ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

confused-meme.gif
giphy.webp

giphy.webp
wtf-gif.gif
Uh, yeah. An extremely unpopular incumbent. A generational cost of living crisis. Public fights over social issues that the Dems lose on with virtually all independent voters. About the only thing the Dems had going for them in this cycle was abortion.

On my likability meter (LM) the best speech was by Ashley Blazer Biden.

LM is about believeability, sincerity, and delivery. Conversational and unlike an obviously prepared speech as delivered by typical politicians.

Joe didn't stumble as much as he has been recently, but was just trying too hard which wore me out at about the two minute mark.
Sen Warnock was the best! His closing said it all

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Uh, yeah. An extremely unpopular incumbent. A generational cost of living crisis. Public fights over social issues that the Dems lose on with virtually all independent voters. About the only thing the Dems had going for them in this cycle was abortion.

Bias by it's very nature implies unfair distortion of the facts, either for or against. There is nothing distorted or unfair about them being saddled with crises of their own making.

No chance in hell I would even turn this on, but I think I saw on X or Tik Tok a woman said she was part of the "wolf" tribe and she gave some tribal name to which she assigned meaning?
That was the Lt. Governor of Minnesota who's Native American and a citizen of the White Earth Nation tribe (Chippewa). She was explaining what her Ojibwe name meant.

Reactions: UncleMark
Bias by it's very nature implies unfair distortion of the facts, either for or against. There is nothing distorted or unfair about them being saddled with crises of their own making.
I'm not saying it is or isn't unfair or accurate. I'm just pointing out that the Dems were working with a fundamental disadvantage this election cycle.

Reactions: All4You
Are you speaking?
Who was the last former POTUS that spoke at a GOP convention (other than Trump this year)? Did Papa Bush speak during Dubya's conventions? I know Dubya hasn't appeared at a GOP convention even when he was leaving office.

I don't think Dems are ever at a disadvantage against the GOP. We've won the popular vote once in the past 30 years. We're basically Indiana basketball.
I think that's just where the parties naturally gravitate, because of the EC. The Dems have to attract a few more people to keep the EC even, so that just makes it harder for the GOP to actually win the popular vote. These people aren't stupid. When they are deciding how far to the center they need to tack, or how much red meat they need to throw to the base, they aren't thinking "Will this win us the popular vote?" They are thinking, "Will this win us Pennsylvania or Nevada?"

Something about Roy Cooper and Andy Beshear doesn’t sit right with me.

They look and sound like post civil war plantation owners who are trying to convince you they’re one of the good guys.

Reactions: DANC
I have always been staunchly opposed to student loan forgiveness and have said so on here many times.

And you are saying that I should be somehow ashamed for being frugal and sending kids to get undergraduate degrees at Columbia, Cornell, UCF, and the Political Science Institute of Paris, all finishing debt-free, and then encouraging each of them to get master's degrees, and two on them now in PhD programs? Then shifting full bore to retirement saving and putting together 7-figure retirement accounts?

Oh the shame of it all! Not driving a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo. You see, I'm fine with the fun little Mini Cooper convertible and a fun-to-drive /efficient Mazda PHEV SUV that can carry kayaks and bikes, while going 1,500 miles between gas fill-ups. I'm fine with coming home to my paid-for $950,000 home on 1.2 acres, with ~180 palm trees, a 28,000 gallon pool with 5 fountains, and a beautiful wife of 33 years that (unlike yours) I didn't convert to lesbianism by being a shit husband and an even worse human being.
Now this is what I call a subtle brag.

No chance in hell I would even turn this on, but I think I saw on X or Tik Tok a woman said she was part of the "wolf" tribe and she gave some tribal name to which she assigned meaning?
I watched it last night. My wife gave me hell when I told her Joe showered with Ashley - I shouldn't 'judge' people..... WTF? lol

Sen Warnock was the best! His closing said it all
Yes, it's amazing how religious the Democrat Party is now! Warnock gave them that old time religion and they loved it!

I love it when Democrats get religion, because only they can judge who is a Christian or not.

Yes, it's amazing how religious the Democrat Party is now! Warnock gave them that old time religion and they loved it!

I love it when Democrats get religion, because only they can judge who is a Christian or not.
Party of freaks..

Reactions: DANC
Nah. Harris and AOC were cool, and Pelosi is smart enough to stay in the shadows. I'm talking about this fake roll call. "I now officially REaffirm the nomination of Kamala Harris..." What a joke.
Is that still going on? I turned it off a couple hours ago when that shit started.

Reactions: TMFT
Again, this is the same argument we heard four years ago how "Joe Biden has tried to become president many times before and failed miserably", totally disregarding the fact that Joe had been the vice-president for 8 years.

While you can certainly believe that Harris has doing nothing but painting her toe-nails the last four years, she has still been working in the white house and negotiating / talking with the highest level of government officials in both the Senate and the House. That is experience that none of the other candidates can claim. You are basically trying to throw out everything she has experienced in the last four years and compare her equally to a governor who has never presided over the Senate or a House rep who has likely never stepped one foot inside the oval office.
What has she accomplished?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT