ADVERTISEMENT

My idea on how to fix this team.

I would shake up the lineup. I would go with this.

S-5

Phinisee
Langford
Anderson
Morgan
Moore

Bench rotation

Smith
Durham
Green
Davis/Forrester

Now. Initially this will cost us defensively. We arent defending that well anyways. Let this 5 grow together on defense. It also gives us more length and rebounding in the starting 5. Anderson is probably our best 3 pt shooter. He can score. I like Moore at the 5 spot because than Morgan no longer has to matchup with a 5 on defense. Moore offers more length. This also allows us to use Smith as a super sub. It creates less opportunities for Green to get us off to a bad start. And we can weed out the 2 Seniors that provide nothing every game for 2 guys like Moore and Anderson that we desperately need to develop. If we arent going to win a ton of games, now is the time to work on 2019-2020.

JMO.
They have to play through this slump. We aren't adding any new players. Hopefully we won't lose anyone else and the team can gain some consistency. Those that are playing and practicing well should play. Those that have shown improvement should be given the chance to show they can play. I love McBob, but he should play fewer minutes. They can be important minutes and I have no problem with him starting if he helps the other 4 players get off to a better start.

We have seen Fitzner play. He isn't helping us and and hasn't since the Duke game. I would rather see Forrester and Moore play. When they screw up, they can at least learn from it and get better. Fitzner isn't going to get better.

You know quickly if good Green has shown up. Bad Green should sit on the end of the bench with Fitzner. Tell Damezi what you expect from him and let him play as long as he listens. If not, There will always be space by Fitzner.

I would use Romeo at the point more. I want him to have the ball in his hands. The more he has the ball, the more chances for him to get to the basket.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
I would shake up the lineup. I would go with this.

S-5

Phinisee
Langford
Anderson
Morgan
Moore

Bench rotation

Smith
Durham
Green
Davis/Forrester

Now. Initially this will cost us defensively. We arent defending that well anyways. Let this 5 grow together on defense. It also gives us more length and rebounding in the starting 5. Anderson is probably our best 3 pt shooter. He can score. I like Moore at the 5 spot because than Morgan no longer has to matchup with a 5 on defense. Moore offers more length. This also allows us to use Smith as a super sub. It creates less opportunities for Green to get us off to a bad start. And we can weed out the 2 Seniors that provide nothing every game for 2 guys like Moore and Anderson that we desperately need to develop. If we arent going to win a ton of games, now is the time to work on 2019-2020.

JMO.
Need scoring, try playing someone off the bench that can score, Anderson.

His son was originally a Crean recruit.
Perea 2.0 minus getting arrested for drinking/partying.
But remember when he supposedly had a higher vertical than any player in the history of the NBA combine? I was promised he would be the difference maker this year.

They have to play through this slump. We aren't adding any new players. Hopefully we won't lose anyone else and the team can gain some consistency. Those that are playing and practicing well should play. Those that have shown improvement should be given the chance to show they can play. I love McBob, but he should play fewer minutes. They can be important minutes and I have no problem with him starting if he helps the other 4 players get off to a better start.

We have seen Fitzner play. He isn't helping us and and hasn't since the Duke game. I would rather see Forrester and Moore play. When they screw up, they can at least learn from it and get better. Fitzner isn't going to get better.

You know quickly if good Green has shown up. Bad Green should sit on the end of the bench with Fitzner. Tell Damezi what you expect from him and let him play as long as he listens. If not, There will always be space by Fitzner.

I would use Romeo at the point more. I want him to have the ball in his hands. The more he has the ball, the more chances for him to get to the basket.

Pin This

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT