ADVERTISEMENT

Next season, could Lander have a more positive effect on our "O" production than Langford ???

no, one player isn’t going to change indiana especially a high school junior playing college ball next year.
Yeah the kid is 160 soaking wet and trying to play up a year.

That's quite the jump.

At his best he might have an Austin Hagens impact (he was good, not great as a 17 year old point guard) but my guess would be a Yogi freshman year impact, maybe a little less.

Point guard in the physical Big Ten is a tough position to walk into. Even Cassius played behind Tum Tim as a freshman.
Austin Hagens

Reactions: Radio Zero
Why doesn't someone make a troll/ ignore list that can just be pinned to the top of the board? I'm guessing ignoring about 5-7 names would shrink this board in half and make it a decent place.
You would definitely be on it since you come here and never post about IU basketball. Why do you do that? Don’t you find that strange?

You would definitely be on it since you come here and never post about IU basketball. Why do you do that? Don’t you find that strange?

I do every game. There isn't much basketball discussion here, however.... and certainly none of it is remotely intelligent.

That's also rich coming from you, the queen of the trolls... 90%+ of your posts are arguing/trolling with others.

The local UK fan likes your posts, however.

I do every game. There isn't much basketball discussion here, however.... and certainly none of it is remotely intelligent.

That's also rich coming from you, the queen of the trolls... 90%+ of your posts are arguing/trolling with others.
shut up nerd

You never do. You don’t even try. You do run around and whine about other posters, making you a trol.. please go away now. Thanks.

Lander will help, but I would say the areas that determine how good next year's team will be is in the following order.

TJD returns (getting legitimate NBA interest)
Rob gets healthy (deals with a lot of chronic pain)
Hunter becomes a starter because of his shooting
Race adds 3 point threat (good enough defense guards him)
Lander provides bk up minutes, gets the ball to players right spots.
Franklin continues progression.
Geronimo provides spark off the bench. Love his potential.
Brunk improves his hedging
Galloway provides additional defensive edge to backcourt.
Lander will probably start a lot of games. TJD is already coming back and Race has a 3 point shot potential already.

Look for Lander to have a freshman year similar to Yogi's freshman year. He may have more opportunity to play and score. I don't expect him to lead the team in scoring. I suppose he could be an assist leader, but Phinisee will be the lead PG.
I think Lander will be the lead PG. Landers is the #1 PG in the nation in bv 2021. Top PG in the country is not a back-up.

Yes, but for different reasons. He is a point guard and a very good one. Imagine him with Rob and Al playing in a three guard lineup.

I'm excited for many reasons: 1) a 2nd solid ballhandler, 2) playmaker, 3) solid shooter apparently, 4) he talked about being excited to play the pick and roll game with TJD; where has that been? Another great way to get our best player the ball more? Yeah, that seems like a good strategy!

Reactions: ufo33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT