ADVERTISEMENT

Next season, could Lander have a more positive effect on our "O" production than Langford ???

ODommer

Recruit
Jan 14, 2003
If Lander does qualify to be on the roster next season, will he develop as the season unfolds, to be a huge plus at the point???

He'll have to prove it to me..
I guess with good talent around him ..His game jumps a bunch..
But imo he's not close to being a Cole Anthony type...

He will shoot a better percentage from three then Romeo, can take that one to the bank. He also will show some emotion and want to. He is a cocky SOB and I love it. Second biggest recruit in Millers tenure, obviouslyto TJD.

If Lander does qualify to be on the roster next season, will he develop as the season unfolds, to be a huge plus at the point???
Lander and Phinisee at guard could be outstanding. Might develop into one of the best in the country if either of them are reliable shooters from 3.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I hesitate to expect a 17 year old to dominate, but he will certainly contribute. I expect to see him play a fair amount at the 2 position with Rob being the primary 1. Let's not heap too high of expectations on him....least of all to give the trolls more ammo....

Yeah the kid is 160 soaking wet and trying to play up a year.

That's quite the jump.

At his best he might have an Austin Hagens impact (he was good, not great as a 17 year old point guard) but my guess would be a Yogi freshman year impact, maybe a little less.

Point guard in the physical Big Ten is a tough position to walk into. Even Cassius played behind Tum Tim as a freshman.

He will shoot a better percentage from three then Romeo, can take that one to the bank. He also will show some emotion and want to. He is a cocky SOB and I love it. Second biggest recruit in Millers tenure, obviouslyto TJD.

Cocky, you say, well I like that from our guards... I think that's the reason He and Leal are such good friends, they could very well demand that everybody on the roster start playing with more passion and purpose...

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Just having another legit PG to handle the ball improves the team. Reduce the horrible turnovers for easy scores on the other end; reliable passing and setting the offense; the ability to push and score in transition all improve if Landers and Rob are both available.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Look for Lander to have a freshman year similar to Yogi's freshman year. He may have more opportunity to play and score. I don't expect him to lead the team in scoring. I suppose he could be an assist leader, but Phinisee will be the lead PG.

Right now Lander is better than any guard we have and is better than almost any in the big 10. Of course he’ll have some growing pain but his athleticism is freakish. The kid is so quick and can fly! His hall handling is tremendous as well. His shot is ok, but he’ll improve as time goes on.

Right now Lander is better than any guard we have and is better than almost any in the big 10. Of course he’ll have some growing pain but his athleticism is freakish. The kid is so quick and can fly! His hall handling is tremendous as well. His shot is ok, but he’ll improve as time goes on.

Am I wrong to think he might be thinking of staying two seasons with the Hoosiers before moving on to the big stage... If so that could be a huge boost to help Archie get his team pointed in the right direction...

He won’t have anything close to the freshman impact Romeo had. I can guarantee you that. Hopefully he will by the time he leaves though.

Landers addition comes along with some other big improvement.

Rob gets healthy....he is playing hurt this year.
Hunter is getting better. I think now he is one of IU most impactful players.
You add two more scorers who play well with Lander.
Race gets better.
Overall IU gets faster.
IU will put three shooter on the floor at all times.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
He won’t have anything close to the freshman impact Romeo had. I can guarantee you that. Hopefully he will by the time he leaves though.

you mean like score a bunch of points on a shitty percentage on a shitty team. God I hope he doesn’t have that kind of impact.

I love how some are always ready to dismiss another 5* kid we’re bringing in. What usually happens though? Every 5* kid we’ve brought in is something special, even though some have low expectations. Before this season started, C$ (what happened to him?) didn’t even have TJD starting and he’s easily our best player! I can also remember some folks were not so high on Vonleh or Bryant, but both were significant players.

If we get Lander next year he’ll be a huge get and will be a significant contributor. Five star kids don’t grow on trees and this kid is a very good ball handler, lightening quick athlete and a great competitor.

This is another prime example of delusional posts. Phinisee who struggles, and the 5 star freshman will somehow become one of the best backcourts in the country. This silliness is nauseating.

I love how some are always ready to dismiss another 5* kid we’re bringing in. What usually happens though? Every 5* kid we’ve brought in is something special, even though some have low expectations. Before this season started, C$ (what happened to him?) didn’t even have TJD starting and he’s easily our best player! I can also remember some folks were not so high on Vonleh or Bryant, but both were significant players.

If we get Lander next year he’ll be a huge get and will be a significant contributor. Five star kids don’t grow on trees and this kid is a very good ball handler, lightening quick athlete and a great competitor.

5 stars that aren’t one and dones are the best thing in college basketball. Jalen Smith, Cody, TB. The 2 year players that are awesome both years, can’t beat em.

This is another prime example of delusional posts. Phinisee who struggles, and the 5 star freshman will somehow become one of the best backcourts in the country. This silliness is nauseating.
Lander is litterally the best PG in his class. Would he be in 2020 if ranked in that class? Probably not, but he would be top 5. Best back courts in the country is a stretch. Top 2 or 3 in the big ten? (Wisconsin and Rutgers will be hard to beat) I could see it. Al should be a marksman and 6th man of the year.

Like the another poster said, your reading comprehension is wretched. The guy said “might develop into . . .” Do you understand what those words mean?

The abject stupidity of some of the posters here dubiously claiming to be IU fans is something to behold.

Like the another poster said, your reading comprehension is wretched. The guy said “might develop into . . .” Do you understand what those words mean?

The abject stupidity of some of the posters here dubiously claiming to be IU fans is something to behold.
Yes- might - another word used by IU fans with low expectations. Often used in correlation with “hope “ , “maybe”, “next year”, etc. The kid may be great, but it “might” be a little too early to say they “ might “ be one of the best in the country next year. We “might “ make the tournament, or Wisconsin “might “ prevent that. CAM “might “ be a bad hire and he “might” be in over his head. Good enough?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Yes- might - another word used by IU fans with low expectations. Often used in correlation with “hope “ , “maybe”, “next year”, etc. The kid may be great, but it “might” be a little too early to say they “ might “ be one of the best in the country next year. We “might “ make the tournament, or Wisconsin “might “ prevent that. CAM “might “ be a bad hire and he “might” be in over his head. Good enough?
Good enough to prove you’re not smart enough. ;)

Lander will help, but I would say the areas that determine how good next year's team will be is in the following order.

TJD returns (getting legitimate NBA interest)
Rob gets healthy (deals with a lot of chronic pain)
Hunter becomes a starter because of his shooting
Race adds 3 point threat (good enough defense guards him)
Lander provides bk up minutes, gets the ball to players right spots.
Franklin continues progression.
Geronimo provides spark off the bench. Love his potential.
Brunk improves his hedging
Galloway provides additional defensive edge to backcourt.

“Like the another poster said . . .”.

This is, in your own words, “abject stupidity”.

The question is, if Lander has a bigger impact than Romeo had, is he also a OAD? Or, because he’s a PG, and smaller he’s more likely to stick around?

Lander will help, but I would say the areas that determine how good next year's team will be is in the following order.

TJD returns (getting legitimate NBA interest)
Rob gets healthy (deals with a lot of chronic pain)
Hunter becomes a starter because of his shooting
Race adds 3 point threat (good enough defense guards him)
Lander provides bk up minutes, gets the ball to players right spots.
Franklin continues progression.
Geronimo provides spark off the bench. Love his potential.
Brunk improves his hedging
Galloway provides additional defensive edge to backcourt.
And we add another Big!!!!

Like you guaranteed us Lander was going to Louisville?

Like this guarantee?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT