ADVERTISEMENT

Mullet Man Mayer to IL

lol gotta love the Hoosier fans boasting, bragging & reminiscing about those banners from the 70s & 80s like it just happened not all that too long ago. lol 😂 I can just picture a couple of old timer Hoosier fans sitting on the porch drinking some Wild Turkey while wearing their goofy looking candy cane strip warm up pants. Too damn funny
How many old dusty banners you got?

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
Cav is purely for entertainment purposes. He’s the team’s biggest cheerleader, so he gets a bit of credit there. However, he gets caught up in the moment like a little kid in a candy store and starts throwing out all sorts of preposterous preseason prognostications that are not grounded in reality. The reality is tha IU is still way behind at least 3 other (last year it was 8) teams in the conference right now. IU has not proven it can ever beat Wisconsin. Hell, if they can just get over that hump, that’s a monumental achievement for the program. IU will probably be a bubble team again and Cav’s Corner will be stuck with an overstock supply of its Final 4 t-shirts that he had pre-printed prior to the season.
His status is still a ton better than yours. A pathetic pink hat IU fan who can’t wait to rip on them after every loss. You didn’t even give them bubble props last year. The way to get rid of a clown like you is get a few wins in a row and watch you slither away until they drop a game and here comes Big Red ( what a joke ) telling anyone that will listen how sad they are. What’s your corner called Buffalo Ass? GFY

His status is still a ton better than yours. A pathetic pink hat IU fan who can’t wait to rip on them after every loss. You didn’t even give them bubble props last year. The way to get rid of a clown like you is get a few wins in a row and watch you slither away until they drop a game and here comes Big Red ( what a joke ) telling anyone that will listen how sad they are. What’s your corner called Buffalo Ass? GFY
You must mean the Football team !

If you consider two big ten championships and 3 sweet 16s in a decade getting your ass handed to you, then you must think really lowly of Illinois. 1 Big Ten championship and no sweet 16s since 2005. WEAK
You haven’t had a winning record in the conference in five years lol

• Haha
Reactions: Illinisully
You haven’t had a winning record in the conference in five years lol
And yet we’ve been far more relevant than you over the last decade. You are starting your descent back to the bottom now that Kofi is gone. Tom Crean had better results that Underwood. Let that sink in.

And yet we’ve been far more relevant than you over the last decade. You are starting your descent back to the bottom now that Kofi is gone. Tom Crean had better results that Underwood. Let that sink in.
we've been relevant over the last decade? Do tell? I guess you're slipping in being #1 in 2013 or B10 titles under Crean, but even those ended with frustration. I think Underwood's a good Coach and they will regularly be top half of the conference. Have to wait and see if he can be a great Coach!

we've been relevant over the last decade? Do tell? I guess you're slipping in being #1 in 2013 or B10 titles under Crean, but even those ended with frustration. I think Underwood's a good Coach and they will regularly be top half of the conference. Have to wait and see if he can be a great Coach!
3 sweet 16s and 2 conference titles.

I see I touched a nerve with another sensitive, delusional Cav cult member.

Reactions: Lucy01
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a pink IU hat.

I do know a few people that have “bubble props” tee shirts though (VBG)

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You must learn to play better with others! You are spending to much time by yourself.

Underwood is recruiting his ass off. We aren’t going anywhere.

I’m not sure you can compare Underwood and Crean since Underwood has only coached 5 seasons and his teams have gotten better each year. But unlike IU in the Crean years, we aren’t falling off immediately after peaking. Underwood’s last 3 years at Illinois is better than any multi-year stretch Crean ever put together. And he’s got a team that will compete for a conference title again this year.

I’m not sure you can compare Underwood and Crean since Underwood has only coached 5 seasons and his teams have gotten better each year. But unlike IU in the Crean years, we aren’t falling off immediately after peaking. Underwood’s last 3 years at Illinois is better than any multi-year stretch Crean ever put together. And he’s got a team that will compete for a conference title again this year.
Unlike most here, I don’t think underwood is an awful coach. IL will be more relevant than the other clowns you had. Just not as relevant as IU and MI for the foreseeable future. I could see IL and OsU being right behind us. I think MSU (after this year) is gonna fall off a lot. This year they might win the big ten. For sure top 4.

You are too busy on the Purdue site telling them about how back in the day Knight used to own them
Wrong again, champ. Shouldn’t you be on the Missouri site? The other Illinois poster said that’s your rival even though no one else has ever heard of that.

Lol I was hoping you would say something foolish like this.

Through their first 5 seasons in the big ten:

Crean:

1 Outright Big Ten Championship
2 Sweet 16s
Record improved every year

Underwood:
1 Shared Big Ten Championship
Record DID NOT improve every year

When was the last time Illinois landed a 5*? Every single coach that’s been at IU has done it consistently. GTFOH talking about Underwood recruiting his ass off. Your NIL program is openly paying players to come there and you still can’t land 5* players.

Lol I was hoping you would say something foolish like this.

Through their first 5 seasons in the big ten:

Crean:

1 Outright Big Ten Championship
2 Sweet 16s
Record improved every year

Underwood:
1 Shared Big Ten Championship
Record DID NOT improve every year

When was the last time Illinois landed a 5*? Every single coach that’s been at IU has done it consistently. GTFOH talking about Underwood recruiting his ass off. Your NIL program is openly paying players to come there and you still can’t land 5* players.
Archie recruited a bunch of 5* players and his teams were horrible. IU has been able to get 5* talent forever but hasn’t been a blue blood for 35 years. Talent and fit matter way more than rankings. Purdue has owned you guys for years and years with 3* guys IU wouldn’t touch.

You’ve completely ignored the obvious about Crean by the way. He built a couple of good teams over his tenure but couldn’t sustain it at all. Peak and valley peak and valley. You guys hate being little brother to Purdue, but the reason they’ve owned you for so long is because they have had consistent, sustained success. Underwood has Illinois back there after over a decade of being lost in the woods with bad coaches. Maybe Woodson can do the same with IU, who knows. But I can’t see it this year. It’s a returning roster than only won 9 big ten games, added no transfers and I still can’t figure out who’s going to shoot from 3. But I guess we will all see soon enough when IU finishes 5th in conference and plays in the First Four in Dayton.

Archie recruited a bunch of 5* players and his teams were horrible. IU has been able to get 5* talent forever but hasn’t been a blue blood for 35 years. Talent and fit matter way more than rankings. Purdue has owned you guys for years and years with 3* guys IU wouldn’t touch.

You’ve completely ignored the obvious about Crean by the way. He built a couple of good teams over his tenure but couldn’t sustain it at all. Peak and valley peak and valley. You guys hate being little brother to Purdue, but the reason they’ve owned you for so long is because they have had consistent, sustained success. Underwood has Illinois back there after over a decade of being lost in the woods with bad coaches. Maybe Woodson can do the same with IU, who knows. But I can’t see it this year. It’s a returning roster than only won 9 big ten games, added no transfers and I still can’t figure out who’s going to shoot from 3. But I guess we will all see soon enough when IU finishes 5th in conference and plays in the First Four in Dayton.
You were the one who said Underwood was killing it in recruiting. He landed Kofi which lead to this recent mediocre success. Same with Crean landing Zeller.

You have had 3/5 decent seasons with Underwood. You could just as easily fall back after losing Kofi just like Crean did after losing Zeller. You know nothing about how this team will perform. The highest individual accomplishment any of your returning players have had is honorable mention All Big 12 (Mayer). Shannon didn't even make the honorable mention list, yet 2 of his teammates did. We know none of your returning players from last year made any of the All Big Ten teams, because they were all dogshit.

Purdue has an actual leg to stand on when talking shit to us. Illinois does not. Your 60 year old coach has never even made the Sweet 16 in 9 years of coaching college basketball.

I know we won't see you here when Illinois doesn't live up to your expectations, but I will find great joy in watching the Illinois losses pile up. You are the 4th or 5th best team in a very down Big Ten.

Reactions: It Will Do

The B1G has celebrated 10 National Championships. IUBB owns half of them. What has Illinoise contributed? What? I wait.

the color orange??
Punchlines that write themsleves.

broilees spit, but ...

VDN7CLM.png

Archie recruited a bunch of 5* players and his teams were horrible
Newsflash: Archie is gone.

Pretty sad when you talk shit using Purdue because your team is actually more pathetic.. You're like a small child using your older smellier fat girl lovin' brother as a shield. Are you going to get Purdue Pete to beat us up? Weak AF.... embarrassing even.

Good luck with your second rate team of cast offs, cancers, mercenaries.. and the 2nd best guard from Montverde.

Illini and Broilies are saaaaaalty these days, Wonder why???

You were the one who said Underwood was killing it in recruiting. He landed Kofi which lead to this recent mediocre success. Same with Crean landing Zeller.

You have had 3/5 decent seasons with Underwood. You could just as easily fall back after losing Kofi just like Crean did after losing Zeller. You know nothing about how this team will perform. The highest individual accomplishment any of your returning players have had is honorable mention All Big 12 (Mayer). Shannon didn't even make the honorable mention list, yet 2 of his teammates did. We know none of your returning players from last year made any of the All Big Ten teams, because they were all dogshit.

Purdue has an actual leg to stand on when talking shit to us. Illinois does not. Your 60 year old coach has never even made the Sweet 16 in 9 years of coaching college basketball.

I know we won't see you here when Illinois doesn't live up to your expectations, but I will find great joy in watching the Illinois losses pile up. You are the 4th or 5th best team in a very down Big Ten.
You’re speaking hyperbolically to make a point, and it’s a bad look. Illinois is very clearly not the 5th best team next year, and it’s had by far the best record in the conference the past several seasons, including a Big Ten title (maybe 2 without Michigan COVID dodging…), BTT title and a #1 seed. That’s not “mediocre,” and you wouldn’t paint it as such if Woodson accomplished any of that next season, regardless of what happens in the Second Round of the NCAAs. (Actually, maybe you would in some lame attempt to blow smoke up your ass about high Notre Dame, err, I mean Indiana’s expectations are.)

Anywho, last year, Illinois and Purdue both split with Indiana and had significantly better records/seeds. PU made a Sweet Sixteen, but Illinois hung a conference championship banner … and Illinois will be much better than PU this year, with far better recruiting of late. Not sure what your leg to stand on comment literally means, lol, other than the hypothesis (anecdotally confirmed) that people in your state are rather ignorant of what goes on outside of it.

Reactions: Illinisully
You’re speaking hyperbolically to make a point, and it’s a bad look. Illinois is very clearly not the 5th best team next year, and it’s had by far the best record in the conference the past several seasons, including a Big Ten title (maybe 2 without Michigan COVID dodging…), BTT title and a #1 seed. That’s not “mediocre,” and you wouldn’t paint it as such if Woodson accomplished any of that next season, regardless of what happens in the Second Round of the NCAAs. (Actually, maybe you would in some lame attempt to blow smoke up your ass about high Notre Dame, err, I mean Indiana’s expectations are.)

Anywho, last year, Illinois and Purdue both split with Indiana and had significantly better records/seeds. PU made a Sweet Sixteen, but Illinois hung a conference championship banner … and Illinois will be much better than PU this year, with far better recruiting of late. Not sure what your leg to stand on comment literally means, lol, other than the hypothesis (anecdotally confirmed) that people in your state are rather ignorant of what goes on outside of it.
Nightman punks the fk out of you regularly, doesn't he?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT