ADVERTISEMENT

Official Score Prediction Thread: INDIANA vs Penn $tate

Why so early this week? 😋

I have a hard time believing as pedestrian as Penn State was last year they have magically solved all their problems and are now the best team in the Big Ten. I'm sure things have improved for them but I'm still selling right now. I'm also not a high on Coach Franklin as I used to be. I think he is good to very good but not great.

I don't see their offense dominating Indiana's defense. If Indiana can keep PSU's running game in check and get some pressure on the QB perhaps they can force Clifford back into his old ways.

If IU gets 'good Mike' and the o-line comes to compete they can put some points on the board. This game is on national television can our guys please come out sharp and ready to go from the start? If Indiana gets off to a good start, the longer they keep it close the more they'll be in Penn State's head. Let's be honest, Penn State is due for a stumble lol.

I know these guys have it in them, I think they play pretty well but come up just short.

PSU 34 - IU 24, late Nittany Lions TD ices it.

I have a hard time believing as pedestrian as Penn State was last year they have magically solved all their problems and are now the best team in the Big Ten. I'm sure things have improved for them but I'm still selling right now. I'm also not a high on Coach Franklin as I used to be. I think he is good to very good but not great.

I don't see their offense dominating Indiana's defense. If Indiana can keep PSU's running game in check and get some pressure on the QB perhaps they can force Clifford back into his old ways.

If IU gets 'good Mike' and the o-line comes to compete they can put some points on the board. This game is on national television can our guys please come out sharp and ready to go from the start? If Indiana gets off to a good start, the longer they keep it close the more they'll be in Penn State's head. Let's be honest, Penn State is due for a stumble lol.

I know these guys have it in them, I think they play pretty well but come up just short.

I think you're probably right about PSU.

Watching the Auburn game live, Auburn had the edge on both the OL and DL. Looking at the stats, Auburn averaged 4.6 yds/rush, PSU 2.5......and that's what it looked like. Now, PSU's back 7 on D is very good, no doubt. And it's not like their OL & OL are bad......just not championship/playoff level good.

Auburn didn't beat PSU due to their poor QBing, above all else. For PSU, Clifford was very good. And Dotson at WR is a real stud, a difference maker. Even with those factors, PSU doesn't win without the white-out factor.

Cain at TB appears to be pretty average. We should be able to hold him in check. What worries me is Dotson getting free on a long one or two.

But bottom line, we just aren't as good as we had hoped we'd be, on either side of ball. Someone on the forum made a great comment when he said CTA is a HC who needs great coordinators. It sure looks like we've taken a big step back from our '19 OC and a moderate step back from our '20 DC.

Penn St tries to put the game away quickly so they can get their starters as rested up as possible and avoid injuries before the Iowa game next week. Only way IU stays close is if they can get turnovers from Penn St trying to go too fast and turns them into points.
Penn St 35
IU 14

Oh ye of little faith... 😉

We've worked (most of) the kinks out and we make a statement tomorrow evening.

That's my prognostication and I'm sticking with it... 😎🍺🍺🍺🇺🇸

IU 31 PSU 24

PS. Got the Penn State score right … The offense didn’t pass muster.
Was at a watch party in B-town … the drinking game was cinnamon shots after PSU scores.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Confucius say team that struggle to beat Western Kentucky has no shot to beat Penn State team playing with revenge on minds...and a song in heart.

PSU 42, IND 8.

Oh ye of little faith... 😉

We've worked (most of) the kinks out and we make a statement tomorrow evening.

That's my prognostication and I'm sticking with it... 😎🍺🍺🍺🇺🇸
I admire your optimism and sure hope you're right . . . but I've been an IU fan going back to the John Pont days . . . and moved to Georgia in '87, so I missed the best of Bill Mallory years. So color me a little jaded.

Reactions: 76-1
INDIANA 34
P$U 23

Big Ten, Big Time...

Time to Prove to the rest of the world who we Really are...

we established some confidence last week closing out a tough road game at night. I think we start strong and end strong.

IU leads 10-0 early and 17-14 at half before losing the lead in the third. IU scores game winning TD late. IU 34 PSU 31.

Reactions: 76-1
Someone on the forum made a great comment when he said CTA is a HC who needs great coordinators. It sure looks like we've taken a big step back from our '19 OC and a moderate step back from our '20 DC.

And how is CTA different from EVERY other head coach in the country?

It isn't like this is high school football where the HC can oversee every aspect of a team.

PSU by at least 14

Reactions: TomEric4756
And how is CTA different from EVERY other head coach in the country?

It isn't like this is high school football where the HC can oversee every aspect of a team.

PSU by at least 14
I think it was my comment he is referring to so I’ll answer. Yes, every coach would benefit from a good staff. Allen was a good DC, is a good recruiter, and is a good culture/ direction guy. He is not a good game manager. The less close games we are in the less of an issue that is. Maybe more confidence in other area’s of the team would lead to less questionable decisions.

Reactions: bang63
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT