ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

She had what the lowest approval of a vp in modern history? Her one public charge was the border and she botched it. Some of us see through the media glow up. She’s not the best the Dems had on either front
Oh wow.

Who cares if she once (supposedly) had "the lowest approval of a vp in modern history" or if she (supposedly) was "not the best the Dems had on either front?"

Is she ahead of Trump right now or not?

99.5% of Trumps “lies” are what used to be known as bluster or being colorful.

As in, I’m going to say this thing that’s not true, and we both no it’s not true, but it’s funny and/ or emphasizes a point.

Democrats (most of them) understand this of course but they still feign incredulity for political purposes. It’s why they’re zero fun and no one likes being around them.
Trump’s obvious lies aren’t so obvious to his hard core supporters who repeat them verbatim. Happens here constantly.

Oh wow.

Who cares if she once (supposedly) had "the lowest approval of a vp in modern history" or if she (supposedly) was "not the best the Dems had on either front?"

Is she ahead of Trump right now or not?
Who cares if she’s ahead. The point was the approval was predicated on her failures with the border and awful communication etc. Now she’s getting an unjustified media glow up as she tries to distance herself from her own shitty policies

Oh wow.

Reactions: ulrey and 76-1
Uh no
Defunding the police and attacking cops not smart
Open borders led to massive crossing spike
Equity of outcomes free cheese price increases etc actually harms the poor
Worst vp approval rating.

More like nfl urban Meyer of American gov.

She was next in like so got it. Don’t believe the glow up
However, what counts is this: is she ahead of Trump or not?

Depends on how you view it. Some lies matter more than others. Abortion is one of the bigger issues in the country. She lied about that. She lies about the most fundamental things. And it’s just her. We can trace it back to her cops are murderers tweet. Terrible rush to judgment done to foment unrest. Frightening from a prosecutor.

You’re not one with an objective outlook. More naive. Both sides lie. Trump is a shitty person and a liar. I don’t think much of Harris either. I like her policies less

Pro tip. Ad hominem attacks, trying to talk down to people and insulting peoples' intelligence makes you look like an idiot and a douchebag. I mean, the general ideas you post do that too, but trying to spike the football with a parting gift of insults just removes any doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and DANC
Pro tip. Ad hominem attacks, trying to talk down to people and insulting peoples' intelligence makes you look like an idiot and a douchebag. I mean, the general ideas you post do that too, but trying to spike the football with a parting gift of insults just removes any doubt.
You object too Murt calling Trump a shitty person and a liar?

Well, good for you!

Fair enough. That tweet is three days old, FWIW.

Forgive me, but I don't put any credence in anything that's posted on X without further citation. They may be correct, but I'm not taking it at face value.

And while I'm sure people will claim Google is suppressing the news, there is nothing coming up on this search:

Comes up on right wing sites like PJ Media.

Not an insult an observation based on a wealth of evidence from your posts

Let's keep the commentary on the convention and speeches this week here. Let's also try and keep it civil and out of the gutter. I'll be watching MSNBC so will know the lefty perspective and will keep you all informed.

Here's a decent article on what we will be seeing tonight with Joe's swan song.

Anyone see the side by side comparison of the Republican and Democratic conventions when the state roll calls for delegates was done. Absolutely hilarious. 80 year old woman at the Republican convention announcing each state. Old, tired and boring. Delegates barely cheered. Democrats had different music for each state and crowd was going wild. What a contrast. Dems all smiling on stage. Reps snarling and whining. Fear versus hope and joy. Pretty sure the American people like happy not hate.
Hey but Agent Orange needs to just keep pounding away at her laugh. I can understand why though. It’s so unnatural for anyone to laugh in his circle.

However, what counts is this: is she ahead of Trump or not?
Harris has had a month unlike any presidential candidate in modern American history.

Early voting in some states begins next
month and almost everywhere within the next 7-8 weeks. She’s got all the momentum. I don’t know how the old man regains it. Every time I see him he looks like he’s ready for a nap.

Anyone see the side by side comparison of the Republican and Democratic conventions when the state roll calls for delegates was done. Absolutely hilarious. 80 year old woman at the Republican convention announcing each state. Old, tired and boring. Delegates barely cheered. Democrats had different music for each state and crowd was going wild. What a contrast. Dems all smiling on stage. Reps snarling and whining. Fear versus hope and joy. Pretty sure the American people like happy not hate.
Hey but Agent Orange needs to just keep pounding away at her laugh. I can understand why though. It’s so unnatural for anyone to laugh in his circle.
Can you feel it?!? 😃

This so damn bad….do you think the insurance companies are eating the co-pay difference?
Do you think the drug companies are contributing to the campaigns of U.S. Senators out of the goodness of their heartless corporate hearts?

As vice president? She had a heartbeat all through the Biden administration and broke a couple ties in the Senate.

So what has Trump accomplished during his four years of being a loser?
Lower gas prices, lower prices across the board, lower border crossings, less global conflict during his term.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
I’m sorry your news feed filters out information. Harris lies more than she breathes, on matters of public policy that impact voters
Oh FFS, McM, you have enough reasons to vote for Trump over Harris, you don't need to make shit up like "Because Harris lies." She's a politician, she lies all the time. We get it. Trump basically invented lying. If you vote for Trump over Harris, I'm sure you have your reasons, but it won't be because you're trying to pick the most honest candidate.

Oh FFS, McM, you have enough reasons to vote for Trump over Harris, you don't need to make shit up like "Because Harris lies." She's a politician, she lies all the time. We get it. Trump basically invented lying. If you vote for Trump over Harris, I'm sure you have your reasons, but it won't be because you're trying to pick the most honest candidate.
Oh for sure. If I implied bc she lies that wasn’t my intention. I expect all of them to lie. That is of no moment to me. It’s baked in. Policies are all I care about

I think a certain level of skepticism is baked into listening to politicians. That said, Trump is on a level the likes of which we've never seen. And people who have worked with him have called him out like no other person has been called out as a liar, with the exception of George Santos.

Trying to compare Trump's compulsive lying and scamming with any modern politician is like trying to compare a B-12 stealth bomber to a head of cauliflower.
None but the best people endorse Trump. They understand him:

He isn't here to make friends.

Trump hasn't has a true friend in decades. Even his close relatives are ambivalent in their support for him.

In fact, I just heard DJT Jr. in a commercial promoting investments in gold. His sales pitch? The world is going to hell and Americans need longterm investments in gold to weather the upcoming storm.

Now, ask yourselves, why would Donnie Junior make that sales pitch if he honestly believes that Trump is going to win the election and implement brilliant policies that save the world from the upcoming storm ? Obviously, Donnie Jr. knows Trump won't save the day.

Reactions: swman
See Milton’s post. The point is both sides lie. Incessantly. To pretend otherwise is naive.
Actually, your Post No. 254 (not Milton's) says, "Harris lies more than she breathes, on matters of public policy that impact voters."

That's not the same as saying both sides lie.

Wait - WTF are you trying to say here?

Seriously, are you trying to compare a list of Democrats who thought Biden should step down - something he did end up doing and something I agreed with - to a lengthy list of people who worked closely with Trump calling him a moron?

In essence, I suppose you're kind of right. Both groups are essentially saying that the candidate at the top of their respective presidential ticket should have stepped down. The difference is that Democrats were saying respectfully that it's time for Biden to step down instead of calling him an idiotic moron who was often the dumbest person in the room.

Again, both groups are/were spot on in their statements about Biden and Trump respectively, so maybe your comparison has more merit than I thought. It was time for Biden to step down and Trump is an unqualified idiotic moron who is objectively bad for the future of the country. Thanks for helping me clarify my thinking on this topic.
The difference is that Biden stepped down, but Trump doubled down.

May want to look up what the Cabinet does and how they work. Might help your understanding of the post.

Hope this helps.
Learning more about how the cabinet works would do nothing to explain what your incomprehensible post meant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT