ADVERTISEMENT

No immigrants from "sh1thole countries"

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
I just heard this. He was at a meeting with multiple people.so knew he would be quoted. He sees nothing wrong with talking about people and countries this way. Worst person in the world.

Trump Slams Protections For Immigrants From ‘Shithole’ Countries

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...b94e4b04df054f757a0?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

President Donald Trump slammed the idea of restoring protections for immigrants from “shithole” countries in an Oval Office meeting on Thursday, sources told multiple news outlets.

Trump then said the U.S. “should have more people from places like Norway,” sources told NBC News.​
I thought those invited to this kind of meetings would be hard Trump supporters. If so, who is/are leaking this kind of stories?:rolleyes:

I thought those invited to this kind of meetings would be hard Trump supporters. If so, who is/are leaking this kind of stories?:rolleyes:
I can think of at least three possibilities:

1. Aides attending the principals in the meeting, who secretly despise what the admin stands for, and leak these stories to make Trump look bad.
2. Nationalist attendees who think leaking these stories will ultimately galvanize the MAGA movement and make the media look bad for screaming "racism!" yet again.
3. Traditional attendees who think just the opposite - that leaking these stories will undermine MAGA and push the party back toward what they think it should be.

Usually when someone leaks something, there is a reason behind it. Those are the main possible reasons I can come up with.

Honestly, are we surprised he makes racist comments? Its par for course with him right? He wants more white folks coming in like from Norway... as if they would come under a Trump administration!!

Trump just tells it like it is and he clearly doesn't care what anyone thinks. Most would agree though that the countries he is referring to are definitely sh!tholes.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Trump just tells it like it is and he clearly doesn't care what anyone thinks. Most would agree though that the countries he is referring to are definitely sh!tholes.
Wow. I'd like to think that most aren't as ignorant or racist as our so called president.

Trump Slams Protections For Immigrants From ‘Shithole’ Countries

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...b94e4b04df054f757a0?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

President Donald Trump slammed the idea of restoring protections for immigrants from “shithole” countries in an Oval Office meeting on Thursday, sources told multiple news outlets.

Trump then said the U.S. “should have more people from places like Norway,” sources told NBC News.​

That comment is indefensible.

But I wouuld like to hear comments about why should we talk about presumably unskilled immigrants from disfunctional countries as part of DACA and comprehensive reform?

When we do talk about people from these countries aren’t we really talking about asylum seekers or refugees?

That comment is indefensible.

But I wouuld like to hear comments about why should we talk about presumably unskilled immigrants from disfunctional countries as part of DACA and comprehensive reform?

When we do talk about people from these countries aren’t we really talking about asylum seekers or refugees?
Actually I like the idea of trying to chose the best of the best immigrants like we would college applicants but Trump clearly has shown a racial bias so he has kind of taken that option away-like when he was trying to restrict people from certain Muslim countries from being able to travel to the US but the courts kept shooting him down.

Well are Alabama and Mississippi sh!thole states in your opinion? I'm assuming you believe so.
Of course not. Have very good friends from Birmingham and also some friends in Starksville. I'd never think that and I'd certainly be smart enough to not say it, if I did.

Sure, Haiti is a shithole, but he was denigrating the people from Haiti.

Well, he said "people from shithole countries." So if you concede that Haiti is a shithole, then people from Haiti are indeed "people from a shithole country."

Now if he said, "Haitians are a bunch of shithole people" then yeah, that'd be different. And yeah he probably said it, but I didn't see that in the article. I've called Purdue a shithole, and Boiler fans shitheads. T'was a shitty thing to say.

Of course not. Have very good friends from Birmingham and also some friends in Starksville. I'd never think that and I'd certainly be smart enough to not say it, if I did.

That's a big difference between you and Trump is that he says exactly what he thinks and doesn't care whether it's politically correct or not. He shouldn't have used the term that he used but that's Trump and he's not going to change. It also doesn't make him wrong. If crime, poverty, and disease are rampant in a country then it is probably a sh!thole.

That's a big difference between you and Trump is that he says exactly what he thinks and doesn't care whether it's politically correct or not. He shouldn't have used the term that he used but that's Trump and he's not going to change. It also doesn't make him wrong. If crime, poverty, and disease are rampant in a country then it is probably a sh!thole.

From my perspective and where I am living, then you can include the US as a shithole then?!

That he said that behind closed doors (I assume this is the case) actually doesn't bother me too much. You ought to hear the colorful things our CEO says in meetings that he'd never say outside. That's just the way it is. I'm sure the Clintons in particular were...colorful.

But, someone decided to tattle. And no, it won't play well in the press. But to act shocked that people speak this way is rather silly.

Well in my opinion the President should not be making statements like this about other countries. He can say whatever he wants about them as a private citizen but this is ridiculous for a President to be making a statement like this. Trump being crude and nasty is not "telling it like it is", it is just being crude and nasty.

That he said that behind closed doors (I assume this is the case) actually doesn't bother me too much. You ought to hear the colorful things our CEO says in meetings that he'd never say outside. That's just the way it is. I'm sure the Clintons in particular were...colorful.

But, someone decided to tattle. And no, it won't play well in the press. But to act shocked that people speak this way is rather silly.

I guess you didn't have problems with the 'grabbing their pussies' comment either -- since it was said offline?

I guess you didn't have problems with the 'grabbing their pussies' comment either -- since it was said offline?

I'm just saying that uttering the phrase shithole countries behind closed doors is hardly shocking. You think Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter (well, maybe not Carter) Ford, Nixon...didn't say foul stuff behind closed doors?

No, the difference is that I'm not a hateful racist and Trump is. I like to think most people are not.

My guess is that if any president said something racist in a meeting, it would have gotten out, including Bill Clinton. Guess what? Most presidents have not been , fortunately.

I'm just saying that uttering the phrase shithole countries behind closed doors is hardly shocking. You think Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter (well, maybe not Carter) Ford, Nixon...didn't say foul stuff behind closed doors?
You don't get this is racist , do you?

My guess is that if any president said something racist in a meeting, it would have gotten out, including Bill Clinton. Guess what? Most presidents have not been , fortunately.

You mean like when Bill was pushing through a crime bill and Hillary used the terms, “superpreditors,” “thugs,” and “ghetto culture.” I’m sure she was talking about nice white suburban folk there.

I like you Zeke. But I think you really have a blind spot when it comes to those you agree with.

Or our former VP who said them on camera.

That was stupid, but don't pretend like it's the same. Trump has proven to be racist throughought his entire life. If a Trump supporter does not want to be painted with that same brush, they should denounce it unequivocally.

It’s not racist. It’s narrow-minded and classic #NewGOP simple thinking, but it’s not racist. I challenge you to explain how it is.
Well, let's start with what color are people that come from Africa and Haiti? What color are people that come from Norway? You can't tell me you think this is a coincidence?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT