ADVERTISEMENT

No inflation last month

The ACA curbed spending? It certainly did not. The CBO score was cooked with assumptions which never happened. The “Cadillac tax” never happened, as people like me predicted. The mandate and penalties didn’t last either. The ACA is increasing deficits and debt.
Im not saying ACA curbed soending. The point was neither party does what they campaign on when they have control of all three. The notable exception was the ACA when the Dems had complete control.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
If that's what you want, then you're hoping for another Great Recession -- or worse.

Prices and wages have risen at roughly the same rate in the last three years. When inflation drops from 9% to 3%, that's a good thing. No, we won't see prices going back down to 2019 levels, but neither will wages. The sky has not fallen.
Why would you not want decreasing prices? Do you think inflation is good? Why?

Why would you not want decreasing prices? Do you think inflation is good? Why?
Some deflation is good. For example, electronic prices have decreased rather than increased over the years. The 75-inch flat panel TV we have was about $3000 when I bought it and now I could get a larger one for less than a thousand. Prices of certain commodities go up and down too. These are good kinds of "deflation." However, general deflation is almost always a sign of a tanking economy and increasing unemployment. I mistyped with I said it would tank the economy, what I meant is that it's usually a sign of a tanking economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
Some deflation is good. For example, electronic prices have decreased rather than increased over the years. The 75-inch flat panel TV we have was about $3000 when I bought it and now I could get a larger one for less than a thousand. Prices of certain commodities go up and down too. These are good kinds of "deflation." However, general deflation is almost always a sign of a tanking economy and increasing unemployment. I mistyped with I said it would tank the economy, what I meant is that it's usually a sign of a tanking economy.
I was giving you a hard time. I blow enough smoke up your a#% about being a liberal, so I should have refrained.

A couple points. I’d argue deflation is a good thing and a sign of a healthy economy. Decreasing prices is obviously good and getting rid of misallocated capital is also good.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I was giving you a hard time. I blow enough smoke up your a#% about being a liberal, so I should have refrained.

A couple points. I’d argue deflation is a good thing and a sign of a healthy economy. Decreasing prices is obviously good and getting rid of misallocated capital is also good.
Calling me a liberal is a real insult. ;)

Trump cratered the economy because Biden was elected? That’s a moonbat conspiracy I’ve not heard. What specifically did Trump do to intentionally crater the economy?
My post was poorly worded - sorry about that. Biden inherited a cratered economy left from over from Trump primarily caused by COVID. His slow response to COVID was complicit in the hit our economy took.

In all the debate excitement, did I miss the excitement for this? We need to buy a new car by December, c'mon rate cuts.

Sorry. Not spending 30 to 40k to get a new car that was in the 20's befir dipsht took office. Anything less is just buying junk. I'll stick to my v8 tundra that is 18 years old and has 222k miles on it. Cheap az Tesla cars raised their prices since dipsht's regime offer up tax credits for EV's. Car manufactures love when govts offer tax credits so they raise their prices. Solar panel industry loves it. They raise the prices, take the tax credits off the top then roll them into some loan.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Sorry. Not spending 30 to 40k to get a new car that was in the 20's befir dipsht took office. Anything less is just buying junk. I'll stick to my v8 tundra that is 18 years old and has 222k miles on it. Cheap az Tesla cars raised their prices since dipsht's regime offer up tax credits for EV's. Car manufactures love when govts offer tax credits so they raise their prices. Solar panel industry loves it. They raise the prices, take the tax credits off the top then roll them into some loan.
Don't opt for a new Tundra for a while. Sounds like nothing but problems over the last couple years with engines and some transmissions.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
In all the debate excitement, did I miss the excitement for this? We need to buy a new car by December, c'mon rate cuts.

Might I suggest:

jim webb vacation GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT