ADVERTISEMENT

Next week vs MSU on Peacock?……

Wtf is Peacock? 3:30pm EDT.

That's more than a little irritating...

Hottest team in college football and the Big Ten hides us on a pay per view channel...

Complete and utter BS...

The good news is that M$U is within driving distance so many fans can make the trip to see us live...

The only positive is that Don Fischer will probably more than triple his listenership next Saturday...

That's more than a little irritating...

Hottest team in college football and the Big Ten hides us on a pay per view channel...

Complete and utter BS...

The good news is that M$U is within driving distance so many fans can make the trip to see us live...

The only positive is that Don Fischer will probably more than triple his listenership next Saturday...

Is this the BT's decision?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Was surprised by this too but it's not all bad. Put this game on NBC Saturday Night in front of a juiced up MSU crowd and you're looking for trouble. Nice quiet low key game on a Saturday afternoon. Take care of business and then come home to beat the weasels.

Oh oh, hiding games on a lesser network is a good setup for when the officiating scales are expected to be weighted.

I'm sure it's just to get subscriptions from a large and hungry audience.

I happen to have it, paid to stream it to watch Indycar and haven't canceled. There's little on it for me though. Fubo has far more college football. I first did a trial one recent year to catch one of our BB games.

I did the same for indycar. They usually have a year long deal during black friday time that is really cheap. I only pay a couple bucks a month for it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Fox televises the league’s “A” game at noon; CBS keeping the 3:30 p.m. window it has employed with the SEC; and NBC broadcasting a prime-time game that comes on the heels of Notre Dame home contests. Fox will coordinate a game draft with the Big Ten office each year.

Fox/FS1 will have 24–27 football games in 2023–24, then 30–32 games each of the next six years per season . It also will air four of the seven Big Ten championship games during the contract.

Big Ten Network will have 38–41 football games in 2023–24 before increasing to a max of 50 games for the rest of the deal.

NBC will have 14-5 football games in 2024. That will include one championship game.

Peacock, which won the direct-to-consumer part of the deal, will have eight football games per season for the length of the contract. It also aired 32 men’s basketball games in 2023–24 (20 of them conference matchups) and 47 thereafter (32 league contests). That will include an opening-night doubleheader from the men’s tournament.

Pretty sure that most of the games are lined up in advance to each network prior to the season.

Is this the BT's decision?

According to the Peacock website The Big Ten assigns teams as the season progresses...

Was surprised by this too but it's not all bad. Put this game on NBC Saturday Night in front of a juiced up MSU crowd and you're looking for trouble. Nice quiet low key game on a Saturday afternoon. Take care of business and then come home to beat the weasels.
MSU complained to the Big Ten that they have had too many night games and didn’t want more

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT