still moldy from the last flood? They say if you don’t crack a window, it affects the reasoning process. Now, that just drips of cute!

What? No one thinks PU has a rival. Maybe Indiana State?

Last edited:
If your team was better constructed the injuries you have had wouldn't leave you this completely incompetent. That's on your coaches.

As for recruiting classes, if last year's group was really that great it's hard to imagine they wouldn't be able to at least compete with Illinois. As for future recruits, we had a class around 2013 or so that was one of the best in the country. Every single one of our highest rated recruits flamed out. And we still managed to be competitive with tons of young players the last 2 years.

There's a little more to it than the number of stars. The balance across the class matters more. The simple fact is that the guys Hazell left you in the trenches were better than the guys Brohm has recruited. There's more to building a football team than ten 4-star WRs and one very good home-grown DE.

Smith, Greene and Romeo were your targets at that time and she defended them because she has known two of them since they were very young. Grown ass men who take personal shots at 18 and 19 year old kids they never met just because they were given a chance to play at IU are scum.

You are scum.

First of all, I have never posted a bad comment about Smith or Greene relative to their character. You are simply making things up. I have never used the word "scum" in this regard. You have been outed here as spinning fables before and are at it again.

I always hope we beat Purdue, as does any true IU fan, even newer ones like you. I don’t have your obsession with them though.
No you don't. You are a PUke troll like the rest. You obviously aren't a moron like boilerbub, and you don't attempt ridiculously illogical defenses of your current program's woes like Kilroy's or arcb, but you are not a Hoosier fan.

You are Ordfan, and you can't hide your disdain for real IU fans - try as you might.

Reactions: 76-1
Purdue's record does not yet reflect how good of a team it is. They caught Nevada when PU's team hadn't had a chance to gel yet, and caught Illinois after Lovie finally got that team turning the corner. Let's see whether PU lays doconsin. wn to Nebraska next week and Northwestern the week after that.
That was not the Illinois team that beat Wisconsin. They could not pass the ball and had many runs for loss. purdue screwed up so often that Illinois couldn't have lost with good field position. purdue scored 6 points. 6 points against Illinois!

And Illinois was 17 points better than purdue @ purdue. 6 points. You scored 6 points!

First of all, I have never posted a bad comment about Smith or Greene relative to their character. You are simply making things up. I have never used the word "scum" in this regard. You have been outed here as spinning fables before and are at it again.

Of course you did SCUM
Go back to GBI and sob about my posts...it's what you do

Rent free baby

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT