ADVERTISEMENT

NOVEMBER PREDICTIONS - Put em Right Here

VP Harris wins in a landslide - EC 270 - 268, Popular vote 48.4% to 47.5%

Iron Mike - I know a guy who fought him very early in his pro career, lasted 2 rounds.

10-2 but no CFP, FANTASTIC YEAR

Bonus: Allred defeats Cruz offsetting the WV & Montana R pick-ups > Democratic Party cashes in on trifecta >Liz Cheney gets ring side seat in Cabinet
That's not a landslide - that's a squeaker.

Go Hoosiers!

That's not a landslide - that's a squeaker.

Go Hoosiers!
I was using your definition. There was an apparently too well hidden message in my post. The most important issue wrt policy here at home is who will control the Senate, especially if VP Harris is elected President. You have been prolific in your posting about the presidential race, haven’t seen much of your take on the Ohio Senate seat.

Last edited:
I was using your definition. There was an apparently too well hidden message in my post. The most issue wrt policy here at home is who will control the Senate, especially if VP Harris is elected President. You have been prolific in your posting about the presidential race, haven’t seen much of your take on the Ohio Senate seat.
Brown vs Moreno is close. Brown seems to be outspending Moreno in TV ads. It can go either way, but don't be surprised if it goes to Brown. Trump doesn't seem to be pulling Moreno over the finish line.

Brown vs Moreno is close. Brown seems to be outspending Moreno in TV ads. It can go either way, but don't be surprised if it goes to Brown. Trump doesn't seem to be pulling Moreno over the finish line.
That Brown will likely survive while Trump carries Ohio is reflected in most current polls. Let me be clear. The Democrat party powers see this election as their best chance in years, looking ahead or behind, to have the trifecta and be able to aggressively make major policy changes. Meanwhile “good Republicans” (I use Liz Chaney as the face of that group) allow their hatred of Trump to blind them to the harm the Democratic trifecta would bring. I very much understand Trump is terrible, IMO worst occupant of the White House since LBJ. BUT even in the unlikely of a Republican trifecta he could not get any thing significant through Congress. To be clear the R’s wouldn’t blow up the filibuster, and the D’s are looking at which issue to use to do just that. So how is Trump running so far ahead of Moreno in Ohio where one would expect the MAGAs and good R’s to both land on Moreno?

BUT even in the unlikely of a Republican trifecta he could not get any thing significant through Congress. To be clear the R’s wouldn’t blow up the filibuster

That will depend on how obstructionist the Senate Ds are. They (the Pubs) would do it if they thought they had no other choice, like the Dems did when the Rs refused to allow Obama to appoint any judges, and when the Ds weren't going to allow Trump to appoint Gorsuch.

Good question, I would expect R’s to fight Harris appointment regardless of trifecta, but IMO not a slam dunk that R’s would under R trifecta. We have digressed to the point in our divided country where political leaders sometimes value the issue more that a quick result. I didn’t make it clear but I was talking about legislation, e.g perhaps an unfettered right to an abortion or quick path to citizenship for our southern guests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT