ADVERTISEMENT

Murders by extremists is rising rapidly

You ever notice how things that the left calls itself eventually end up being epithets to describe them? Probably because crazy conservatives going overboard and totally not the behavior of the people who initially chose to label themselves that way.
His post is at once uninformed and moronic. we have leaders who were literally blaming the automakers for car thefts.

Yet we're #1 on the speed dial when they're defenseless and under threat of invasion.

The hypocrisy of Libs touting Ukrainian grandmothers popping Russians with homemade rifles cracks me up.

Could you even imagine trying to pitch to your military the plan of invading a country where you think every homeowner owns, and uses, guns? Would we have gone into Iraq if we knew they had gun shows every weekend in towns across the country, and at least 50% of the population was competent with a rifle, shotgun, or even a pistol? :D
Was going to post this very same thing. If we are so funny quit calling when in need of help, I'm 100% confident those relationships are a one way street. How funny would it be if when asked for aid in a hostile situation we told a country to f off and then said laugh at that?

Reactions: Crayfish57
They are both a problem and encourage a sick fascination with guns. And conservatives refuse to admit we even have a gun problem .
You can’t address the problem with typical conservative-bashing from you liberals. Making it harder for white bubbas to buy an AR won’t address black urban violence or nut cases shooting up people and places.

The problem with the gun issue is your post where you want to make it a “conservative“ problem.

There are guns all over rural areas and they aren't killing each other like you see in the cities.

This is old but it is representative of popular music in urban areas. Catchy beat, listen to what he is saying. That is drill rap, where actual criminals brag about what they are doing in the streets. The gun isn't the issue. It is a tool. The issue is guys like that.
Would you say the guns in the rural areas were legall purchased and are more likely to be licensed?

If yes, then there is a difference and, therefore, a problem.

I don't think this has to be an either/or problem. It's both things, working in conjunction.

Gang members who might have to kill with knives would kill fewer people.

I think the better way to think about this is this: we have 400+ million guns in this country now, a strong political will to keep guns legal, and a 2nd Amendment that isn't going anywhere. So focusing on that part of the problem isn't very pragmatic.

At this point, a realist needs to take the existence of guns as a given and work on the other factors.
Guns don’t work indefinitely, even with good maintenance. Yes there may be 400 million+ guns, 20 million+ AR - 15 style rifles. But if we ban the sale and maintenance of AR - 15’s tomorrow (which we should) there won’t be many left after a couple decades.

Same with handguns. If and when we come to our senses and ban all guns, there won’t be a ton of operational hand guns left after two decades. Couple that with buy backs and banning ammunition sales we could realistically solve the gun problem for the most part within a decade.

I understand the 2nd amendment argument, we need to go around it, through extra constitutional means if necessary.

As history shows, extra constitutional action and deviating from the will of the people is often necessary in pursuit of the greater good. And we all agree less gun deaths would be for the greater good.

Guns don’t work indefinitely, even with good maintenance. Yes there may be 400 million+ guns, 20 million+ AR - 15 style rifles. But if we ban the sale and maintenance of AR - 15’s tomorrow (which we should) there won’t be many left after a couple decades.

Same with handguns. If and when we come to our senses and ban all guns, there won’t be a ton of operational hand guns left after two decades. Couple that with buy backs and banning ammunition sales we could realistically solve the gun problem for the most part within a decade.

I understand the 2nd amendment argument, we need to go around it, through extra constitutional means if necessary.

As history shows, extra constitutional action and deviating from the will of the people is often necessary in pursuit of the greater good. And we all agree less gun deaths would be for the greater good.
I'm not an expert on the life of a gun, but these articles and posts state it's much longer than you think:

The number of machine shops who can manufacture replacement parts would explode.

A well-maintained weapon that isn't in constant use can last several lifetimes.

I'm not an expert on the life of a gun, but these articles and posts state it's much longer than you think:

They CAN last a long time. Obviously we would ban the sale of replacement parts as well. Think about how good the average American is at maintaining their automobile? Their home? And now think about the inbred yokels who make up the majority of firearm owners. These people are taking meticulous care of their firearm? No chance.

And it doesn’t take away from my larger point that just because the obsolescence might take some time and there are already a lot of guns in circulation, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ban firearm sales tomorrow. It’s the water in the boat analogy. Plug the leak first.

They CAN last a long time. Obviously we would ban the sale of replacement parts as well. Think about how good the average American is at maintaining their automobile? Their home? And now think about the inbred yokels who make up the majority of firearm owners. These people are taking meticulous care of their firearm? No chance.

And it doesn’t take away from my larger point that just because the obsolescence might take some time and there are already a lot of guns in circulation, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ban firearm sales tomorrow. It’s the water in the boat analogy. Plug the leak first.
See @BradStevens told ya.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Ammunition is likely the biggest factor. With black powder if you can get raw powder lead balls arent hard to make .

Some wokeness is harmless. Some if it is funny. Some if it harms minority achievement. All of it is stupid as a box of rocks. None of it improves the human condition.
And some of it is a figment of your imagination

There are no movements to put tampons in boys bathrooms.

There are no movements to defund police forces. It was an ill-advised slogan that meant get the police out of doing things that they are not trained to do, like managing mental health situations where professionals would do a better job. Shift money to pay those professionals.

There has never been any movement to ban gas stoves. There was a study that showed negative environmental impacts. Period.

Nobody knows what you mean by the false allegation of widespread criticism of math, science and human accomplishments because of “Whiteness". If there is any "side" that is unduly critical of math and science in general, it is the anti-woke conspiracy mongers on the right.

I am sure that you could go on. Your list of imagined grievances seems almost inexhaustable.

"Woke" seems to be any imagined idea that gives you a "get off my lawn" old white guy response.

Last edited:

Would it possibly be easier to just make a law that it is illegal to kill someone? This is just me bargaining with you. Maybe we meet in the middle. Don't kill someone with a gun. Deal?

Ans some of it is a figment of your imagination

There are no movements to defund police forces. It was an ill-advised slogan that meant get the police out of doing things that they are not trained to do, like managing mental health situations where professionals would do a better job. Shift money to pay those professionals.

There has never been any movement to ban gas stoves. There was a study that showed negative environmental impacts. Period.

Nobody knows what you mean by the false allegation of widespread criticism of math, science and human accomplishments because of “Whiteness". If there is any "side" that is unduly critical of math and science in general, it is the anti-woke conspiracy mongers on the right.

I am sure that you could go on. Your list of imagined grievances seems almost inexhaustable.

"Woke" seems to be any imagined idea that gives you a "get off my lawn" old white guy response.
shifting money from funding cops is absolutely defunding police. police budgets have been cut in cities all over america. cori bush is in the most dangerous city in america still calling for defunding the police.

Reactions: dbmhoosier and DANC
shifting money from funding cops is absolutely defunding police. police budgets have been cut in cities all over america. cori bush is in the most dangerous city in america still calling for defunding the police.
There was absolutely a movement to put tampons in boys bathrooms in Oregon too on a side note.

Reactions: DANC
Ans some of it is a figment of your imagination

Amen my Conservative brother. I had thought for a second that Ben Shapiro or Thomas Sowell had created a thehoosier.com account. But alas, it’s just principled board conservative Outside Shooter.

The point is that we can’t ban firearm sales tomorrow or in the foreseeable future.

Since we live in a world of limited political will, let’s use it to affect change that has a chance of happening and that moves us in the right direction.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

Mother of God are you Canadien?

Yet China has 4X the population and is somehow able to manage this problem.
confused-perplexed.gif

You are absolutely right about that.

That’s not gonna happen. The fact that you would tell me to stop talking about it and the fact that a majority of Americans fall on my side of this issue confirms what we already knew about you and is proof of what many in this thread are saying.
What do you mean the majority of Americans fall in “your side”? Site that please. I refuse to believe that a majority of Americans are ignorant and lack empathy for their fellow human beings .

• Haha
Yet we're #1 on the speed dial when they're defenseless and under threat of invasion.

The hypocrisy of Libs touting Ukrainian grandmothers popping Russians with homemade rifles cracks me up.

Could you even imagine trying to pitch to your military the plan of invading a country where you think every homeowner owns, and uses, guns? Would we have gone into Iraq if we knew they had gun shows every weekend in towns across the country, and at least 50% of the population was competent with a rifle, shotgun, or even a pistol? :D
Those are kind of two distinct and separate issues, aren’t they?

• Haha
We've got a couple posters here from Ft. Wayne who have rarely been outside that town who think they have worldly knowledge.

They've never experienced life first-hand and only know what they read.
Lol. Yup there sure are. I don’t think this means what you think it does though.

• Haha

Per the bolded, we have the guns to use on people like you should you ever take the government.

"Woke": An ideology/secular religion that overwhelmingly views the world through the lens of both intersectionality and cultural Marxism. The ideology is often expressed through social bullying and forced conformity. Strict adherence to all of the current tenets is strictly enforced and those not 100% on board are expelled as heretics.
Or woke: a person who is ridiculed for showing empathy and compassion for those not exactly like themselves. If one can’t understand something, or disagrees with it, then it must be woke. Overused by conservatives to the point it has no meaning.

• Haha
According to you people being a man or woman is no longer considered being a man or woman. When you ascribe to no truth, you cease being worth listening to. You are children who make up the rules to suit your emotions in the moment.

People who ascribe to this neo-transgender nonsense shouldn't be compromised with and coddled, they should be laughed at.

Who lacks empathy except the ones that make the decision to use the weapon. OR the knife. Or the bomb. Or whatever means necessary to accomplish the act of mental illness they are setting out to do. Its not the weapons fault. Its the decision makers fault.

Use public hangings for people that wanna carry out these acts of violence and lets see how much longer it continues. Broadcast it live during primetime.
That’s not what the particular discussion was about.

• Haha
According to you people being a man or woman is no longer considered being a man or woman. When you ascribe to no truth, you cease being worth listening to. You are children who make up the rules to suit your emotions in the moment.

People who ascribe to this neo-transgender nonsense shouldn't be compromised with and coddled, they should be laughed at.
You need to read up on the difference between sex and gender. Once again in your own bubble, once again ridiculing those you don’t understand. Once again , dismissing science. Once again, one of these days you’ll actually know someone who doesn’t fit your normal little mold.

What do you mean the majority of Americans fall in “your side”? Site that please. I refuse to believe that a majority of Americans are ignorant and lack empathy for their fellow human beings .
Wait, you don’t believe that a majority of Americans don’t think young children should be given puberty blockers? Really?

I don’t believe that.

It’s literally a 10 second google search. Which I’m not going to do for you because it wouldn’t do any good anyway. You are too far gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT