ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics Thread

U.S. is going to cleanup in track and field. At least 20 medals coming with a lot of gold.
Correction - they might have 20 by Monday. May be sweeping shot put and bronze in 10,000 by Grant Fisher was a big surprise. Go watch the replay of the last 5 or so laps. He looked like he was done for but came back like a monster. Almost took silver. Even as a former swimmer, I love watching track and field more.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Epic round by Scotty but he doesn’t win without an equally epic collapse by Rahm, who went 5 over through his last 7 holes.

Rahm was -20 at one point on the back 9. If he pars in, he wins.

Rahm hasn’t been the same since he cashed that big LIV check.

Also, when I saw Rory choke I thought, yeah, this is just like a major.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Epic round by Scotty but he doesn’t win without an equally epic collapse by Rahm, who went 5 over through his last 7 holes.

Rahm's post-loss interview was a classic. Just killed him. Feel bad for the guy.

And Gold and Silver in the 100M. That was an unbelievable race. 5 thousandths of a second between gold and silver. 26 thousandths between gold and no medal.
Thompson inexperience probably cost him the gold - 1st major event

Reactions: hoosboot

Rahm and Tom Kim missed a big opportunity. If you leave the door open…Scheffler will walk thru it

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Ukraine high jumper wins Gold, and is a babe.

15ukraine-jumper3-articleLarge.jpg

I have no interest in cycling generally. However, watching American Kristen Faulkner come from behind and smoke the field to win the women’s road race gold was incredible.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Murt..? Is that you?
Mondo Duplantis just set a world record vaulting 6.25 meters (20 ft. 6 inches). Interesting that he’s American and grew up in Lafayette, LA, but decided to participate for Sweden, where his mom is from. His dad is American. At 24 he’s the best pole vaulter in history breaking his own world record about 10 times.

The US women stole two medals in gymnastics. The Romanians were better and it wasn’t close.

Can’t think of a more exciting, and awesome finish in an Olympics track event.

Wasn’t a huge fan of the Norway and Britain guys either. So watching Hocker pass them both was incredible.
It looked like he was trying to kick earlier and the other runner bumped him which set him back then he turned on the jets. Here's some different views and the Cathedral watch party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT