ADVERTISEMENT

No inflation last month

Marvin, it doesn’t matter much. It’s stopped rising after prices are through the roof. Who’s going to jump for joy when going the grocery store over the holidays.
Another big benefit of dumping Biden Harris and his goofball administration. The new Dem can distance himself from all that. Wasn’t me. Like a reset button. Just focus all energy on trump

Reactions: stollcpa
What are you in the market for? 69 mustang? 57 Chevy? Something you and your bride can cruise around btown in? Maybe pop the hood on a Saturday morning at sonic?
Sonic closed down. Right across from Bloomington South and I guess they couldn't make hay. Sucks.

Car show is Thursday nights at Hardee's on the west side. 😄 Roll the Chevelle and the Olds over there on occasion.

Sonic closed down. Right across from Bloomington South and I guess they couldn't make hay. Sucks.

Car show is Thursday nights at Hardee's on the west side. 😄 Roll the Chevelle and the Olds over there on occasion.
🔥🔥🤣🤣. It just can’t be the same at Hardee’s

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
In all the debate excitement, did I miss the excitement for this? We need to buy a new car by December, c'mon rate cuts.

How many items are they leaving out of the inflation equation? Energy, utilities, food? What has gone up that is going down? Unemployment soon to be going up in Indiana. Trailer factories in northern Indiana slowing down work 3 weeks off 2. Lots are getting full

Please tell me Night Moves is still around.

As strip clubs go, that place was sad. Surprising, considering the potential employee pool.

How many items are they leaving out of the inflation equation? Energy, utilities, food? What has gone up that is going down? Unemployment soon to be going up in Indiana. Trailer factories in northern Indiana slowing down work 3 weeks off 2. Lots are getting full
I'm looking to pick up a small RV at a fire sale when the recession hits.

Oil is up 9$ a bbl. the past month … 2.6 May not last as long as we might prefer.

At least dire predictions for 100 $ oil weren’t realized recently.

Reactions: DANC
Please tell me Night Moves is still around.

As strip clubs go, that place was sad. Surprising, considering the potential employee pool.
It is...but it moved down south of town into an old laundromat. Right next to the Fellowship of Eagles.

I've never been in, but based on the number of cars in thwir lot, the Eagles seem to have picked up quite a few new members since their new neighbors moved in. 😄

I have a large RV client. They boomed under Trump. They’ve been feeling Bidenomics from quite some time.
Didn't their business go up during Covid? I know their business has been bad for a while, but I thought they went through a boom there about that time.

Hard to say. They didn’t run to docs unless very sick.
Good point. My guess is, they did better because they're more agrarian and outside more. I assume most don't smoke, which caused so many serious issues. But they would have gathered in homes and meeting houses for workship.

Reactions: stollcpa
In all the debate excitement, did I miss the excitement for this? We need to buy a new car by December, c'mon rate cuts.

Great, but think of this:

2021: Inflation 4.7%, My (as a stand-in for any employed American) raise 3%
2022: Inflation 8.0%, My raise 3%
2023: Inflation 4.1%, My raise 3%

You see where I'm going with this. Even if we did 12 straight months of no inflation, I'm still not as wealthy as I was 4 years ago.

(Of course, this isn't true for me, because I'm boring, and I save everything, so I'm flush with cash, but overall, this is why Biden's economic arguments don't work.)

Great, but think of this:

2021: Inflation 4.7%, My (as a stand-in for any employed American) raise 3%
2022: Inflation 8.0%, My raise 3%
2023: Inflation 4.1%, My raise 3%

You see where I'm going with this. Even if we did 12 straight months of no inflation, I'm still not as wealthy as I was 4 years ago.

(Of course, this isn't true for me, because I'm boring, and I save everything, so I'm flush with cash, but overall, this is why Biden's economic arguments don't work.)
I am not at all disagreeing. My personal raises have been 2%, 2%, 3%. But BLS says raises have outstripped inflation for 12 consecutive months. Someone is doing better. Those are wages, so it would not include investor class.

The problem when the economy is turbulent is it tends to be uneven. At the same time some are going down, others are going up.

I am not at all disagreeing. My personal raises have been 2%, 2%, 3%. But BLS says raises have outstripped inflation for 12 consecutive months. Someone is doing better. Those are wages, so it would not include investor class.

The problem when the economy is turbulent is it tends to be uneven. At the same time some are going down, others are going up.

We're doing better this year. Not sure it's enough to make up for the three years prior.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT