ADVERTISEMENT

No inflation last month

Make shit up? Why would they lower it by 50 basis points if the economy wasn' t in trouble? 25 was predicted. You don't drop 50 basis points for the first time in 15 years unless the economy is in trouble.

I don' t know if you noticed, genius, but the markets DID drop today. lmao Now who's making shit up?
Simple, because they are 125bps too high and they only have one more shot this year.

100 bps are already baked into the pricing. Oh, and the markets were down all day.

you just cannot see around your trumps fat ass can you?

Simple, because they are 125bps too high and they only have one more shot this year.

100 bps are already baked into the pricing. Oh, and the markets were down all day.

you just cannot see around your trumps fat ass can you?
Let's see now.... what was happening 15 years ago? Oh yeah - the economy was in the shitter.

See a psychiatrist about your TDS.

Predicting the future is difficult, but Powell didn’t cut 50 bps because he was afraid the markets would dip. They went 50 because he’s more concerned with unemployment than inflation . Their own stated inflation goal is 2%, which we’re still not at.
My point wasn't that they went 50 because they were afraid the markets would dip, I simply stated that as a likely outcome if they only went 25 because 100 is already priced in.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Make shit up? Why would they lower it by 50 basis points if the economy wasn' t in trouble? 25 was predicted. You don't drop 50 basis points for the first time in 15 years unless the economy is in trouble.

I don' t know if you noticed, genius, but the markets DID drop today. lmao Now who's making shit up?

15 years?

Are you just ignoring 2020?

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Predicting the future is difficult, but Powell didn’t cut 50 bps because he was afraid the markets would dip. They went 50 because he’s more concerned with unemployment than inflation . Their own stated inflation goal is 2%, which we’re still not at.

They probably should have cut 25 in July and 25 now. But not really that big of a difference. They still have some more cutting to do to get out of restrictive policy and get into neutral rate territory.

If inflation is back to say 2.5%, a neutral Fed rate is probably 3 to 3.5%.

We're still looking at 4.25-4.5 range by end of this year, which is still rather restrictive. I think they want another several months of inflation data before continuing to ease beyond what they've projected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT