ADVERTISEMENT

No Path forward for Allen

WHOA!!!!..... please tell me where you get info to back up your claim?...... I'm more than just a little familiar with the who's, what's, how's and why's of negotiations of TV contracts with governing bodies and don't see how you can possibly make that claim... Please fill me in. Thanks.
He is making that up. It’s just something made up to feel good. Michigan State has been the Big Ten team involved in the highest viewership the conference has had, last year and in 1979.

from your posted article,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A big chunk of the money covered the cost of athletic scholarships. But scholarship costs both grew at a slower rate and paled in comparison to the cost of pay and benefits for coaches, administrators and staff, cleveland.com found.

The scholarship costs increased 2.5% in reaching $218.4 million last year at the 13 reporting schools. Yet pay and benefits for coaches at the same schools increased 6.5% to $321.6 million, and the cost for administrators and staff increased 5.6% to $330.5 million, the NCAA reports showed".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: vesuvius13
WHOA!!!!..... please tell me where you get info to back up your claim?...... I'm more than just a little familiar with the who's, what's, how's and why's of negotiations of TV contracts with governing bodies and don't see how you can possibly make that claim... Please fill me in. Thanks.

tv contract negotiations are a far more complex thing than they once were.

it isn't just about ratings anymore, other than to advertisers.

but advertising is now only incremental revenue to many networks, with the big money being in monthly subscription fees.

and the monthly sub fees aren't always so much driven by the number of viewers of a said network, but rather by would said pay tv/streaming subscriber jump to another provider if the network carrying the game were no longer carried in the provider's overall bundle.

and in negotiations, the network can leverage not only what said network makes for the pay tv/streaming provider, (ie Comcast, Directv, You Tube, Hulu, etc) from just the resale of said network and ad revenue, but more importantly, from the revenue of the whole $50-$250 mo bundle.

for example, say ESPN or your local CBS affiliate wants more per month from the pay tv/streaming service to carry said network.

the pay tv/streaming service has to not only factor in how much markup they make from said network itself and ad revenue, but more importantly, would said viewer jump ship to another provider, if their current provider no longer carried said network with said programming.

for example, say your local CBS or BTN or ESPN is in a contract dispute with Comcast.

Comcast has to factor in not only what losing any markup of said network would make, (which is minor), but far more importantly, how much would they lose if said customer drops Comcast for Directv, if said viewer jumps ship on Comcast because Comcast no longer carries said network, even for a short time.

so any channel that has "must have" programming like some sports, can leverage the entire $200 mo that Comcast makes off said viewer for the entire cable, or cable + internet, or cable + internet + phone + security, bundle, to extort paying the asking fee of said network, even if said viewer only watches said network for one show a week 3 months a yr.

this is why the B10, SEC, NFL, NBA, etc, have their games spread out on many networks each.

each network is leveraging the entire $200 mo Comcast or Directv/AT&T internet bundle, to extort paying the asking price of the single network.

BTN was built on this monopolistic leverage.

it's a contractual situation that's illegal in every other industry for obvious anti competitive monopolistic/anti trust reasons.

it got grandfathered in to the pay tv industry through the frog in the pot analogy, starting back when networks other than premium networks didn't charge for carriage, then charged almost nothing per month, when carriers couldn't separate out every channel, and when the industry was price regulated.

and now the Comcast and AT&T/Directvs, and the network conglomerates like Disney/ESPN/ABC, Fox, CBS/Viacom, Comcast/NBC, etc also now lobby our lawmakers big time to keep the monopolistic anti competitive practice going.

point being, how much a network gets per month from pay tv/streaming subs, or how much a league gets for carriage of games, isn't based in how many are watching, as is advertising, but rather how many subs will jump ship to another provider with their entire $200 mo, if that network and those few games aren't carried.

the providers have fought back against this monopolistic/anti competitive extortion with forced 2 yr contracts to deter jumping ship in a contract standoff between the provider and the network, for what should be a basic utility, so Joe Consumer is now getting it in the rear from both sides.

the solution to Joe Consumers' misery is easy.

forced ala carte brings an immediate end to the monopolistic practice and makes it all go away the next day.

Comcast/NBC/Universal, AT&T/Directv/Time Warner/CNN, Disney/ABC/ESPN, Fox, all fight ending the monopolistic practice to the death, both with lobbying money, buying off regulators, and with their ability to extort lawmakers using their political/news coverage.

Comcast/NBC/Universal, AT&T/CNN/Directv/Time Warner(Warner Media), and News Corp/Fox, are now even literally the media arms of the Democrat and Republican national parties.

Last edited:
Since we have to go there because you need things spelled out for you, the definition of apathy is "a lack of interest, enthusiasm or concern". If you take the "general sense of apathy" line and contextualize it properly, you can see that I'm only talking about Allen's job security and the poor on-field results since 2021 and I'm talking about them in the context of addressing your post where you reference fans selling off their tickets and writing off games as L's. These fans have a clear lack of enthusiasm or interest(definition of apathy) in this team's last two games, hence they partake in the aforementioned activities above. The use of the word "general" , stems from the fact that there are many IUFB fans that feel this way. You misinterpreted the entire statement because you're a dolt, just accept it.

Also, bragging about your degree as if that proves anything about your logical reasoning skills in this argument is pathetic, especially considering how obvious it is that you're wrong. You don't understand the word apathy and then get mad when someone calls you out on it, that's just stupidity.
This is what I wrote:

"Bragging about selling your seats to opposing fans, issuing stupid guarantees about games we haven't played and seasons that haven't started. Pissing in the cornflakes before the box is even open. Babies."

I didn't write about selling seats, or taking a dim view of future games. I wrote about bragging about selling seats, and issuing stupid guarantees about future games.

You've mischaracterized my initial statement, likely on purpose, to suit your rhetorical need to justify your ill-advised response. Your continued disingenuous banter is tiresome.

I didn't brag about my degrees. I didn't even say what they are. Thats just another tired mischaracterization. Heck, maybe I have the 6 and 12 week certificates from Maurice's School of Wig design. You don't know. I hoped it might occur to you that you dont know me well enough to have an informed opinion about my intellectual capacity, but you are apparently too busy conjuring new insults to think about that. I simply tried to explain why your continued insults don't bother me. You countered with more name-calling. Very on-brand for you in this thread. Childish, even. Almost like.......a........baby.

Acting like a baby, responding to a post about people acting like babies, while simultaneously declaring apathy and logical superiority. Seems...illogical. But, whatever, you do you. You won't address the issue genuinely, so I have no further need to discuss it.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I would be interested in the details of this, too.

This is what I wrote:

"Bragging about selling your seats to opposing fans, issuing stupid guarantees about games we haven't played and seasons that haven't started. Pissing in the cornflakes before the box is even open. Babies."

I didn't write about selling seats, or taking a dim view of future games. I wrote about bragging about selling seats, and issuing stupid guarantees about future games.

You've mischaracterized my initial statement, likely on purpose, to suit your rhetorical need to justify your ill-advised response. Your continued disingenuous banter is tiresome.

I didn't brag about my degrees. I didn't even say what they are. Thats just another tired mischaracterization. Heck, maybe I have the 6 and 12 week certificates from Maurice's School of Wig design. You don't know. I hoped it might occur to you that you dont know me well enough to have an informed opinion about my intellectual capacity, but you are apparently too busy conjuring new insults to think about that. I simply tried to explain why your continued insults don't bother me. You countered with more name-calling. Very on-brand for you in this thread. Childish, even. Almost like.......a........baby.

Acting like a baby, responding to a post about people acting like babies, while simultaneously declaring apathy and logical superiority. Seems...illogical. But, whatever, you do you. You won't address the issue genuinely, so I have no further need to discuss it.
I love how defensive you get, clearly the demeanor of someone insecure with their own position. Lol and now you're backtracking your own statement to try and convince yourself and me that you're right. The difference between as you say "issuing stupid guarantees about games" and "taking a dim view about games" is what exactly, the level of conviction in the results of future games? You're going to hang your hat on those being completely different statements, really? Pathetic.

There's so much more that's wrong with your statement, you clearly feel the need to resort to manipulating your own words because you know you're wrong. But I don't have a half hour to break down all the specifics, and even if I did you would never acknowledge anything wrong with what you wrote because you don't have the strength of character needed to do that. You can keep trying to twist and change your own words or how you specifically characterize them to convince yourself that you're correct but you haven't convinced anyone on this board any of your thoughts are worth reading.

tv contract negotiations are a far more complex thing than they once were.

it isn't just about ratings anymore, other than to advertisers.

but advertising is now only incremental revenue to many networks, with the big money being in monthly subscription fees.

and the monthly sub fees aren't always so much driven by the number of viewers of a said network, but rather by would said pay tv/streaming subscriber jump to another provider if the network carrying the game were no longer carried in the provider's overall bundle.

and in negotiations, the network can leverage not only what said network makes for the pay tv/streaming provider, (ie Comcast, Directv, You Tube, Hulu, etc) from just the resale of said network and ad revenue, but more importantly, from the revenue of the whole $50-$250 mo bundle.

for example, say ESPN or your local CBS affiliate wants more per month from the pay tv/streaming service to carry said network.

the pay tv/streaming service has to not only factor in how much markup they make from said network itself and ad revenue, but more importantly, would said viewer jump ship to another provider, if their current provider no longer carried said network with said programming.

for example, say your local CBS or BTN or ESPN is in a contract dispute with Comcast.

Comcast has to factor in not only what losing any markup of said network would make, (which is minor), but far more importantly, how much would they lose if said customer drops Comcast for Directv, if said viewer jumps ship on Comcast because Comcast no longer carries said network, even for a short time.

so any channel that has "must have" programming like some sports, can leverage the entire $200 mo that Comcast makes off said viewer for the entire cable, or cable + internet, or cable + internet + phone + security, bundle, to extort paying the asking fee of said network, even if said viewer only watches said network for one show a week 3 months a yr.

this is why the B10, SEC, NFL, NBA, etc, have their games spread out on many networks each.

each network is leveraging the entire $200 mo Comcast or Directv/AT&T internet bundle, to extort paying the asking price of the single network.

BTN was built on this monopolistic leverage.

it's a contractual situation that's illegal in every other industry for obvious anti competitive monopolistic/anti trust reasons.

it got grandfathered in to the pay tv industry through the frog in the pot analogy, starting back when networks other than premium networks didn't charge for carriage, then charged almost nothing per month, when carriers couldn't separate out every channel, and when the industry was price regulated.

and now the Comcast and AT&T/Directvs, and the network conglomerates like Disney/ESPN/ABC, Fox, CBS/Viacom, Comcast/NBC, etc also now lobby our lawmakers big time to keep the monopolistic anti competitive practice going.

point being, how much a network gets per month from pay tv/streaming subs, or how much a league gets for carriage of games, isn't based in how many are watching, as is advertising, but rather how many subs will jump ship to another provider with their entire $200 mo, if that network and those few games aren't carried.

the providers have fought back against this monopolistic/anti competitive extortion with forced 2 yr contracts to deter jumping ship in a contract standoff between the provider and the network, for what should be a basic utility, so Joe Consumer is now getting it in the rear from both sides.

the solution to Joe Consumers' misery is easy.

forced ala carte brings an immediate end to the monopolistic practice and makes it all go away the next day.

Comcast/NBC/Universal, AT&T/Directv/Time Warner/CNN, Disney/ABC/ESPN, Fox, all fight ending the monopolistic practice to the death, both with lobbying money, buying off regulators, and with their ability to extort lawmakers using their political/news coverage.

Comcast/NBC/Universal, AT&T/CNN/Directv/Time Warner(Warner Media), and News Corp/Fox, are now even literally the media arms of the Democrat and Republican national parties.

Okay.... I'm fully aware of everything your saying and as I said in my post, I've been around the block a few times when it comes to major media sports contracts... So there's nothing new in your answer for me... There are a couple of things you claim that I'd dispute but I'm not willing to get into a back-and-forth debate over the minutia..... However, I'm sure some others on here will find it interesting

My post was in response to Courtsensetwo's post where he make this claim, "... Indiana still drives the TV contract nationally and that is only going to become more lopsided as we ascend once again."

Where in the hell did that come from!... Please let me know. IU does attract a lot of eyeballs but so do several other B1G schools....

I have a very reliable source.

Allen took a pay cut to send Sheridan packing. How many Big 10/SEC coaches pay for buyouts when they want an assistant gone? Indiana nickels and dimes their football program and they always have. That's why the program is what it is.
How many Big 10 coaches would reward their OC and O-line coach with 2 year guaranteed contracts after how poorly the offense performed in 2020? It didn't take a genius to see that we had big problems on the offense, but CTA got caught up in the giddiness of the 6-2 season and started handing out multi-year contracts to everyone - whether they deserved it or not. That decision falls squarely on CTA's shoulders.

Next season will be the telling season, how many stay, how do they play - the older players are gone, what decision is made on coaches IE who is OL coach, is Bell back, does coach turn the defense over to Chad Wilt, etc. Making the right decisions with coaches and players - as talented as the players are and coach could turn things around.

Reactions: midwolfe and 76-1
Next season will be the telling season, how many stay, how do they play - the older players are gone, what decision is made on coaches IE who is OL coach, is Bell back, does coach turn the defense over to Chad Wilt, etc. Making the right decisions with coaches and players - as talented as the players are and coach could turn things around.
Honestly, he should not get a “do over.”
His season to prove that last year was a fluke was this season. Even CTA threw it out there at the beginning of the season: “let’s see if last year was the aberration or the norm.”

It’s the norm under his watch. Four losing seasons out of six with two of those being absolutely pathetic even by IU’s low bar.

Cut bait. Move forward.

Do you, or anybody else really, believe Allen and this team with the existing OL and DL has a realistic chance of even being competitive in these last two games, much less actually winning? Have you been watching this team? I thought after watching the first three games that IU had as good a chance of losing out the rest of the season as winning even one or two games. The early wins were highly flawed.

After Cincinnati, the odds of them losing out became quite high and then after the Nebraska loss I was pretty sure they would lose out. I've seen nothing that tells me this team is capable of winning anything. The game is won, to a large degree, in the trenches and IU can't beat anyone in the trenches. I think one other thing is obvious, they don't practice until their execution is flawless on anything. Maybe Charles Campbell and the placekicking game, that's about it.

Allen makes a big deal out of plays they should make every . . single . . time. Great coaches don't act like that. I think LEO is great, but the guy's job is to win football games, not sure Allen realizes that. Allen doesn't know his own limitations. When the contract extention and pay boost came up, the smarter move would have been for Allen to forego the personal increases and ask that the money be put into the pool to pay big money for the OC and DC and then, only then, and only if Allen gave up on the idea of folks he knew and only absolute cultural fits and his own defensive prowess could he have gotten the expertise he needed to be a winning coach.

Because of the buyout, the next two seasons look to be pretty pointless. IU is just an FCS school on every other B1G team's schedule now. A veritable speed bump. Hugely embarrassing.
Pretty much spot on all the way through. Somehow, we managed to have 2 good seasons in '19 & '20, & the more I've seen the last couple it's clear how large of a role the previous S & C staff played in that success, & the previous assistants, Mike Penix' arm talent, & covid, as much as we don't like to admit it, there can be no question at this point we beneffitted from the way the it compromised our opposition. CTA's shortcomings have been graphically exposed ever since. My head still spins(& pounds)thinking about 9/4/21 & the sickening realization that we were an utterly fraudeulent pre season "favorite". I've rarely if ever seen such a spectacular failure of a program on full display & so clearly under & ill prepared to play a game, & a season as it turned out. In virtually every aspect of coaching he's been shown to be insufficient. Gameday, game week, spring practice, off season, pre season, judgement of coaching acumen of his assistants, ONLY recruiting has been a bright spot, I suspect due to his admittedly stellar character, positivity, & appeal to devout families. On a personal level, I have nothing but admiration for CTA--but as a head CFB coach, I think we need to move on when possible to do so.

Last edited:
I thought last off season season was supposed to be the time to “get things right”. Shook up the coaching staff, hit the transfer portal, etc. Some question whether anyone should trust Dolson to hire the next football coach. I am wondering if we should trust Allen to hire another offensive coordinator, if in fact Bell doesn’t return (for whatever reason)? IU is going to do a lot of lower cost things (announce $1 million NIL for example) to try and sell hope to the fan base. But it would be unprecedented for a program to get out of the situation IU football finds itself in right now. Recruiting is all but dead in the water. We don’t have an exciting style of play that puts up a lot of points. Can’t see anyway this is anything but just playing out the string until the buyout comes down.

I would love to be wrong. But even the most optimistic IU fan in me sees very little chance of any turnaround.

Reactions: IUgradman
Worst conventional wisdom.

A team that, for example, was winless losing every game 2 pts is not necessarily a horrible team because of a horrible record. A team that is undefeated winning every game by 2 points isn’t necessarily a great team because of a great record.

I’ll die on the hill that the 2020 team wasn’t as good as their record and this team’s not as bad as its record, at least until the last two weeks.
Tell that to Scott Fost who lost almost every game by 1 possession.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Tell that to Scott Fost who lost almost every game by 1 possession.
I’m not saying it doesn’t get people fired, I’m saying it’s bad conventional wisdom.

It’s not really an apples to apples comparison (because HS vs college) but Evansville Mater Dei was winless in a season once in the early 90s, mostly bigger schools and several close losses. They ended up playing in the semi-state.

Long story short, “you’re what your record says you are” is a false cliche.

There was reason for hope that 2022 would be better than 2021 - all the injuries in 2021, great recruiting class, success in the portal, new coaches, memories of success in 19 and 20.

I don't see why anyone would think 2023 will be better than 2022. Maybe they'll win the next 2 games to show some momentum

There was reason for hope that 2022 would be better than 2021 - all the injuries in 2021, great recruiting class, success in the portal, new coaches, memories of success in 19 and 20.

I don't see why anyone would think 2023 will be better than 2022. Maybe they'll win the next 2 games to show some momentum
That was my concern before the season. Even if no one transfers out, I don't see how next season isn't a "down" year. Yikes!

Reactions: IUgradman
IU is giving away free tickets to students for the bucket game, my son just got one via email. How far this program has fallen.

I’m not saying it doesn’t get people fired, I’m saying it’s bad conventional wisdom.

It’s not really an apples to apples comparison (because HS vs college) but Evansville Mater Dei was winless in a season once in the early 90s, mostly bigger schools and several close losses. They ended up playing in the semi-state.

Long story short, “you’re what your record says you are” is a false cliche.

Why is it bad conventional wisdom when it is accurate 99.9% of the time?

That 1990 HS team is the exception, not the conventional rule. 99.9% of winless teams are winless because they are terrible.

IU is giving away free tickets to students for the bucket game, my son just got one via email. How far this program has fallen.
Has it not been that way a while? The game being the Saturday after Thanksgiving is a killer for student attendance.

This really isn't a big deal, they did this last year for the Minnesota game and for the Maryland game. Whenever there's an academic break they know most of the student ticket holders won't even be in Bloomington. As much as it is sad that they are able to give away free tickets at all, they're no more sad than they've always been.

Bucket week is when students that can go home usually do. The ticket is really for students still on campus and hopefully fill the stadium or close to it.

Those of you still saying Allen not going anywhere after this season need to give me some odds just like I asked before Archie got fired. Of course nobody backed up their lack of wisdom on the hoops forum, but will anybody on the football forum be willing to shell out decent odds?

Those of you still saying Allen not going anywhere after this season need to give me some odds just like I asked before Archie got fired. Of course nobody backed up their lack of wisdom on the hoops forum, but will anybody on the football forum be willing to shell out decent odds?
I believe that line of thinking is simply based in the fact they don’t think IU has the money to 1. buyout Allen and the assistants. 2. Pony up money to hire a new, good staff. All in you are probably looking in the neighborhood of $40 million to accomplish all of that.

I have not sent anyone that commented it came from anyone close to or in the athletic department that Allen would definitely be retained.

I believe that line of thinking is simply based in the fact they don’t think IU has the money to 1. buyout Allen and the assistants. 2. Pony up money to hire a new, good staff. All in you are probably looking in the neighborhood of $40 million to accomplish all of that.

I have not sent anyone that commented it came from anyone close to or in the athletic department that Allen would definitely be retained.
Doesn't matter. Give the the huge odds. Anybody?

Of course there is a path forward. Win the last two, go 5-7, point out that this is an above average result for IU.

I'm not saying that's what will happen, but it's not hard to imagine that Allen thinks it will.

Dolson gains nothing by firing him now. Might as well wait and see.
Right..........lol

Bucket week is when students that can go home usually do. The ticket is really for students still on campus and hopefully fill the stadium or close to it.
“Fill the stadium” - if it is close to full it will be mostly pu fans. I don’t plan on going, no conflict, just tired of seeing shitty football - I am a 52 yr season ticket holder who hasn’t missed 5 games in all of those years (prior to this year). I gave away Penn St tickets. I know other ticket holders that aren’t going.
I expect about 25-30k in actual attendance.

“Fill the stadium” - if it is close to full it will be mostly pu fans. I don’t plan on going, no conflict, just tired of seeing shitty football - I am a 52 yr season ticket holder who hasn’t missed 5 games in all of those years (prior to this year). I gave away Penn St tickets. I know other ticket holders that aren’t going.
Unfortunately, I think you are right about the attendance. I doubt there will be a lot of PU fans at the game either but maybe more than IU fans.

It's hard to argue that IU can't win in Football when Kansas and UCONN showed they could pull it off. It's not an easy place to win, and then have the toughest schedule in the country. But schedule three winnable games and win three of eight Big Ten games each year and you are there. That should be do-able.
It sounds good but first off I remember arguing with some folks on here a year or two ago who wanted us to upgrade our out of conference schedule. I told them that was stupid. Next is we do not pick our conference opponents. This would of been the year do have a decent in conference record. That said we started with an Illinois team that I thought we were comparable to preseason but even they had the advantage of playing a game before us. Then having Nebraska they fire coach and D coordinator and have an open week before so now you have no idea what to expect. We would have been better off if they had not fired Frost. Maryland and Rutgers should have been winnable games. So there really are no sure wins in the BIG for anyone outside of OSU but especially for Iu.

Did you find any IU fans to use your tickets or are you letting them go empty? I know you won’t sell them to Purdue fans. I’m in the same boat and haven’t listed my tickets on IU ticket boards yet. Trying to decide if I will even bother with it.
Heading to Florida Monday with family for Thanksgiving and for the first time ever I didn’t let the Bucket game keep me home. Old dogs can learn new tricks - LOL!
Will miss a couple cupcake basketball games too but at least make an effort to watch those at a sports bar.

Did you find any IU fans to use your tickets or are you letting them go empty? I know you won’t sell them to Purdue fans. I’m in the same boat and haven’t listed my tickets on IU ticket boards yet. Trying to decide if I will even bother with it.
Heading to Florida Monday with family for Thanksgiving and for the first time ever I didn’t let the Bucket game keep me home. Old dogs can learn new tricks - LOL!
Will miss a couple cupcake basketball games too but at least make an effort to watch those at a sports bar.
Letting them go empty! Not interested in taking the time to put them on ticket exchange.

I ended up donating my Purdue tickets to the Hoosier Ticket Project who were actually excited to receive them and appreciative. Sounds like some family will be happy to go.

The Hoosier Ticket Project is an organization that works to match IU fans with IU sports tickets that may otherwise go unused or that have been donated. The idea is to find first-time attendees or other deserving fans and allow them to experience Indiana basketball and football games.

It was founded and is run by Josh Bruick, Jason Gerdom, Martha The Mop Lady and Amanda Pavelka, all here on the board.

In addition to digital tickets, physical tickets are accepted via mail and meet up in Indianapolis or Bloomington.

Hoosier Ticket Project is a 501(c)(3) organization so both ticket and monetary donations are tax-deductible.

If you know of any Hoosiers who have never been to a game, send them to the site: hoosierticketproject.org/request.

We want to every Hoosier fan to have the opportunity to experience an IU gameday. This year we have so many compelling stories of deserving fans and families who would love to be able to experience their Hoosiers play live for the first time. If you have extra football or basketball tickets and have it in your heart to make a dream come true this season, please check out our website HoosierTicketProject.org/donate.

Feel free to reach out to us at info@hoosierticketproject.org with any questions you may have.

I ended up donating my Purdue tickets to the Hoosier Ticket Project who were actually excited to receive them and appreciative. Sounds like some family will be happy to go.

The Hoosier Ticket Project is an organization that works to match IU fans with IU sports tickets that may otherwise go unused or that have been donated. The idea is to find first-time attendees or other deserving fans and allow them to experience Indiana basketball and football games.

It was founded and is run by Josh Bruick, Jason Gerdom, Martha The Mop Lady and Amanda Pavelka, all here on the board.

In addition to digital tickets, physical tickets are accepted via mail and meet up in Indianapolis or Bloomington.

Hoosier Ticket Project is a 501(c)(3) organization so both ticket and monetary donations are tax-deductible.

If you know of any Hoosiers who have never been to a game, send them to the site: hoosierticketproject.org/request.

We want to every Hoosier fan to have the opportunity to experience an IU gameday. This year we have so many compelling stories of deserving fans and families who would love to be able to experience their Hoosiers play live for the first time. If you have extra football or basketball tickets and have it in your heart to make a dream come true this season, please check out our website HoosierTicketProject.org/donate.

Feel free to reach out to us at info@hoosierticketproject.org with any questions you may have.
Sounds like a great endeavor.

Although sending any IU fan or aspiring IU fan to this Bucket Game sounds like punishment of some kind.

That's great.

I took my boys to the PSU game. I wasn't all that excited given the team we have but we had a great time. It's still a great atmosphere to spend a Saturday.

But for 2 Md yr in a row, offense (starting w/OL) was so bad it demoralized the defense until they are now all dead men walking to get to end of season. His keeping Hiller was his downfall and then I unfortunately don’t think he has the chops to be a top B10 HC.
He did fire Hiller so get over it. We will have a better OL coach next season as long as coach Allen steps outside the box on his hire.

Allen wanted Hillier gone after last season. Dolson refused to pay the buyout and forced Allen to bring him back. That’s the truth.
Inside sources there?

Others said Dolson did NOT make him pay for Sheridan’s firing.

So Dolson is the problem? Or his limited budget

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT