ADVERTISEMENT

Mullet Man Mayer to IL

Archie recruited a bunch of 5* players and his teams were horrible. IU has been able to get 5* talent forever but hasn’t been a blue blood for 35 years. Talent and fit matter way more than rankings. Purdue has owned you guys for years and years with 3* guys IU wouldn’t touch.

You’ve completely ignored the obvious about Crean by the way. He built a couple of good teams over his tenure but couldn’t sustain it at all. Peak and valley peak and valley. You guys hate being little brother to Purdue, but the reason they’ve owned you for so long is because they have had consistent, sustained success. Underwood has Illinois back there after over a decade of being lost in the woods with bad coaches. Maybe Woodson can do the same with IU, who knows. But I can’t see it this year. It’s a returning roster than only won 9 big ten games, added no transfers and I still can’t figure out who’s going to shoot from 3. But I guess we will all see soon enough when IU finishes 5th in conference and plays in the First Four in Dayton.
So two five star guys and one barely sniffed the floor is a lot? Oh and 5th in the league is not a first four team. You also assume no players improve.

lol gotta love the Hoosier fans boasting, bragging & reminiscing about those banners from the 70s & 80s like it just happened not all that too long ago. lol 😂 I can just picture a couple of old timer Hoosier fans sitting on the porch drinking some Wild Turkey while wearing their goofy looking candy cane strip warm up pants. Too damn funny
Which banner do you reminisce about for UI?

You’re speaking hyperbolically to make a point, and it’s a bad look. Illinois is very clearly not the 5th best team next year, and it’s had by far the best record in the conference the past several seasons, including a Big Ten title (maybe 2 without Michigan COVID dodging…), BTT title and a #1 seed. That’s not “mediocre,” and you wouldn’t paint it as such if Woodson accomplished any of that next season, regardless of what happens in the Second Round of the NCAAs. (Actually, maybe you would in some lame attempt to blow smoke up your ass about high Notre Dame, err, I mean Indiana’s expectations are.)

Anywho, last year, Illinois and Purdue both split with Indiana and had significantly better records/seeds. PU made a Sweet Sixteen, but Illinois hung a conference championship banner … and Illinois will be much better than PU this year, with far better recruiting of late. Not sure what your leg to stand on comment literally means, lol, other than the hypothesis (anecdotally confirmed) that people in your state are rather ignorant of what goes on outside of it.
Illinois’s recent success (the last 3 years) has been mediocre. You say I wouldn’t say the same about Woodson, however I literally said Tom Crean’s success at IU was mediocre and he had far more success at IU than Underwood has had at Illinois.

We know nothing about how your team will be this year as it’s a bunch of players who have never played together and most (all but two) haven’t received any notable minutes at the college level. The two that have received minutes have been decent. One made B1G honorable mention and the other didn’t even make that.

The only PG on your roster is a true freshman with an injury history that hasn’t played in a few years. Expecting him to come out and set the world on fire is ignorant at best.

Purdue has a leg to stand on, because they’ve had far more success overall and against IU over the last decade. IU split with both of you last year, and then you both lost the majority of your team. Purdue does at least have star power returning as Edey will be an All American.

Maybe this will be the year Underwood finally makes the Sweet 16.

• Haha
Reactions: Illinisully
For one they had their best shot and blew it. Both had their best rosters in a decade/decades and still couldn’t win anything significant.
lol Illinois literally just won the share of the Big Ten title this past season. Its hilarious watching you hoosier fans acting all cocky as hell after barely getting into the tournament after missing it 6 years straight only to get absolutely humiliated in the 1st round in a 29 point loss to a team that calls themselves the Gaels 🤣 actually in their defense, the Gaels sounds less goofy than Hoosiers. No clue what either means or looks like.

Reactions: Mister G
Nightman punks the fk out of you regularly, doesn't he?
^^^
old timer hoosier fan doesn't get an Its Always Sunny reference and follows it up with a beyond cringe attempt at smack talk (all while not being able to refute a single thing the poster said in regards to a discussion about basketball) . smh

Last edited:
For the Illinois fanboys here who think they are contenders this year.

lol I never stated that Illinois would be automatic FF contenders next season (so much has to go a team's way in order to get there. Its called March Madness for a reason you know.) I don't think its too far fetched that Illinois will be one of the top contenders in the Big Ten though.
And btw, just because a number of your veteran players are returning, it doesn't mean they are anywhere near close to being on the same level as the studs that are at Kansas or North Carolina.
So two five star guys and one barely sniffed the floor is a lot? Oh and 5th in the league is not a first four team. You also assume no players improve.

You are also assuming no Illini players improve.
We know nothing about how your team will be this year as it’s a bunch of players who have never played together and most (all but two) haven’t received any notable minutes at the college level. The two that have received minutes have been decent. One made B1G honorable mention and the other didn’t even make that.

The only PG on your roster is a true freshman with an injury history that hasn’t played in a few years. Expecting him to come out and set the world on fire is ignorant at best.

Purdue has a leg to stand on, because they’ve had far more success overall and against IU over the last decade. IU split with both of you last year, and then you both lost the majority of your team. Purdue does at least have star power returning as Edey will be an All American.

Maybe this will be the year Underwood finally makes the Sweet 16.

lol at you acting like having success against IU as of late is some impressive accomplishment for either Illinois or Purdue. Because its definitely not. Hell, you guys haven't beaten "little brother" Purdue for 5 years and when you guys finally did your fans all rushed the court. 🤣 Also we kicked the living shit out of you guys easily at your place too. (74-57). Again, I'm not even bragging about any of that because your program has been either mediocre or down right awful for nearly a decade now.

Last edited:
lol I never stated that Illinois would be automatic FF contenders next season (so much has to go a team's way in order to get there. Its called March Madness for a reason you know.) I don't think its too far fetched that Illinois will be one of the top contenders in the Big Ten though.
And btw, just because a number of your veteran players are returning, it doesn't mean they are anywhere near close to being on the same level as the studs that are at Kansas or North Carolina.

lol at you acting like having success against IU as of late is some impressive accomplishment for either Illinois or Purdue. Because its definitely not. Hell, you guys haven't beaten "little brother" Purdue for 5 years and when you guys finally did your fans all rushed the court. 🤣 Also we kicked the living shit out of you guys easily at your place too. (74-57). Again, I'm not even bragging about any of that because your program has been either mediocre or down right awful for nearly a decade now.
But here you are. Bragging.

lol Illinois literally just won the share of the Big Ten title this past season. Its hilarious watching you hoosier fans acting all cocky as hell after barely getting into the tournament after missing it 6 years straight only to get absolutely humiliated in the 1st round in a 29 point loss to a team that calls themselves the Gaels 🤣 actually in their defense, the Gaels sounds less goofy than Hoosiers. No clue what either means or looks like.
Not one time have I acted cocky. You are coming over here to validate a team that had the best shot in years and floundered. So go run back to that ghost town of a board and giggle.

^^^
old timer hoosier fan doesn't get an Its Always Sunny reference and follows it up with a beyond cringe attempt at smack talk (all while not being able to refute a single thing the poster said in regards to a discussion about basketball) . smh
Always Sunny sucks.

Illinois will be the 4th or 5th best team in the league next year depending on how the schedule falls.

You have a freshman PG with a history of injuries and no backup PG. On the wing you have your only two good players in Mayer and Shannon. One of which performed well enough last year to be honorable mention All Big 12. The other hasn’t even received that in his 3 years in college. You really have no 5 as Dainja just isn’t very good. No one to back him up when he undoubtedly disappoints.

You must have missed where I said Purdue has had far more success overall AND against IU. You talking shit about IU over the last decade is quite hilarious considering IU is 11-8 against you in that time. Just like Crean with Zeller, you will learn your place again in the B1G without Kofi (even with your team trying to buy every player with a pulse). Take away the Kofi years and we were 10-4 against you over the last decade. I would guess a sweep is likely this year. TJD will absolutely dominate. I’m guessing Clark will have his 10th ACL tear by that time as well.

Not one time have I acted cocky. You are coming over here to validate a team that had the best shot in years and floundered. So go run back to that ghost town of a board and giggle.
Yup he's got nothing to brag about at the Silli site. He can only roll stones on competitor threads cause he's not able to throw. It is most humorous reading his crap. LOL

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yup he's got nothing to brag about at the Silli site. He can only roll stones on competitor threads cause he's not able to throw. It is most humorous reading his crap. LOL
I mean just the spin and thought he put into those rants. 11-8 in arguably the worst stretch in IU history isn’t anything to brag about.

I mean just the spin and thought he put into those rants. 11-8 in arguably the worst stretch in IU history isn’t anything to brag about.
Also, over the last decade IU has a win percentage of 62% and 3 sweet 16s. During that same time, Illinois has a win percentage of 57% and 3 total tournament appearances and haven't made a sweet 16 in 17 years

Always Sunny sucks.
lol why am I not surprised that you think Its Always Sunny sucks. 🤣 Its Always Sunny is one of the funniest / most popular/well reviewed comedic shows of the past 20 years so you're definitely in the minority there. You must watch old reruns of The Andy Griffith Show reminiscing of the good ol days. Probably even tear up when you hear Gomer Pyle sing "Back Home in Indiana" 🤣

5 pages into this quest for validation and they still haven't answered the simple question - What has Illinois ever won?

Also, over the last decade IU has a win percentage of 62% and 3 sweet 16s. During that same time, Illinois has a win percentage of 57% and 3 total tournament appearances and haven't made a sweet 16 in 17 years
wow you guys are really really slow. I've made it quite clear that BOTH Illinois AND Indiana have been flat out mediocre to down right bad over the past decade (I even mentioned all of our horrible hires between both our programs ) In no way shape or form am I boasting and bragging over beating IU. You guys aren't a national power and haven't been for quite some time.
BUT the good news for both our programs is that there is a lot of momentum on the recruiting front for both programs for them to be quite good in the coming years. Literally thats all I was getting at and have been getting since posting on this forum.

lol why am I not surprised that you think Its Always Sunny sucks. 🤣 Its Always Sunny is one of the funniest / most popular/well reviewed comedic shows of the past 20 years so you're definitely in the minority there. You must watch old reruns of The Andy Griffith Show reminiscing of the good ol days. Probably even tear up when you hear Gomer Pyle sing "Back Home in Indiana" 🤣
dumb

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Newsflash: Archie is gone.

Pretty sad when you talk shit using Purdue because your team is actually more pathetic.. You're like a small child using your older smellier fat girl lovin' brother as a shield. Are you going to get Purdue Pete to beat us up? Weak AF.... embarrassing even.

Good luck with your second rate team of cast offs, cancers, mercenaries.. and the 2nd best guard from Montverde.
"cast offs, cancers, mercenaries" lol wut? 😂

dumb would best describe your drunken incoherent post (#156 to be exact)
Newsflash: Archie is gone.

Pretty sad when you talk shit using Purdue because your team is actually more pathetic.. You're like a small child using your older smellier fat girl lovin' brother as a shield. Are you going to get Purdue Pete to beat us up? Weak AF.... embarrassing even.

Good luck with your second rate team of cast offs, cancers, mercenaries.. and the 2nd best guard from Montverde.^^
I get a kick out of reading your posts. I just picture some backwoods southern indiana townie hick (err I meant hoosier aka someone born in the state of Indiana ) drunk as a skunk typing out some incoherent gibberish. its entertaining to say the least.

dumb would best describe your drunken incoherent post (#156 to be exact)

I get a kick out of reading your posts. I just picture some backwoods southern indiana townie hick (err I meant hoosier aka someone born in the state of Indiana ) drunk as a skunk typing out some incoherent gibberish. its entertaining to say the least.
I said go away. Talking to fans of a shabby ass second rate programs is a waste of time.

Last edited:
What does a Loyola Rambler look like? What, too soon?

• Haha
That's a perfect description of Illinois this year..

Please go away, you're too stupid to talk to.

Thanks in advance.
Who are the "mercenaries"? Who are the "cast offs" exactly? You mean the transfers? lol in case you haven't been paying attention, the transfer portal is pretty damn big and a lot of good to great players use it. And who exactly are the "cancers"? You have no links or evidence of any of that. Just baseless accusations towards our players that you know nothing about.

You should worry and hope X doesn't go over 90 mph in a 40 speed limit area and not getting arrested for his reckless driving & not cooperating with police. He's lucky Woody gave him ANOTHER chance.

What does a Loyola Rambler look like? What, too soon?
Sister-Jean-Loyola-Chicagos-101-year-old-chaplain-cleared-to-attend-NCAA-tourney.jpg

I still wake up in cold sweats sometimes. Sister Jean will forever haunt me in my dreams. lol

I said go away. Talking to fans of a shabby ass second rate program is a waste of time.
There's an ignore button. Use it if you don't want to talk to any poster that has a different opinion. I am sincerely sorry that I invaded your safe space though . I'll leave you alone now

Nope. Just stating facts. We went into your place and beat you guys like Coverdale's red headed stepchild. It wasn't even close. That's not bragging, that is a fact. The score wasn't even close (74-57) also a fact.
Are you drunk? You act like an abused child.

They try their best to be How I Met Your Mother and fall way short.

• Haha
Nope. Just stating facts. We went into your place and beat you guys like Coverdale's red headed stepchild. It wasn't even close. That's not bragging, that is a fact. The score wasn't even close (74-57) also a fact.
And all the good players from that team are gone.

• Haha
IU/Illinois BTT game ring a bell? If my memory serves, the Hoosiers won. Fact.

Reactions: rocketo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT