ADVERTISEMENT

Newkirk, Priller, and McSwain

I dont think the top guards in that class were lining up to come be Yogi’s backup for 2 years...

So Priller...maybe...well yeah.
But the 2-year guys in McSwain and Newkirk I dont blame any coach for getting those two to fill the roster short-term.

3 wasted senior scholarships. That is why this program is where it' at. That's all on Crean.
Don't blame Priller, those on the floor should
be on the bench, low basketball IQ & not much
effort. Where is that Coverdale clone?

I dont think the top guards in that class were lining up to come be Yogi’s backup for 2 years...

That's such a BS line of thinking. I live in NC and I can assure you the UNC fanbase doesn't wring their hands over finding backups for the top 100 kids they have at most every position. Good players want to play with other good players. For the umpteenth time I've said this, UNC had 3 top 100 PG's on their roster at 1 time, 2 of whom (Nate Britt and Joel Berry) came after Marcus Paige had the starting spot sewn up. Crean didn't recruit a complete roster. We didn't get a backup for Yogi after Remy Abell left for 2 years. It is hard to get backups if you don't pursue and offer them. The fact that Archie was after Garland after getting Phinisee tells me he understands the importance of having a complete and well rounded roster. You need a backup at every position and then a 3rd emergency type option. We weren't really left that at PG or in the post and we're going to pay for that this year and next probably.

Unless he had a huge breakthrough, it looks like Moore will also be a wasted scholarship. 0 minutes even though it was a blowout. He's barely seen the floor this season so I question whether he'll improve enough to earn minutes in the future

He is a freshmen. He needs to get in the weight room. Upper body will help him finish around the hoop.

Unless he had a huge breakthrough, it looks like Moore will also be a wasted scholarship. 0 minutes even though it was a blowout. He's barely seen the floor this season so I question whether he'll improve enough to earn minutes in the future

I do wonder why Archie re-recruited him so hard.

He's got quite a way to go to be able to contribute.

I do wonder why Archie re-recruited him so hard.

He's got quite a way to go to be able to contribute.

I don't get why people are freaking out over a freshman not playing; especially when he plays a position at the strength of our roster: post and wing. Also, he's 6'10" and was ranked around 100. If he was an impact freshman at that size, he'd have been a 5 star... it was always known he needed some time to develop. I've not given up hope that he might see some minutes as this roster is still in flux and it won't surprise me if Archie gives him time if he's earning it in practice. I'm much more bothered by our senior guards than I am the PT of our freshmen.

I'm curious what your basing your assessment on that he's got a ways to go before contributing? Have you seen reports from folks who have observed practice or the coaches?

^^^Excellent^^^
Current Non CTC was guilty of filling the roster with last second players who had not business playing D1 ball.

Reactions: Tegray1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT