ADVERTISEMENT

Official debate thread

Of course, in all our hand-wringing, we should probably remember that this debate likely matters very little. Only so many people were watching it, and out of those people, only so many of them will actually have a changeable mind.

So, tonight Trump confirmed for me what I already felt about him: he's simply not qualified to be the leader of the free world. Another Trump administration would be a disaster for this nation, and our only hope will be that a Democratic congress helps ensure that government does virtually nothing, which seems to be what they are best at, anyway.

Meanwhile, Biden comes across as a guy who isn't qualified to have his own house key or keep a credit card in his own name, so...

Ugh.

To me, the biggest problem with Trump is the fact that he refuses to trust competent people and advisors (e.g., Gary Cohn, Steve Mnuchin, etc.). The amount of turnover was staggering, the amount of people thrown under the bus was ridiculous and he refuses to listen to smarter people than himself.

You want some tinfoil hat? I will give you some tinfoil hat.

This was a really early debate. If you were going to make a switch, you need that to happen really soon. I honestly don't even know how the rules on that work as I thought you had to have paperwork filed by some point that has already passed with the states. If you are going to make a change you have to start moving on that now IMO as you may face some legal hurdles to get your new candidate on state ballots. If you are going to dump Joe, you couldn't wait until late September and October when we usually do these debates, you had to get him in front of a camera so people could see just how bad off he really is....

Tinfoil hat off.

To me, the biggest problem with Trump is the fact that he refuses to trust competent people and advisors (e.g., Gary Cohn, Steve Mnuchin, etc.). The amount of turnover was staggering, the amount of people thrown under the bus was ridiculous and he refuses to listen to smarter people than himself.
Yeah, someone made a post the other day about how 61 or his 65 cabinet members weren't supporting him in 2024, and my first thought was, "WTF? 65 cabinet members in 4 years?"

He doesn't acknowledge anyone is smarter than him.

He claimed all the people he fired were incompetent.

He was the one who hired them.

You want some tinfoil hat? I will give you some tinfoil hat.

This was a really early debate. If you were going to make a switch, you need that to happen really soon. I honestly don't even know how the rules on that work as I thought you had to have paperwork filed by some point that has already passed with the states. If you are going to make a change you have to start moving on that now IMO as you may face some legal hurdles to get your new candidate on state ballots. If you are going to dump Joe, you couldn't wait until late September and October when we usually do these debates, you had to get him in front of a camera so people could see just how bad off he really is....

Tinfoil hat off.

I don't think that's really tinfoil hat territory

@UncleMark Your girl Psaki: Don't sugarcoat this, it wasn't the performance Biden wanted. The Biden at the SOTU didn't show up tonight. There were hints of him at the post-debate event, but not during the debate itself. Etc.
Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Too bad the third party candidate pool is historically crazy this year.

(And that's saying something.)
Oh yeah, RFK is a kook too.

Frankly, this is an incredibly dangerous time for us I think. None of what is going on here should be giving anyone in the world any confidence that a steady, reliable hand is likely to be in charge of the U.S. Our reputation took a hit tonight.

Democrats can't pick anyone. Only way out now for them is to convince Biden to drop out.... And chances of that are about the same as him being a 6 hdcp.
They won’t throw him out. They need to replace Harris with a competent person who will take over when he shuts down and hope voters see it

LOL. MSNBC just put Biden and his team on blast for their poor blocking. "You win the coin toss, put him on the left so it looks like he's looking at Trump" "Better yet, just tell him to look the other way, they know where the cameras are."

I remember watching the Kennedy/Nixon debate. It was said afterwards Nixon lost, in part, due to his poorer physical appearance. He didn’t wear makeup like JFK did, had a dark “5 o’clock” shadow of a beard, and sweated profusely under the lights.

Likewise, Biden was hurt by his pasty pallor more fitting for a casket look. Trump was so much more alert, more assertive, and more in command. I think the Democrats could sense they were in trouble even before this debate. Now, more than ever. I won’t be surprised if they come up with a different candidate soon. He was that bad…historically bad.

CNN’s Van Jones Says Joe Biden ‘Failed’ at Debate: ‘That Was Painful’ (VIDEO)

They want to replace him but it's too late and he wont step down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT