ADVERTISEMENT

Missed my chance

to shoot my age today. I shot three under par 69. Gagged and hit drive in water on 15 and missed short birdie putt on 18. Semi retirement is working okay.

Being nice on the Cooler is also helping. 😂
My God. Senior tour. That’s impressive. I would love to be able to do that

A 69 with one in the water is impressive. Are you playing the ladies’ tees now? 😱
Next to back Blue Tees. 6516 yards, 72.2 rating, 138 slope.

Real choke job on Par 5, 15th hole. I ducked hooked drive in water on the left that shouldn’t be in play. It’s a birdie hole and I was thinking about the 66 I was going to shoot. 😂

• Love
Reactions: Noodle
My God. Senior tour. That’s impressive. I would love to be able to do that
Certainly worth looking into some of the state "Super Seniors" events...especially from those tees.

Stoll - you play with Gary Eudaly yet? He's got a group of older guys that are sticks. If not, ask Denny to hook you guys up.

Reactions: BradStevens
Next to back Blue Tees. 6516 yards, 72.2 rating, 138 slope.

Real choke job on Par 5, 15th hole. I ducked hooked drive in water on the left that shouldn’t be in play. It’s a birdie hole and I was thinking about the 66 I was going to shoot. 😂
What’s your typical carry on the driver?

to shoot my age today. I shot three under par 69. Gagged and hit drive in water on 15 and missed short birdie putt on 18. Semi retirement is working okay.

Being nice on the Cooler is also helping. 😂

Post it!

Great round.

I'd like for him and McNutt to play a round together. It would be interesting to hear them converse with one another.
I think it would be interesting to here the conversation if he played with me. It would go something like this:

Stoll: How long you going to look for that ball?

Stoll: I've never seen a tee shot go backwards.

Me: Can I borrow some balls?

Stoll: That slice is incredible. It's almost like you were aiming for that clubhouse window.

Me: Have you seen the beer lady? I'm out again.

A 69 with one in the water is impressive. Are you playing the ladies’ tees now? 😱
You're very good. I was a 6.5 index in 2008 and I'm probably a 15 now. I'm more likely to shoot 90+ than 80. My best score is 75 which I've done more times than I can count. However, my last ship tour ruined my game. I didn't practice at all for 2 years and I haven't really practiced much since leaving the ship either (so really, I've ruined my game). I just go and play. I occasionally play OK but have only broken 80 twice in the last five years. Can't drive (was hitting 300-yard drives in 2008 and when I crush it now, it might be 225-250 - if I'm lucky), irons are inconsistent, and I have the chip yips. I still putt well though. ;) You'd beat me like a drum.

You're very good. I was a 6.5 index in 2008 and I'm probably a 15 now. I'm more likely to shoot 90+ than 80. My best score is 75 which I've done more times than I can count. However, my last ship tour ruined my game. I didn't practice at all for 2 years and I haven't really practiced much since leaving the ship either (so really, I've ruined my game). I just go and play. I occasionally play OK but have only broken 80 twice in the last five years. Can't drive (was hitting 300-yard drives in 2008 and when I crush it now, it might be 225-250 - if I'm lucky), irons are inconsistent, and I have the chip yips. I still putt well though. ;) You'd beat me like a drum.

I once shot a 39 (for 9 holes). My shot into the last green bounced off a brick wall onto the green, about three feet from the hole.

Two days later I shot 54 on the same 9.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I think it would be interesting to here the conversation if he played with me. It would go something like this:

Stoll: How long you going to look for that ball?

Stoll: I've never seen a tee shot go backwards.

Me: Can I borrow some balls?

Stoll: That slice is incredible. It's almost like you were aiming for that clubhouse window.

Me: Have you seen the beer lady? I'm out again.
Co-sign. Sucks

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'm most impressed given the conditions. I don't know his Eville club, but had to be a bit saturated. 6,500 yards had to be playing close to 6,900...unless it drains well and/or the tees were up. That's a long course for a 60-something to be threatening his age on. 👍

I once shot a 39 (for 9 holes). My shot into the last green bounced off a brick wall onto the green, about three feet from the hole.

Two days later I shot 54 on the same 9.
I was one under after 12 in Hawaii and quadrupled 13. Still shot 75 for the round. I was 1 over after 17 once and like an idiot I tried to cut the corner on the dog leg right 18 in hopes of getting a birdie to shoot par. Drive, which I felt was perfect, caught the top of a tree and I ended up with a double bogey on the hole to shoot yet another 75. 75 was my Moby Dick for a while. It was a mental barrier which I never got past. Now my mental barrier is every club in the bag except the putter!

I still don't have a hole in one, but I do have three eagles which I got in a two-month period in 2007 before going to my last ship. I was playing my best golf at the time. My last four rounds before going to the ship were 70 something rounds. Now that I'm retired, I have to start practicing and see if I can get back to a single digit handicap. I have six rounds in Myrtle Beach next week. Going to the range in a bit to see if I can hit the ball well enough not to completely embarrass myself.

When I can no longer play golf, I’ll be ready to die.

My Brother-in-law at about age 79 said he would give up golf if he had to use a cart instead of walking the course.

He stopped playing at 89 years of age and lived to be 95.

IMO the exercise involved in playing golf is maybe the most valuable aspect of the game even if your scores aren't good.

P.S. Am a lousy golfer, as in really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT