ADVERTISEMENT

Movies, books, tv

I had enough time. I wouldn't say that was an epic episode of television, but the ending, wow. The looks on their faces when they were reunited. I love actors who can do their thing without words. That was intense.
What I've found so surprising about the series is how little it is relying on the zombies and how small the budget must be for the shootings.

What I've found so surprising about the series is how little it is relying on the zombies and how small the budget must be for the shootings.
I bet they are spending more money than you think. Look back at all the non-action scenes, and the production level is still really high.

That said, I'm with you on the broader point. This is turning into a human condition story, not a zombie story. I like that.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I bet they are spending more money than you think. Look back at all the non-action scenes, and the production level is still really high.

That said, I'm with you on the broader point. This is turning into a human condition story, not a zombie story. I like that.
The Jackson Hole set alone wasn't cheap and the CGI in Boston, hello.

Plus I bet Pedro Pascal wasn't bought for a penny either. Even though he's in the HBO troupe

I guess Amazon can lose money all day at this point on LOTR. Something something starving kids.
The LOTR series was awful.

I don't even get the appeal from a storytelling perspective. If the original series dealt with the ultimate baddie in the highest of stakes, how can a prequel live up to that?

Reactions: larsIU
Watching jaws tonight with my 12 yr old. she's never seen it. i've loved that movie forever. i made her watch rocky a few months ago. she liked it. was slow at times for her but she enjoyed it

• Love
Got damm, video game drama.

That sequence was basically a video game boss battle, but the way they portrayed it was way better. Joel turned evil to protect Ellie. Pure evil. He gave up his soul to protect the girl who is the stand-in for his daughter. And he sold it. And she doesn't completely trust him.

Honestly, maybe the best episode so far. Incredible season finale.

That sequence was basically a video game boss battle, but the way they portrayed it was way better. Joel turned evil to protect Ellie. Pure evil. He gave up his soul to protect the girl who is the stand-in for his daughter. And he sold it. And she doesn't completely trust him.

No Oscars???

Glad to see Jamie Lee Curtis won for her acting ability. Not the color of her skin!

Glad to see Jamie Lee Curtis won for her acting ability. Not the color of her skin!
Dude you could tell how happy EVERYONE was that Michelle Yeoh finally won something. To be fair she should be given the best supporting (at least) award for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon but the Oscars are only slightly less white than A4 paper.

Dude you could tell how happy EVERYONE was that Michelle Yeoh finally won something. To be fair she should be given the best supporting (at least) award for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon but the Oscars are only slightly less white than A4 paper.
I was extremely happy for Michelle and Jamie Lee!

Reactions: larsIU
I'm meh on the Oscars-so-white meme. Go category by category and tell me who was better than the nominees?

And then look at best supporting actress: 2 of 5 where white. Best supporting actor: three white people, two of whom are Irish (not Irish American) and one an 88 year old Jewish guy.

I wanted Barry Keoghan to win for supporting actor. This scene alone was one of the most heartbreaking of the decade:

But it's hard not to like Ke Huey Quan (Short Round!) and his performance and his movie. His acceptance speech was also the best of the night, I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jet812 and larsIU
I'm meh on the Oscars-so-white meme. Go category by category and tell me who was better than the nominees?

And then look at best supporting actress: 2 of 5 where white. Best supporting actor: three white people, two of whom are Irish (not Irish American) and one an 88 year old Jewish guy.

I wanted Barry Keoghan to win for supporting actor. This scene alone was one of the most heartbreaking of the decade:

But it's hard not to like Ke Huey Quan (Short Round!) and his performance and his movie. His acceptance speech was also the best of the night, I thought.
Mostly I was just yanking Lucy's chain.

I don't really care about the Oscars at all and even more so b/c they included Top Gun Maverick for best pic. Christ.

• Haha

Just finished it. It was great. Pablo Pascal is so good. He just oozes charisma and machismo in the best way. He needs an Indiana Jones type movie franchise.

Cate Blanchett, Tar, & Todd Field were robbed.

Are you watching this shit at work before you go home?
"At work." Ha ha.

I only go into my office a couple of days a week at this point. Covid taught me I can work from anywhere.

So sometimes I work at night, sometimes in the morning, sometimes the afternoon. Same applies for my media consumption.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Cate Blanchett, Tar, & Todd Field were robbed.
I just watched Tar this weekend. Field is a great director and I was impressed with the movie, but I felt better about Everything Everywhere. I think Jamie Lee's award was the most questionable.

I told ya’ll last November Frasier was winning the Oscar! Has anyone seen it yet?

I just watched Tar this weekend. Field is a great director and I was impressed with the movie, but I felt better about Everything Everywhere. I think Jamie Lee's award was the most questionable.
Lifetime achievement gonna lifetime achievement.

Samuel L got introduced as an “honorary” Oscar winner. Hahahahha

• Haha
I told ya’ll last November Frasier was winning the Oscar! Has anyone seen it yet?
No, but I plan on watching it.

I had to read your post a few times because I thought you were saying that this guy was going to win the Oscar:

Proud Season 3 GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: Lucy01 and zeke4ahs
By the way, for those who watched, the woman wearing the white dress with the veil that stood up a foot above her head, blocking the view of those behind her was a singer named Tems. I thought that was a pretty classless choice:

Reactions: Lucy01
By the way, for those who watched, the woman wearing the white dress with the veil that stood up a foot above her head, blocking the view of those behind her was a singer named Tems. I thought that was a pretty classless choice:

Never heard of her either. Anyone?

I would never watch these people give each other awards. However I did read Tom cruise was forced to skip despite top gun being up for best movie. Why? Why do you think. Because word was put out that his ex was going to be there. His crazy, crazy ex. 20 years later and he STILL has to dodge her. My god. That’s the real deal. That’s not Hollywood make believe. And have you been following that psycho shakira? Dragging pique into all her songs. Obsessed. Good grief. Just stay married Brad. You have no idea what’s out there

I would never watch these people give each other awards. However I did read Tom cruise was forced to skip despite top gun being up for best movie. Why? Why do you think. Because word was put out that his ex was going to be there. His crazy, crazy ex. 20 years later and he STILL has to dodge her. My god. That’s the real deal. That’s not Hollywood make believe. And have you been following that psycho shakira? Dragging pique into all her songs. Obsessed. Good grief. Just stay married Brad. You have no idea what’s out there
Thank you for giving yourself a disclaimer to having watched that shit. I have marked the rest of you and your man cards are on hold.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Some of the tweets cited in the article are as well.

Have you been following the Tiger Woods drama?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Watched The Founder with the wife this evening. Good. Keaton, offerman, Durst, that dude from Fargo, and so many others. Really solid performances.

But heartwarming? No. It is definitely not that.

Oh hell, you guys, just watched Last of Us in two days ( in between basketball) and Oh My God how is it so good? Don’t watch zombie shows, don’t know or care about gaming, but this show is spectacular! The relationship between Elsie and Joel is perfect. And the individuals that are just in one episode? Amazing casting. And nailed the landing. So…. How closely did it track the game? And is there more story to tell game wise, or will they be on their own for season 2? I’m so sad I’m done with this.

Oh hell, you guys, just watched Last of Us in two days ( in between basketball) and Oh My God how is it so good? Don’t watch zombie shows, don’t know or care about gaming, but this show is spectacular! The relationship between Elsie and Joel is perfect. And the individuals that are just in one episode? Amazing casting. And nailed the landing. So…. How closely did it track the game? And is there more story to tell game wise, or will they be on their own for season 2? I’m so sad I’m done with this.
Season 1 was the first game. There was also a sequel, which I imagine they will split up between seasons 2 and 3.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Hey, @larsIU , I told you to keep an eye on Carrie Coon in The Leftovers.

A few other shows to throw out there:
1. Shrinking (Apple) The joshing around/friendships with Harrison Ford, Jason Segel, and Jessica Williams are hilarious. The whole series got better as the season progressed.
2. Hello, Tomorrow (Apple) Just okay, but Billy Crudup as an ethically challenged salesman is worth the time invested.
3. Lucky Hank (1st episode - AMC) Bob Odenkirk as Richard Russo (Straight Man was sort of autobiographical). Not really LOL funny, but you can tell it's really going to ramp up.
4. Ted Lasso (Season 4 Apple) First episode set the table for the rest of the season
5. NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (CBS, TNT, TBS, TruTV) - Were the games incredibly physical this year, or was that just me?

Hey, @larsIU , I told you to keep an eye on Carrie Coon in The Leftovers.

A few other shows to throw out there:
1. Shrinking (Apple) The joshing around/friendships with Harrison Ford, Jason Segel, and Jessica Williams are hilarious. The whole series got better as the season progressed.
2. Hello, Tomorrow (Apple) Just okay, but Billy Crudup as an ethically challenged salesman is worth the time invested.
3. Lucky Hank (1st episode - AMC) Bob Odenkirk as Richard Russo (Straight Man was sort of autobiographical). Not really LOL funny, but you can tell it's really going to ramp up.
4. Ted Lasso (Season 4 Apple) First episode set the table for the rest of the season
5. NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (CBS, TNT, TBS, TruTV) - Were the games incredibly physical this year, or was that just me?
He lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT