ADVERTISEMENT

No charges to be filed against McCabe

Wasn’t he going to be one of the first dominos to fall in the fight to put the Deep State behind bars? Culminating with Obama, of course. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-case-against-former-fbi-acting-head-n1137066

Nuance. This only has to do with McCabe’s “lack of candor” in denying knowledge of the Clinton Foundation leak. Lack of candor is sufficient for internal discipline which McCabe received. The criminal standard is lying to the FBI. The IG referred to the DOJ based upon lack of candor.

Supposedly, the Judge overseeing a connected FOI case commented that Trump’s McCabe tweets hurt DOJ credibility, which might be part of the basis of Barr’s comments yesterday.

Still very much unresolved is McCabe’s role in the FISA mess which has a little more substance.

Last edited:
Still very much unresolved is McCabe’s role in the FISA mess which has a little more substance.

I searched 5 different stories on the IG report and none of them mentioned McCabe. Not even in a Federalist story blasting the report. I have to ask, what are we waiting on, Godot? Do you have a quote from the IG report about McCabe.

I searched 5 different stories on the IG report and none of them mentioned McCabe. Not even in a Federalist story blasting the report. I have to ask, what are we waiting on, Godot? Do you have a quote from the IG report about McCabe.

An incumbent administration investigating an opposite political party's presidential campaign is unheard of and without precedent in American history. Using the extraordinary and secret powers of our foreign counter-intelligence apparatus to do the investigation is astounding. Think about this for a moment. To use FISA, the Obama administration had to represent to the FISA court in good faith, with compelling, verified, and corroborated evidence, that the Trump campaign was acting as a clandestine agent of a hostile foreign power. To fail to give Trump a defensive briefing about this reveals that the Obama administration saw Trump as an agent.

I know that that many Democrats believe this is true. But it's not true. The matter has been fully investigated and no evidence of collusion, let alone actively serving as a clandestine foreign agent, was found.

McCabe was fully immersed in all decisions about the investigation, to use the government FISA powers, and the determination to keep Trump in the dark. (We know that Comey lied to Trump about Trump not being a target. It now develops that the FBI lied to and deceived Flynn about Flynn being a target) If the investigation, and use of the FISA powers, was without a legally cognisable rational basis, crimes were committed. McCabe would be involved as a direct participant and co-conspirator.

This is what Durham is investigating.

An incumbent administration investigating an opposite political party's presidential campaign is unheard of and without precedent in American history. Using the extraordinary and secret powers of our foreign counter-intelligence apparatus to do the investigation is astounding. Think about this for a moment. To use FISA, the Obama administration had to represent to the FISA court in good faith, with compelling, verified, and corroborated evidence, that the Trump campaign was acting as a clandestine agent of a hostile foreign power. To fail to give Trump a defensive briefing about this reveals that the Obama administration saw Trump as an agent.

I know that that many Democrats believe this is true. But it's not true. The matter has been fully investigated and no evidence of collusion, let alone actively serving as a clandestine foreign agent, was found.

McCabe was fully immersed in all decisions about the investigation, to use the government FISA powers, and the determination to keep Trump in the dark. (We know that Comey lied to Trump about Trump not being a target. It now develops that the FBI lied to and deceived Flynn about Flynn being a target) If the investigation, and use of the FISA powers, was without a legally cognisable rational basis, crimes were committed. McCabe would be involved as a direct participant and co-conspirator.

So you really believe that Trump and Barr would let McCabe skate if the evidence you claim is there is actually there? That’s a ridiculous position. The fact that this DOJ is dropping the case shows that the evidence is threadbare. Wait. Is this? Was this? A Nothingburger???

Right, he is investigating if we called up the Aussies and told them to report an American as being recruited by the Russians. So long as whoever did that had the best interest of the US at heart, what could YOU possibly see wrong with that. I see why I think it would be wrong, but you have a paper trail using the might be for the good of the country standard.

The IG found issues with the 2nd FISA renewal. And the person involved should be corrected as the law allows. But now we have to wait on a handpicked Trumped to find out if the IG missed simething?

So you really believe that Trump and Barr would let McCabe skate if the evidence you claim is there is actually there? That’s a ridiculous position. The fact that this DOJ is dropping the case shows that the evidence is threadbare. Wait. Is this? Was this? A Nothingburger???

Good grief. Pay attention.

Zimmerman was innocent.

Nuance. This only has to do with McCabe’s “lack of candor” in denying knowledge of the Clinton Foundation leak. Lack of candor is sufficient for internal discipline which McCabe received. The criminal standard is lying to the FBI. The IG referred to the DOJ based upon lack of candor.

Supposedly, the Judge overseeing a connected FOI case commented that Trump’s McCabe tweets hurt DOJ credibility, which might be part of the basis of Barr’s comments yesterday.

Republicans are innocent until proven guilty, Democrats, guilty until proven innocent.

Wasn’t he going to be one of the first dominos to fall in the fight to put the Deep State behind bars? Culminating with Obama, of course. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-case-against-former-fbi-acting-head-n1137066
From National Review: "It is worth remembering McCabe's October 30 scolding of subordinates when you think about how he later claimed that, on the very next day, he'd freely admitted to his superior, Comey, that he himself was the source of the leak. Quite the piece of work, this guy: To throw the scent off himself after carefully arranging the leak, McCabe dressed down the FBI's two premier field offices, knowing they were completely innocent, and then pretended for months that he knew nothing about the leak."

From National Review: "It is worth remembering McCabe's October 30 scolding of subordinates when you think about how he later claimed that, on the very next day, he'd freely admitted to his superior, Comey, that he himself was the source of the leak. Quite the piece of work, this guy: To throw the scent off himself after carefully arranging the leak, McCabe dressed down the FBI's two premier field offices, knowing they were completely innocent, and then pretended for months that he knew nothing about the leak."
There are a lot of "piece(s) of work" in our government. Perhaps when you do more than selective partisanship regarding those "piece(s} of work", I'll pay attention to your concerns . . .

Reactions: Bill4411
There are a lot of "piece(s) of work" in our government. Perhaps when you do more than selective partisanship regarding those "piece(s} of work", I'll pay attention to your concerns . . .
The thread was about McCabe, the article was accurate and about McCabe.

The thread was about McCabe, the article was accurate and about McCabe.

So, is that your admission that you're not interested in anything more than selective partisanship? McCabe did some lame stuff and that's probably the most egregious, but I'm pretty sure that my Trumpian friends would be shouting "TOTAL ACQUITTAL!" here. ;)

Reactions: Sope Creek
So, is that your admission that you're not interested in anything more than selective partisanship? McCabe did some lame stuff and that's probably the most egregious, but I'm pretty sure that my Trumpian friends would be shouting "TOTAL ACQUITTAL!" here. ;)
No.
Even with posters as good as you and Sope it seems every topic ends up about Trump.
I'm no Trumper. I believe my last post was critical of him attacking Bloomberg as a racist.
I guess I don't see where this post about McCabe was out of line, but alas the age of Trump.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT