ADVERTISEMENT

We need to realize how bad this Nebraska Team is

jlasson

Freshman
Jun 24, 2021
To put it briefly, I feel like we definitely could've won this game, especially if our wide receivers were healthy(boy was that a fun surprise). It honestly looked like a pretty even football game, and we just gave it away on a few sloppy plays. But this isn't Cincy, Nebraska is an awful football team, before tonight I'd watched around 10 quarters of UNL and I can definitely say, they are as bad as they look on paper. Any respectable football team should be able to put up 30 points on UNL(with no defensive or ST scores).

We all know the IU offense has A LOT of issues, but let's not scoff at the fact that the difference in the game can be chalked up to two massive gash plays and a sloppy turnover, only a week after the we had the exact same problem. Those big plays should not have been possible given they were the downfall of us last week against a better team. So many problems it's hard to go into all of them in one thread, but I see this two ways, either we really didn't execute on both sides of the ball or we are just a bad football team(to sum it up briefly). Hard for me to believe it was the former given what I know about this UNL team and what I saw tonight.

Reactions: IUgradman
Georgia Southern hung 45 on them,they are terrible and we are worse.
If this school was serious about football Allen would be fired before they get back to Bloomington.
While I understand the sentiment, that's pretty dramatic. Indiana is not a good enough program to expect to go on the road to any conference opponent and expect a win or their fired. The AD doesn't invest enough in this program to have that expecatation.

Not defending Allen or this performance but from a financial and logical perspective, there's no chance Allen gets fired midseason. Him potentially being fired should definitely be a real conversation if we don't win another game all year, and I'm not going to lie, our easiest opponent that's left now is Rutgers on the road so I definitely don't think it's a guarantee we get to four wins.

While I understand the sentiment, that's pretty dramatic. Indiana is not a good enough program to expect to go on the road to any conference opponent and expect a win or their fired. The AD doesn't invest enough in this program to have that expecatation.

Not defending Allen or this performance but from a financial and logical perspective, there's no chance Allen gets fired midseason. Him potentially being fired should definitely be a real conversation if we don't win another game all year, and I'm not going to lie, our easiest opponent that's left now is Rutgers on the road so I definitely don't think it's a guarantee we get to four wins.
I wouldn't have let Hiller back on the bus. Then again, I would have canned him 2 years ago. TA can look in the mirror on that one. The fact that Hiller remains employed indicates TA isn't serious about winning.

I wouldn't have let Hiller back on the bus. Then again, I would have canned him 2 years ago. TA can look in the mirror on that one. The fact that Hiller remains employed indicates TA isn't serious about winning.
Hiller is a different story, he definitely should be left in Lincoln, even being generous, Allen should've fired him at the end of last year, no questions asked, I agree it shows one of two things:

1. Allen isn't serious about winning.

2. Allen has such poor judgment when it comes to making decisions about his own assistants, you question whether he should even be a P5 HC.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Well your not getting rid of Hiller unless you fire Allen.

So we shouldn’t expect to beat a team that got beat by Georgia Southern 3 weeks ago? Interesting

So we shouldn’t expect to beat a team that got beat by Georgia Southern 3 weeks ago? Interesting
I don't mean to come down harshly on you, but if I have to hear this "well, they lost to x, and beat us, so that means we are inferior to x" BS one more time. Repeat after me: TRANSITIVE WINS MEAN NOTHING IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Did you know that by the transitive property 1-11 UConn was better than UGA, last year, even though UGA would be favored by 60 if they played an actual game. In this sport you never get the same team week to week, IU was playing w/o it's top two receivers, and since UNL lost to Georgia Southern they've changed their HC and DC. Again, NOT defending this team's garbage performance yesterday, just pointing out the transitive property saying we are worse than Georgia Southern after last night means nothing, if you're going to critique IUFB, please use logical arguments, there should be plenty at your disposal, especially after last night lol.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT