ADVERTISEMENT

Official debate thread

Truth is, Nixon wasn't a terrible president. He was just an unethical one.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

I remember watching the Kennedy/Nixon debate. It was said afterwards Nixon lost, in part, due to his poorer physical appearance. He didn’t wear makeup like JFK did, had a dark “5 o’clock” shadow of a beard, and sweated profusely under the lights.

Likewise, Biden was hurt by his pasty pallor more fitting for a casket look. Trump was so much more alert, more assertive, and more in command. I think the Democrats could sense they were in trouble even before this debate. Now, more than ever. I won’t be surprised if they come up with a different candidate soon. He was that bad…historically bad.
They say that people who just listened said Nixon won, while those who watched it on TV said Kennedy won.

Reactions: abraxis
Newsom just messed up and accidentally hinted at the truth on MSNBC. After defending Biden as the winner, when he was asked about some Dems panicking, he said, "You don't turn your back on the President because of one bad performance."
They say that people who just listened said Nixon won, while those who watched it on TV said Kennedy won.
It’s remarkable how things can be manipulated. Now it wouldnt have been a panacea but not having a split screen would have done Biden a huge favor.

It’s remarkable how things can be manipulated. Now it wouldnt have been a panacea but not having a split screen would have done Biden a huge favor.
I think it would have made a huge difference if Biden was facing the other direction. He looked like he was staring off into the ether, lost to the world. He simply turns around and has the exact same facial expressions, and suddenly he looks like he's exasperated by Trump's nonsense.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nah, the drugs kicked in. I currently work in the Pharma industry, and whoever blamed us earlier in this thread had it right.
Sad that Biden has to rely on drugs to function. To be honest I’m not sure we should even be making drugs like that. It’s not a good thing for society. They should be banned. What would some of those drugs be called?

This is the far left wing nyt. It's to late to replace him and he isn't dropping out.

A Fumbling Performance, and a Panicking Party​

President Biden’s shaky, halting debate performance has top Democrats talking about replacing him on the ticket.

Listen to this article · 4:43 min Learn more

Biden can’t continue, and probably needs to hear that from Obama. Needed to happen six months ago.
It's to late to replace him. He won't drop out for one. He would have to be replaced in like a month the way ballots work. You should have done it six months ago but dems hid biden until they could not hide him anymore. Very low chance he gets replaced he won't step aside he is to arrogant

You don't just replace someone this late there is funding and super pacs and egos to deal with. It's too late now people start voting in three months. Biden funders would be furious and he has broad dem support with delegates. You are stuck.

It's to late to replace him. He won't drop out for one. He would have to be replaced in like a month the way ballots work. You should have done it six months ago but dems hid biden until they could not hide him anymore. Very low chance he gets replaced he won't step aside he is to arrogant

You don't just replace someone this late there is funding and super pacs and egos to deal with. It's too late now people start voting in three months. Biden funders would be furious and he has broad dem support with delegates. You are stuck.
No it’s not “to” late, although I understand why you’re in a panic over the prospect of Biden being replaced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT