ADVERTISEMENT

one day left in Savannah...

djenen

Freshman
Dec 25, 2011
Already did the house tours, ghost tours, river front, walked all over.

Any suggestions on what we cannot miss before we go home?

We were thinking a river cruise...

BTW, it's hot as balls here

You might want to trek on over to Hilton Head. About 30-40 minutes away. Check out the lighthouse and some good restaurants. The beaches there are pretty good.

Already did the house tours, ghost tours, river front, walked all over.

Any suggestions on what we cannot miss before we go home?

We were thinking a river cruise...

BTW, it's hot as balls here

1. Play the golf course on the island.
2. Find the nuke they lost in the river there before it leaks and creates the Creature From the Black Lagoon
Annex%20-%20Adams,%20Julie%20(Creature%20From%20the%20Black%20Lagoon)_01.jpg

I'd go to the Fort (Pulaski?) on Tybee island, and maybe kayaking out there...their public beach is ok for hilljacks.
If you can spend a couple grand on art you should contact Susan Laney, she has a bunch of Jack Leigh's old stuff, and she is easy to work with.

Check out Tybee Island Lighthouse and wait an hour in line to eat at Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room (worth the wait).

I am getting married down there later this month...love Savannah. Definitely stop in to Pinkie Masters for a beer and shot; it's a great hole in the wall with a bunch of history on the walls. And as someone else said, Mrs Wilke's is great for grub

The humidity of the South definitely takes some getting used to, especially if you're coming down from mild or even chilly Northern climes. Gotta get used to sweating, plan your day so you're not doing physical activities in the hot part of the day and look for opportunities to cool off whenever possible. I can't handle Florida heat, but the Carolinas and Georgia, especially mountains and coastal, I can deal with after being down here for several years. To me some of the inland cities like Columbia, Fayetteville, Florence, Augusta, Statesboro and Macon are even more miserable. Hope it didn't ruin your trip, pretty town.

Wtf, why did you go there in June? Try Oct or November for a nice time. Cool city in the actual historic parts, the rest of the place is dump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT