ADVERTISEMENT

Mullins Interview on Coyle's Show

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
The highlight for me was Jim trying to dig up some info with some pointed questions and Mullins stated he, Sisley, and Moreno have openly talked together about joining forces and commiting to the same school possibly.

Reactions: 76-1
The highlight for me was Jim trying to dig up some info with some pointed questions and Mullins stated he, Sisley, and Moreno have openly talked together about joining forces and commiting to the same school possibly.

I hope the weekend of September 20th goes well, when all three visit IU together.

I appreciate Coyle's commitment to IU and the guests he gets, but he's tough to listen to as an interviewer. Possibly the most ADHD person I've ever heard. Write out a few questions and for heaven's sake; let your guests talk!

I appreciate Coyle's commitment to IU and the guests he gets, but he's tough to listen to as an interviewer. Possibly the most ADHD person I've ever heard. Write out a few questions and for heaven's sake; let your guests talk!
I don’t recall him ever having a female guest. That should be a big deal. Some of his guest are great. Some - not so much. Talk about some other sports. And nobody cares what they all did last weekend.

Agree 1000%. He has the best guests too. What irritates me most is his voice inflections. Just talk normally. I can't watch him.

If we get one of them I think that’s fine if the rest of the class is strong/fits what we need.

Then are we to assume zero chance for IU, too? Know something we don’t?
The Sleepers guys just did a profile on Sisley, and acknowledged they think he'll stay in IN for school, but both felt PU leads. I think we'd have been fine if it weren't for what appeared like a swoon, both on recruiting Sisley and apparently on keeping up with McNeeley. Inexplicable if that truly happened.

It feels like we are rebuilding with Sisley and I think are in good shape for Mullins. I haven't even heard PU mentioned with Moreno, but I think he'll be the toughest of the 3 to land. 1 of the 3 would be good, 2 would be a home run and 3 would be a grand slam. I'd think our hope on Moreno would rest on the "package deal" thing, so that visit weekend in September will be huge.

I'm planning to go see their team when they play in Rock Hill next month, and looking forward to it. We'll be sure to be decked out in IU gear.

Reactions: indiana ed
I don’t recall him ever having a female guest. That should be a big deal. Some of his guest are great. Some - not so much. Talk about some other sports. And nobody cares what they all did last weekend.
He may not have, but I thought he'd had Coach Moren as a guest. I don't mind if he focuses on IU football and bball though, if that's his shtick. He at least has a passion, knowledge and contacts for those programs and still struggles with interviews on those topics. I wouldn't encourage him to talk about programs he cares less about. He does mention when other programs have a notable game or achievement, as I'm sure I've heard him mention baseball and women's bball before.

The Sleepers guys just did a profile on Sisley, and acknowledged they think he'll stay in IN for school, but both felt PU leads. I think we'd have been fine if it weren't for what appeared like a swoon, both on recruiting Sisley and apparently on keeping up with McNeeley. Inexplicable if that truly happened.

It feels like we are rebuilding with Sisley and I think are in good shape for Mullins. I haven't even heard PU mentioned with Moreno, but I think he'll be the toughest of the 3 to land. 1 of the 3 would be good, 2 would be a home run and 3 would be a grand slam. I'd think our hope on Moreno would rest on the "package deal" thing, so that visit weekend in September will be huge.

I'm planning to go see their team when they play in Rock Hill next month, and looking forward to it. We'll be sure to be decked out in IU gear.
It would sting to see Sisley go to Purdue just because of his families proximity to Bloomington but I think both Mullins and Haralson are far better prospects. Get Mullins and Haralson on board and then need one of Tiller/Moreno and call it a day.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
It would sting to see Sisley go to Purdue just because of his families proximity to Bloomington but I think both Mullins and Haralson are far better prospects. Get Mullins and Haralson on board and then need one of Tiller/Moreno and call it a day.
From the outside, it feels like Haralson will be a much taller order than Sisley or Mullins at the moment. To me, it's felt like he wants to be recruited by "the big boys" and will wind up at a Duke, UK, UNC, KU or UConn.

From the outside, it feels like Haralson will be a much taller order than Sisley or Mullins at the moment. To me, it's felt like he wants to be recruited by "the big boys" and will wind up at a Duke, UK, UNC, KU or UConn.

Yeah, as soon as Haralson transferred to La Lumiere it felt like we lost him. I'm not sure why Woody hasn't had much luck with players there when he has had so many recruits from similar schools much further away.

The same schools recruiting Haralson are now starting to recruit Mullins. IU won't be outbid for Haralson if that's what it comes down too.

• Wow
Reactions: Zero Credibility
Go all in on the Indiana Elite kids, Haralson, and then a few other national HS kids. Plan on landing a couple of them. But then obviously be ready to hit the portal/foreign pipelines hard again next offseason.

We'll be losing Gallo, Leal, Ballo...Goode potentially won't get another year, and then I'm sure we'll have at least 1 or 2 others that leave for whatever reason. Probably 5-6 spots we'll need to be replacing.

Moreno and Mullins, and get the rest via portal...and that'd be just fine.

The same schools recruiting Haralson are now starting to recruit Mullins. IU won't be outbid for Haralson if that's what it comes down too.
Yeah, but feels to me like Mullins is more receptive to IN schools, than Haralson. Coyle seems to have an in with the IN Elite kids and I think has posted personal interviews with all 3. Don't think he's done one with Haralson.

Go all in on the Indiana Elite kids, Haralson, and then a few other national HS kids. Plan on landing a couple of them. But then obviously be ready to hit the portal/foreign pipelines hard again next offseason.

We'll be losing Gallo, Leal, Ballo...Goode potentially won't get another year, and then I'm sure we'll have at least 1 or 2 others that leave for whatever reason. Probably 5-6 spots we'll need to be replacing.

Moreno and Mullins, and get the rest via portal...and that'd be just fine.
I'm mentally preparing to replace in the rotation:

-Ballo
-Mgbako
-Galloway
-Goode

Haralson would seemingly get the majority of Mgbako's minutes, Tiller/Moreno would be good enough to start at the other front court position alongside Reneau although I still see Woodson going after a portal big (still plenty of minutes for either coming off the bench in that scenario), and then Mullins getting Galloway's 6th man minutes.

Last edited:
I'm mentally preparing to replace in the rotation:

-Ballo
-Mgbako
-Galloway
-Goode

Haralson would seemingly get the majority of Mgbako's minutes, Tiller/Moreno would be good enough to start at the other front court position alongside Reneau although I still see Woodson going after a portal big (still plenty of minutes for either coming off the bench in that scenario), and then Mullins getting Galloway's 6th man minutes.
Tucker/Newton could have something to say about getting Mack's wing minutes. We actually could be setup for a really solid multi year run with our backcourt and wings.

Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, Cupps, and Newton could all be integral to this year's teams success, AND return the following year...and heck...maybe even the year after that. Doesn't usually pan out that way, but outside Tucker maybe, none of the rest jump off the page as likely NBA guys.

Tucker/Newton could have something to say about getting Mack's wing minutes. We actually could be setup for a really solid multi year run with our backcourt and wings.

Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, Cupps, and Newton could all be integral to this year's teams success, AND return the following year...and heck...maybe even the year after that. Doesn't usually pan out that way, but outside Tucker maybe, none of the rest jump off the page as likely NBA guys.
It's a good problem to have but Harlason will play 30+ minutes wherever he goes. I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, Cupps, and Newton could all be integral to this year's teams success,

Come on now...... If Cupps is playing this year we are screwed

Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, Cupps, and Newton could all be integral to this year's teams success,

Come on now...... If Cupps is playing this year we are screwed
We're not "screwed" if Cupps is playing. We're "screwed" if he's starting and we don't have a viable backup for him. And/or we're "screwed" if the other perimeter players around him aren't capable of making plays he sets them up to make. Cupps has proven he can thrive, and be a key component of VERY high level basketball teams. He'll be fine the rest of his IU career.

He defended well overall, as a true freshman. He'll be a high level perimeter defender for the remainder of his IU career. The ball also doesn't stick in his hands. So when he's playing with 4 guys that are more capable of making plays, that willingness and ability to keep the ball moving, will pay dividends. And we'll see that this upcoming season, I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play close to 20 minutes in a lot of games.

It's a good problem to have but Harlason will play 30+ minutes wherever he goes. I feel pretty confident in saying that.
He'll be a main rotation guy, probably a starter, wherever he goes...definitely. But I'd be surprised if Haralson played that many minutes with guys like Tucker and Newton sitting on the bench.

If he averages more than 17 mins a game we miss the tourney.
Arbitrary number there.

Not sure there'll be enough minutes available for him to average that many minutes. But he'll still be viewed as an integral part of our success... Some games he'll play 8-10 minutes...some he'll play 20+...I suspect.

He'll be a plus defender.
He'll facilitate ball and player movement.
He pushes the pace up the floor very well...Ballo runs well, he'll get layups because of Gabe's pace of play.
And he is actually a pretty good spot up 3 point shooter.

We could do A LOT worse with the 10-15 ish minutes he'll likely end up getting.

Purdue as it stands now has 1 scholarship available for that class. The chance he oversigns by 2 is slim to none.
If all three came up to Painter announced as a packaged deal or no deal, he would find a way to accommodate all three. I believe the method used is a rather ruthless way at Purdue, currently described as “Pork chopping”. It apparently has much in common with IU’s “Creaning” method of bygone days.

• Wow
Reactions: Zero Credibility
If all three came up to Painter announced as a packaged deal or no deal, he would find a way to accommodate all three. I believe the method used is a rather ruthless way at Purdue, currently described as “Pork chopping”. It apparently has much in common with IU’s “Creaning” method of bygone days.
If all three came up to Painter and told him they’d commit as a package deal, then sure, I’d figure he’d find a way to make it work. But Painter isn’t recruiting aggressively enough to land two of the three, let alone the trio, and that’s because he only has 1 available scholarship. Purdue just offered Mullins in the last couple weeks and are way in the back of the pack and while Moreno was offered once upon a time, not sure there’s regular contact between both parties.

Arbitrary number there.

Not sure there'll be enough minutes available for him to average that many minutes. But he'll still be viewed as an integral part of our success... Some games he'll play 8-10 minutes...some he'll play 20+...I suspect.

He'll be a plus defender.
He'll facilitate ball and player movement.
He pushes the pace up the floor very well...Ballo runs well, he'll get layups because of Gabe's pace of play.
And he is actually a pretty good spot up 3 point shooter.

We could do A LOT worse with the 10-15 ish minutes he'll likely end up getting.
And he's not prone to mistakes and turnovers. Has the roundball IQ, just not as quick, tall, fast as some. While we clearly recruited over him, he won't be a liability.

We'll lose 5 to eligibility. Rice is the only can't miss first rounder next year.
We'll spend alot on retention. Reneau, Mgbako, Tucker, Carlyle, Newton and Cupps will be a strong base. Depending on scheme Moreno, Sisley or Mullins could be a starter but they all are heavy rotation guys and the backbone of the future. I'd like to add Azavier Robinson and Brisco to that and a Hatton 2.0 from the portal and develop internally a little.

I appreciate Coyle's commitment to IU and the guests he gets, but he's tough to listen to as an interviewer. Possibly the most ADHD person I've ever heard. Write out a few questions and for heaven's sake; let your guests talk!c

He sounds like Ron Burgundy's sports guy Champ Kinds.

"Trent Sisley,,,,Moreno ....Braylon..... Todd Leary WWWWHHAAAAAMY!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT