ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

I have always been staunchly opposed to student loan forgiveness and have said so on here many times.

And you are saying that I should be somehow ashamed for being frugal and sending kids to get undergraduate degrees at Columbia, Cornell, UCF, and the Political Science Institute of Paris, all finishing debt-free, and then encouraging each of them to get master's degrees, and two on them now in PhD programs? Then shifting full bore to retirement saving and putting together 7-figure retirement accounts?

Oh the shame of it all! Not driving a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo. You see, I'm fine with the fun little Mini Cooper convertible and a fun-to-drive /efficient Mazda PHEV SUV that can carry kayaks and bikes, while going 1,500 miles between gas fill-ups. I'm fine with coming home to my paid-for $950,000 home on 1.2 acres, with ~180 palm trees, a 28,000 gallon pool with 5 fountains, and a beautiful wife of 33 years that (unlike yours) I didn't convert to lesbianism by being a shit husband and an even worse human being.
You could have sent all of them to school on loans. Used that money for investments. Not had a decade of loss of use and walked away with a boatload instead of driving a beater around town with piss pits. Thanks Joe!!!!

I have always been staunchly opposed to student loan forgiveness and have said so on here many times.

And you are saying that I should be somehow ashamed for being frugal and sending kids to get undergraduate degrees at Columbia, Cornell, UCF, and the Political Science Institute of Paris, all finishing debt-free, and then encouraging each of them to get master's degrees, and two on them now in PhD programs? Then shifting full bore to retirement saving and putting together 7-figure retirement accounts?

Oh the shame of it all! Not driving a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo. You see, I'm fine with the fun little Mini Cooper convertible and a fun-to-drive /efficient Mazda PHEV SUV that can carry kayaks and bikes, while going 1,500 miles between gas fill-ups. I'm fine with coming home to my paid-for $950,000 home on 1.2 acres, with ~180 palm trees, a 28,000 gallon pool with 5 fountains, and a beautiful wife of 33 years that (unlike yours) I didn't convert to lesbianism by being a shit husband and an even worse human being.
And remember. Up there in Jupiter you have to be careful. Those pigs become feral. Get your hog fed regularly. And stop lying. School teachers with puss pits riding on the sidewalk are in zero demand

If the Dems lose and I’m a Dem I’m pissed. On her own Harris was awful. Without a single primary vote cast on her behalf she leapfrogged far better candidates. Candidates that’d wipe the flr with trump
Again, this is the same argument we heard four years ago how "Joe Biden has tried to become president many times before and failed miserably", totally disregarding the fact that Joe had been the vice-president for 8 years.

While you can certainly believe that Harris has doing nothing but painting her toe-nails the last four years, she has still been working in the white house and negotiating / talking with the highest level of government officials in both the Senate and the House. That is experience that none of the other candidates can claim. You are basically trying to throw out everything she has experienced in the last four years and compare her equally to a governor who has never presided over the Senate or a House rep who has likely never stepped one foot inside the oval office.

Again, this is the same argument we heard four years ago how "Joe Biden has tried to become president many times before and failed miserably", totally disregarding the fact that Joe had been the vice-president for 8 years.

While you can certainly believe that Harris has doing nothing but painting her toe-nails the last four years, she has still been working in the white house and negotiating / talking with the highest level of government officials in both the Senate and the House. That is experience that none of the other candidates can claim. You are basically trying to throw out everything she has experienced in the last four years and compare her equally to a governor who has never presided over the Senate or a House rep who has likely never stepped one foot inside the oval office.
Border czar?
Price “gauging”

Two massive issues. And none of that addresses voting for her as the candidate

I’ll vote trump. I would have voted Shapiro

Reactions: 76-1
I have no idea how September and October play out, but she and Walz are hitting all the right notes.

Trump is talking about tic tacs and how he thinks he's better looking than Harris.

If things stay on the same trajectory - and I don't see any reason why they won't - I think Harris is our next president.

The debates will be key, I think. From everything I've seen so far, I like Harris and Walz's chances against Trump and couch f*$ker.
According to the polls Joe Biden won both debates with Trump in 2020. JOE BIDEN! ;) I wouldn't bet much on Trump this time around.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
My kids will make enough money that they would never have qualified for student loan forgiveness anyway. They didn't get degrees in art history or learn to "work on the big rigs" like you did with your Ivy Tech degree.
People on big rigs make more than you as a teacher

Reactions: ulrey
I have turned down offers to relocate my research group to 4 different Big 10 schools, 2 Pac-10 research powerhouses, and to 2 different Ivy league schools, and well as to many other places. Now, past 60, I am even more reluctant to move. I already live in paradise.
live in paradise like a pauper who gets put on the sidewalk driving a car with 400,000 miles in his 50s lmao. clown boy

Border czar?
Price “gauging”

Two massive issues. And none of that addresses voting for her as the candidate

I’ll vote trump. I would have voted Shapiro
You are absolutely allowed to disagree with her policy decisions.
Should the dems run the candidate that they think has the best chance at winning or the candidate with the most experience and can do the job the best? There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of that argument.

You are absolutely allowed to disagree with her policy decisions.
Should the dems run the candidate that they think has the best chance at winning or the candidate with the most experience and can do the job the best? There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of that argument.
She had what the lowest approval of a vp in modern history? Her one public charge was the border and she botched it. Some of us see through the media glow up. She’s not the best the Dems had on either front

She had what the lowest approval of a vp in modern history? Her one public charge was the border and she botched it. Some of us see through the media glow up. She’s not the best the Dems had on either front
With Biden out of the picture, who has more experience? Pelosi? Schumer? Hillary? Hard pass on any of those.

Great DNC so far. Definitely better than the fear boners and bigot spigots at the RNC.

Harris/Walz 2024!

With Biden out of the picture, who has more experience? Pelosi? Schumer? Hillary? Hard pass on any of those.
Shapiro other Dem govs. Experience doesn’t equate to good experience. A football coach who goes 0-16 has experience. Doesn’t mean it’s good

Being prosecuted and tried for legitimate crimes he committed isn't 'weaponizing the DOJ' against Trump. Trump has committed crimes and what is happening to him is how the legal system works. You can't rob a bank and claim the police arrested you because their boss doesn't like your politics.

Explain to me why the MAGA-led GOP was so dead-set against a $35/mo cap on the price of insulin for seniors, so much so that Harris had to break a 50-50 tie to get it done. Seniors should apparent pay over $300/mo, I guess
This so damn bad….do you think the insurance companies are eating the co-pay difference?

Reactions: ulrey
Shapiro other Dem govs. Experience doesn’t equate to good experience. A football coach who goes 0-16 has experience. Doesn’t mean it’s good
That goes back to the question about whether you agree with her policy decisions or not though. This is not football where there is a definitive measure of wins / losses. To many progressives, Harris can be viewed as being a national championship coach.
Hmmm. I'm thinking the proper analogy would be comparing hiring a head coach who has a losing record at his previous school to hiring a wide receivers coach of a school that won 10 games last year. Both are a gamble.
Kamala Harris, the Lane Kiffen of American Government.

That goes back to the question about whether you agree with her policy decisions or not though. This is not football where there is a definitive measure of wins / losses. To many progressives, Harris can be viewed as being a national championship coach.
Hmmm. I'm thinking the proper analogy would be comparing hiring a head coach who has a losing record at his previous school to hiring a wide receivers coach of a school that won 10 games last year. Both are a gamble.
Kamala Harris, the Lane Kiffen of American Government.
Uh no
Defunding the police and attacking cops not smart
Open borders led to massive crossing spike
Equity of outcomes free cheese price increases etc actually harms the poor
Worst vp approval rating.

More like nfl urban Meyer of American gov.

She was next in like so got it. Don’t believe the glow up

What has she accomplished?

You and Dr. Hoops should hang out....

Nothing says man like casually shoehorning how big your dick is into a conversation that doesn't require it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let's keep the commentary on the convention and speeches this week here. Let's also try and keep it civil and out of the gutter. I'll be watching MSNBC so will know the lefty perspective and will keep you all informed.

Here's a decent article on what we will be seeing tonight with Joe's swan song.

On my likability meter (LM) the best speech was by Ashley Blazer Biden.

LM is about believeability, sincerity, and delivery. Conversational and unlike an obviously prepared speech as delivered by typical politicians.

Joe didn't stumble as much as he has been recently, but was just trying too hard which wore me out at about the two minute mark.

LM is about believeability, sincerity, and delivery. Conversational and unlike an obviously prepared speech as delivered by typical politicians.

Joe didn't stumble as much as he has been recently, but was just trying too hard which wore me out at about the two minute mark.
I'm going to go off the reservation a bit and say I didn't like Joe's performance. Was it quite as bad as the debate? No. But the narrative that this was a whole different Joe sounds like bet-hedging to me. I think he still appeared confused and garbled too many lines. He might have been a lot louder than in the debate, but that's about it. I think he showed us last night how dropping him for Harris was the right move.

That couldn't have been Ashley Biden. Per a few posters here she was so severely traumatized by her father that she can barely function these days. Can they do AI Holographs?

That couldn't have been Ashley Biden. Per a few posters here she was so severely traumatized by her father that she can barely function these days. Can they do AI Holographs?
Wasn't it stunning how she could conceal all of that hatred, the bitterness that dbm's twitter twits insist is there. Amazing! :)

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

I'm interested in knowing: if Jan 6 never happened, would you support Trump over Harris? Or does your disdain run deeper?

And I get it. I am not voting for either and will write in somebody. But I am wondering what did it for you regarding Trump?

For me, it was J6. I don't believe the whole committee's report as they didn't address many questions regarding security preparation. But Trump needed to be a leader, a stop any real or perceived attack on the Capital. He can blabber stop the steal all day long if he wants. But that day, he needed to say: stop this crap. We don't do this in the US and we sure as hell don't act like rioters the dems supported. We respect law enforcement and the job they do. It's not their fault the dem leadership didn't respond to calls for more support. So be peaceful.

But he didn't and showed he is a weak leader, IMHO.

I'm interested in knowing: if Jan 6 never happened, would you support Trump over Harris? Or does your disdain run deeper?

And I get it. I am not voting for either and will write in somebody. But I am wondering what did it for you regarding Trump?

For me, it was J6. I don't believe the whole committee's report as they didn't address many questions regarding security preparation. But Trump needed to be a leader, a stop any real or perceived attack on the Capital. He can blabber stop the steal all day long if he wants. But that day, he needed to say: stop this crap. We don't do this in the US and we sure as hell don't act like rioters the dems supported. We respect law enforcement and the job they do. It's not their fault the dem leadership didn't respond to calls for more support. So be peaceful.

I think the number voting is going to be down

No. I didn’t support him in 2016 either. I didn’t vote for him or HRC. I agree with you about J6 though.

Reactions: UncleMark

All of that thanks to Big Pharma.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
No chance in hell I would even turn this on, but I think I saw on X or Tik Tok a woman said she was part of the "wolf" tribe and she gave some tribal name to which she assigned meaning?

Convention and rally type speeches to be effective requires the audience to participate. Speaker becomes a cheerleader.

The We Love Joe signs and audience response was too contrived and not spontaneous enough for my tastes.

Ashley's speech was more conversational as if she was in
my livingroom. Since I was watching it on television while in bed, it had more appeal to me. Any bad childhood experiences certainly weren't apparent. Came off as a self confident sociologist who can effectively deliver a public speech. Signs of a good childhood in my book.

On the other hand, this election was so fundamentally biased against the Dems...

confused-meme.gif
giphy.webp

giphy.webp
wtf-gif.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT