ADVERTISEMENT

Omg I am about to lose my mind over this play calling.

They've never been built for power running but they want to do it down close, and it hasn't worked well.
What I am surprised about with Wilson is that he has not been able to recruit better QB's. With how our offense has done over the years I would have thought if their was one position that we could have gotten top recruits it would have been Qb's and OL.

Call a TO and then run basic play off tackle? Game over.

It was clear cut as soon as they lined up. If you don't think O$U noticed Natee offset and forward with Redding behind, you sell the #1 defense a little short. They knew exactly where the ball was going. As did nearly 100,000 fans.

Reactions: DANC
I would have loved to see Natee get the ball once in that series.

Most of his runs have gone for positive yards the last 2 games......may have gotten the 1-2 yards IU needed at that time.

I love all of you armchair quarterbacks. I thought our game plan was solid and we consistently stayed with it. To think Lagow would win this game through the air is wrong. I agree, the run game wasn't successful by itself, but allowed several pass plays to work. We were in the game until the failed fourth down play. Easy to criticize the call when it didn't work. They have superior defensive backs and running was our best option, IMO.

I love all of you armchair quarterbacks. I thought our game plan was solid and we consistently stayed with it. To think Lagow would win this game through the air is wrong. I agree, the run game wasn't successful by itself, but allowed several pass plays to work. We were in the game until the failed fourth down play. Easy to criticize the call when it didn't work. They have superior defensive backs and running was our best option, IMO.
No problem with running the ball but when you lose 3 yards on first down you can't run it on second down. You are not helping your QB if you are only passing on 3rd down especially 3rd and long.

Flash: you are also an armchair quarterback - just like the rest of us - boldly making predictions and rationalizations in anonymity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT