ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly the entire SEC has ALREADY announced that..

It's good to see so many Democrats getting religion!

Who says miracles don't happen?
Not that it's any of your business but, prior to Trump, I was a registered Republican for twenty years. I've never been a Democrat.

It's unfortunate that you view everything through a partisan lens. You should probably take it to the Water Cooler. Then again, that's probably not such a good idea. You'd get eaten alive over there.

Not that it's any of your business but, prior to Trump, I was a registered Republican for twenty years. I've never been a Democrat.

It's unfortunate that you view everything through a partisan lens. You should probably take it to the Water Cooler. Then again, that's probably not such a good idea. You'd get eaten alive over there.

I just watched an eloquent, statesmanlike, non partisan performance by a South Carolina Senator in the public hearings effectively cast a snarky, partisan and totally political Senator from Virginia as a slam dunk to play Ebenezeer Scrooge in the 2020 version of “A Christmas Carol.”

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC

I hear you. I was too young to vote for Reagan in '80, but voted every election since GOP until I voted for neither in the last election. Trump's appearance at the Lincoln Memorial makes me question the existence of the afterlife. It surely seems if there were a just God the marble Lincoln would've stood up and swatted that pig of a human into the tidal pool....

One last thought, no party has a monopoly on virtue.

Yea, not that it's any of our business but you're going to post it anyway. As for the water cooler isn't that the place where basement dwellers with 30K+ messages back up their post with left wing website drivel?

It's not me who has the partisan bent.

You just admitted you do.

Why would I want to wade into that cesspool? The only thing that would eat me alive over there is scabies from associating with them.

Why don't you take your own advice?

Yea, not that it's any of our business but you're going to post it anyway. As for the water cooler isn't that the place where basement dwellers with 30K+ messages back up their post with left wing website drivel?
I love the "I used to be a Republican before Trump" line.

Whether he was or not, I couldn't care less. I look at Trump's opposition and I see nothing but swamp politics. Trump has never been a politician. Why wouldn't I vote for him vs anything the Democrats put up? Because he can get away with having sex with multiple women and marry beautiful women?

LIke Trump is the only one who does that. He doesn't drink or do drugs. He's made a fortune on his brand, which he was developing before anyone ever thought of 'branding'. And he's been hounded for the last 3 years by political scoundrels who can't believe he legitimiately won the election.

He's not a saint, but he's no worse morally than what we've been voting on for the last 60 years (except Jimmy Carter - that turned out well, didn't it).

I spend 2 weeks in DC for a Reserve committment in 1981. I couldn't believe how the newspapers there covered nothing outside the Beltway. I can see why people change when they get there.

So, let the Trump haters vote for Biden. If they prefer someone who drools in his cereal, that's their problem.

Whether he was or not, I couldn't care less. I look at Trump's opposition and I see nothing but swamp politics. Trump has never been a politician. Why wouldn't I vote for him vs anything the Democrats put up? Because he can get away with having sex with multiple women and marry beautiful women?

LIke Trump is the only one who does that. He doesn't drink or do drugs. He's made a fortune on his brand, which he was developing before anyone ever thought of 'branding'. And he's been hounded for the last 3 years by political scoundrels who can't believe he legitimiately won the election.

He's not a saint, but he's no worse morally than what we've been voting on for the last 60 years (except Jimmy Carter - that turned out well, didn't it).

I spend 2 weeks in DC for a Reserve committment in 1981. I couldn't believe how the newspapers there covered nothing outside the Beltway. I can see why people change when they get there.

So, let the Trump haters vote for Biden. If they prefer someone who drools in his cereal, that's their problem.
You might not run too far with the “Trump doesn’t do drugs” mantra

Stories from the crew of the Apprentice that the guy snorts adderall, which dates back before he ever got into politics. Actually would explain his erratic behavior, differences in speech patterns, and constant “sniffing” he often does in his press conferences.

Stories from the crew of the Apprentice that the guy snorts adderall, which dates back before he ever got into politics. Actually would explain his erratic behavior, differences in speech patterns, and constant “sniffing” he often does in his press conferences.
OK, so you're basing your accusation on some rumor from the Apprentice.... Think about that for a second.

Does that mean Biden does a lot of pot, since he can't remember what planet he's on?

Reactions: vesuvius13
OK, so you're basing your accusation on some rumor from the Apprentice.... Think about that for a second.

Does that mean Biden does a lot of pot, since he can't remember what planet he's on?
As I said, this was before he was in politics. Not sure what the motivation would be for making it up ‍♂️

As I said, this was before he was in politics. Not sure what the motivation would be for making it up ‍♂️
Really? You can't imagine why someone would make something up about Trump?

Ever heard of the Mueller investigation and the accusations of Trump colluding with the Russians?

If I had a kid in an SEC school that apparently puts football before students I’d be urging him/her to go somewhere else. It’s conceivable kids could safely be on campus this fall but nobody can truthfully claim that now.

Danc, if only you would just shoot yourself in the foot. Instead you continually shoot yourself in the nuts!

Reactions: IU73
Two things I've been thinking lately. I keep hearing "America first" from people who forget that "we're ALL Americans first." People want to put "their" America first. People of both parties (but one in particular) have higher favorability ratings for other countries than the "other party."

I don't know how one can wrap themselves in the flag, but despise so many people that live in America. It seems like they only like the part of America's ideals that allows them to do whatever the heck they want without having to worry about anything/anyone else.

Maybe I'm different, but I vote for what I believe to be in the best interest of everyone and not how it necessarily affects me. As a white dude living in Carmel, I think I'll be taken care of no matter who is in office. That's just me.

Danc, if only you would just shoot yourself in the foot. Instead you continually shoot yourself in the nuts!
You should be less interested in my body parts and start being honest with yourself.

Two things I've been thinking lately. I keep hearing "America first" from people who forget that "we're ALL Americans first." People want to put "their" America first. People of both parties (but one in particular) have higher favorability ratings for other countries than the "other party."

I don't know how one can wrap themselves in the flag, but despise so many people that live in America. It seems like they only like the part of America's ideals that allows them to do whatever the heck they want without having to worry about anything/anyone else.

Maybe I'm different, but I vote for what I believe to be in the best interest of everyone and not how it necessarily affects me."
This sounds almost too logical! IMO, There has been too much party affiliation the last several years, leading to more and more negative banter and hatred, US vs THEM, when we are all US.

they will have students on campus this fall. That's how determined they are to play football. Not to be....selfish, insensitive & all of those things, but I do hope the entire country is able to do the same by August. I think the situation is likely to improve considerably between now & then, but will it be enough? We'll see.

Covid is hysteria and college should absolutely open up in the fall.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
This sounds almost too logical! IMO, There has been too much party affiliation the last several years, leading to more and more negative banter and hatred, US vs THEM, when we are all US.
You consider this logic? This was 100 percent an emotional based post.

I don't think the governor controls the count. Deaths are reported to the local coroner and then that info goes to places like the CDC. If there was a large difference between what the CDC says and what the Governor (via state health departments) says, the media would be all over it.

I agree politics may play into it, but only to raise the number via 'assumed' Covid-19 deaths (not tested). The verified virus deaths would be hard to hide , in this environment.

Here's the thing, and it's been reported here. Mortality rates for anyone under 60 are just extremely rare. I don't have the link, but I saw where 80% of deaths are those 80+.

I'm 65 and a cancer patient in remission. By all accounts, I'm high risk, although I don't have pulmonary issues). If IU said I need a clean bill of health to go to games, I'd get one. Wear a mask? Fine. (but I don't want the government requiring me to wear one when i leave the house) But those not in risk categories have very little to fear.

I think he is referring to this

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-death-toll-to-count-victims-not-hospitalized

Reactions: DANC
If he's changed his mind on that, what's to say he won't change his mind again? Did some big scientific finding come out between now and then?

He's following the trend, just like everyone else is.

If they were that effective, why aren't we opening everything up and requiring everyone to wear a mask?

Exactly dude. It's insane just how many incompetent people get in positions of power especially in govt. These dudes are all over the place because they are weak. I see it all the time in business. Go with the herd because it is better to be wrong with the majority than be right with the minority. Make your language as vague as possible so if you are proven wrong later you can explain it away.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and IU73
Covid is hysteria and college should absolutely open up in the fall.
It's so hard to tell what to believe. I think it is a very serious illness, but I don't think remaining closed accomplishes much at this point. Is counterproductive, even.

I deal with numbers and even the inflated numbers show this is not what is being described. I agree with Elon Musk when he said that it weirdly looks like some people want it to be an epidemic.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/dow...Io2kvcE8beslVJt6lKAxlJ-5-zsGKZSGeMhLfvTdTR4Sg
Yeah, that's what I mean, in part. Some media go out of their way to only report the most dire & worst projections, only bring on experts that believe in the most severe presentation of the virus. It has to be intentional, & political, imo. Then again, when you look around the world & see the precautions other nations are taking, most are significantly more oppressive than ours are, so....it's confusing.

Surely nobody would use a pandemic to accomplish any ambitions?
This is exactly correct. So much naked ambition is being shown it's fking comical and if you cant see it you probably shouldnt be voting as no other person should be held accountable for your lack of ability to see reality. The worst is the Michigan Gov(Please uncle Joe pick me as VP).

If you want to get rid of Trump give us a better alternative. You didn't in 2016, and it doesn't look like you are in 2020 either. It's no more complicated than that.

Hillary would have been been better than Adolf Trump. Biden is the better option in 2020...of course bozo the clown is a better option than Trump.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Hillary would have been been better than Adolf Trump. Biden is the better option in 2020...of course bozo the clown is a better option than Trump.
The most accurate description of the administration comes from George Conway: "It's a sh*tshow in a dumpster fire."

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Any functioning adult.
If he's not a grifter and a pathological liar, he's a better choice than the current shmuck. It would also be nice if he cared about facts, could articulate a comprehensive thought and take criticism like an adult (rather than a 12-year-old).

If he had enough self-awareness to not allow himself to be orange, that would be icing on the cake.

Thirteen sailors on the USS Teddy Roosevelt just tested positive a second time for COVID after going through quarantine and a rigorous testing process. That's really bad news for all of us and makes me (I took one biology class in college) very concerned about the viability of a vaccine and even more skeptical about herd immunity. It renders antibody tests fairly meaningless. Hopefully, there was a testing error, but that is a HUGE recurrence rate...among our healthiest citizens.

Thirteen sailors on the USS Teddy Roosevelt just tested positive a second time for COVID after going through quarantine and a rigorous testing process. That's really bad news for all of us and makes me (I took one biology class in college) very concerned about the viability of a vaccine and even more skeptical about herd immunity. It renders antibody tests fairly meaningless. Hopefully, there was a testing error, but that is a HUGE recurrence rate...among our healthiest citizens.

Or is it possible that the virus persists in the body like chickenpox and other viruses that lay dormant. The REAL question is even if they tested positive are they contagious?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT