ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis post Floyd. Quite an indictment on

Harris is hated by the ultra left for being an extremely tough on crime prosecutor in California. Look it up. It's literally one of her biggest knocks.
Biden and Harris were both moderate until Republican propaganda twisted people's perception

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Non responsive.

Regardless of what she wanted to do with the money or if she felt cops were being asked to do things they shouldn’t, shes still advocating reallocating funding from their budget.

Thats defunding, Ace.
Once again, that article treats "reimagining" as separate and distinct from defund/dismantle.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Once again, that article treats "reimagining" as separate and distinct from defund/dismantle.
no @Hoopsdoc1978 nailed it. don't get confused by semantics. redirecting monies away from police officers is defunding

Uhhh she explained what she meant by “ reimagining” in the article.

And that included reallocating funding from police budgets to social services.

That’s defunding.

Stop being disingenuous.
I'll grant you this - - you're doing a little bit better today than the time you challenged me on one of my links after you read only a two sentence summary of the article.

A very small portion of dems for a short period of time had talked of defunding police. And most of those had specifically said they would re-allocate those funds to people more qualified to some of the tasks that the police currently handle.

But of course highlighting the unfortunate term "defund the police" and ignoring the actual idea is politically beneficial in getting people riled up.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Progressive policies and their lingering consequences. Interesting read. Surprised to see that from cnn

MM66, thanks for this informative link regarding the city of Minneapolis and how it is attempting to deal with crime post George Floyd and what has been called the defund the police movement.

From my perspective the link along with the links within the article spells out how complicated our national crime issue has become. The issue may go well beyond simple solutions such as removing "progressives" from public office.

Take the national problem of undermanned police forces for example. This issue is common to cities with leadership from a variety of political ideologies and seemingly cannot be addressed with higher pay and more funding. Qualified police officers in sufficient numbers are just hard to find in the cities which need them the most.

Finally, getting back to Minneapolis, IMO Mayor Jacob Frey deserves credit in the post Floyd battle with a diverse population along with a powerful city council and police union. These forces each have their own agendas with agreement among them not being easy to find.

Reactions: hoosboot
oh i don't just need that article. we get it here daily from eliott davis and daily reporting. i understand exactly what is going on and how it harms the poor people who actually live in these high crime areas. i've sat through the dockets. seen alternative sentencing. drug courts. rode with police. had lunches with them weekly. been involved with the police association. i also understand how the ferguson riots were funded. what gave rise to them. what was right and wrong about the alleged injustices with brown and ferguson. what blm did with the money
You're personal experiences do not matter to these folks. Next they will call you a liar. Saturday night the standard was set. They can say anything they want about you with no ramifications.

You're personal experiences do not matter to these folks. Next they will call you a liar. Saturday night tge standard was set. They can say anything they want about you with no ramifications.
To @hoosboot and cops she talks to she and they could have different experiences. I will admit I’m extrapolating from communities I know. Not all places are the same

You're personal experiences do not matter to these folks. Next they will call you a liar. Saturday night tge standard was set. They can say anything they want about you with no ramifications.

Maybe because he's biased and overselling his personal experiences.

I've never been mugged, shot or threatened in a big city but do you care about my personal experiences? Doubt it. And someone's personal experiences may not be that representative of the issues as a whole.

Last edited:

I've never been mugged, shot or threatened in a
No some of us just have experience and education in certain areas. I won’t post on naval tactics in the Red Sea.

Then there’s others who ignorance provides no obstacle

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
You're personal experiences do not matter to these folks. Next they will call you a liar. Saturday night the standard was set. They can say anything they want about you with no ramifications.

MM66, interested in how the Ferguson riots were funded and what BLM has done with its money.

Reactions: stollcpa
No some of us just have experience and education in certain areas. I won’t post on naval tactics in the Red Sea.

Then there’s others who ignorance provides no obstacle
You're definitely in the latter group given how many stupid posts you make on the regular. you could attempt to have a little more self awareness ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
i understand the article except my understanding of policing and crime goes much deeper than that article. grad school. law school. work. being involved with social services programs and nonprofits. the police department. urban league. sitting through criminal dockets on a thousand occasions. friends who are judges and prosecutors. my ex wife who works in the prosecutor's office. so no. you don't get it. per usual. and i know what works. we have hte best practices. we already know them. instead progressives went with stereotypes and vapid feelings. that too is per usual. with disastrous results
You talk about how much you understand and then you rant in a shallow way with things like cities began reverting "back to pre progressive policy policing" that belies any understanding.

This is the point in the conversation where you typically escalate with rage rants and personal insults, so I'll probably stop engaging with you and continue in other parts of the conversation. Hope the minion and the daughter are good.

You talk about how much you understand and then you rant in a shallow way with things like cities began reverting "back to pre progressive policy policing" that belies any understanding.

This is the point in the conversation where you typically escalate with rage rants and personal insults, so I'll probably stop engaging with you and continue in other parts of the conversation. Hope the minion and the daughter are good.
no i responded with policies in a difft post to you as well as a recognition of differences in communities

Reactions: hoosboot
MM66, interested in how the Ferguson riots were funded and what BLM has done with its money.
the ferguson riots were spontaneous until they weren't. social activist groups from all over were bussed in and kept the riots going and fomented division. htese groups were traced back to funding by the open society foundations which is soros.

as for blm there are scammers with chapters all over. they raised a shit ton of money for ferguson but ferguson never saw it. nor did michael brown's family. his dad has been raising a stink here for years asking where the hell the money went

I've never been mugged, shot or threatened in a big city but do you care about my personal experiences? Doubt it. And someone's personal experiences may not be that representative of the issues as a whole.
And peoples' personal experiences very likely might not be an indicator of society or even the community as a whole.

Back in the spring of 2001, Cincinnati was embroiled in horrible race riots after the cops there shot an unarmed black man. It was so bad that for a good bit, the city ended up imposing a nightly curfew. Fast forward to the end of August 2001 and I was hanging out at some bars with my brother and some friends. My brother gets separated from the group, runs into the wrong guys and just absolutely gets the crap kicked out of him. I distinctly remember visiting him in the hospital and reading an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer talking about the crime rates falling and normalizing from the high in the spring.

Two things were true that day. Yes, my brother had just experienced the worst crime and violence he ever experienced, but as a whole crime and violence in Cincinnati was going down.

I didn't blame George W. Bush for blindly following any type of policy, nor did I point to my circumstantial/anecdotal evidence that the Enquirer was covering up some grand political agenda.

And peoples' personal experiences very likely might not be an indicator of society or even the community as a whole.

Back in the spring of 2001, Cincinnati was embroiled in horrible race riots after the cops there shot an unarmed black man. It was so bad that for a good bit, the city ended up imposing a nightly curfew. Fast forward to the end of August 2001 and I was hanging out at some bars with my brother and some friends. My brother gets separated from the group, runs into the wrong guys and just absolutely gets the crap kicked out of him. I distinctly remember visiting him in the hospital and reading an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer talking about the crime rates falling and normalizing from the high in the spring.

Two things were true that day. Yes, my brother had just experienced the worst crime and violence he ever experienced, but as a whole crime and violence in Cincinnati was going down.

I didn't blame George W. Bush for blindly following any type of policy, nor did I point to my circumstantial/anecdotal evidence that the Enquirer was covering up some grand political agenda.
There are common sense best practices that transcend communities. Having less police isn’t one of them. Defunding police was a stupid idea. Just like opening the border. The consequences were predictable. As for bush - fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice… well you can’t fool me again. Don’t trust progressives

That’s simply untrue. Perhaps you’re mistaking Chicago with NYC. But the Daley’s didn’t abide nonsense. By what metric was Chicago worse off in the 70’s and 80’s?

Mainly looking a homicide rates. Those are definitely up compared to 10 years ago. But the rates in the 80s and 90s during the crack epidemic were staggering and lasted decades.
Daley cleaned things up and had the city humming for sure.

Anecdotally, I was downtown this past Saturday night. As I am quite often on the weekends. I was shocked how clean everything looked. How vibrant the streets were even at midnight. I didn't see a single homeless person. I think Mayor Johnson was one of the progressives that saw the light.

yet his vice president did and the rhetoric from her attacking cops (murderers) had severe consequences.
Wake me when a VP(Outside of Cheney who was actually running things) actually makes significant policies for the country. They are mostly a figure head. A ribbon cutter.

Wake me when a VP(Outside of Cheney who was actually running things) actually makes significant policies for the country. They are mostly a figure head. A ribbon cutter.
Huh? Police were defunded. Bail projects implemented. Cops quit in unprecedented numbers. She help set the narrative. Her words matter. Are you up?

What police department is the VP in charge of funding for?
influence. setting a narrative. there are many issues that federalism insulates but that doesn't mean that the rhetoric of an administration isn't persuasive and influential on local policy. harris was outspoken on defunding, bail projects, and accusing cops of being murderers. there's consequences to that at the local level. no different than trump rolling fauci out each day and county executives instituting lockdowns and closings.

What police department is the VP in charge of funding for?
Also it wasn't all departments and none were completely defunded. A handful of departments lost some funding. But by most accounts that has all swung back. With better training to boot. Good deal.

influence. setting a narrative. there are many issues that federalism insulates but that doesn't mean that the rhetoric of an administration isn't persuasive and influential on local policy. harris was outspoken on defunding, bail projects, and accusing cops of being murderers. there's consequences to that at the local level. no different than trump rolling fauci out each day and county executives instituting lockdowns and closings.
Hold up. She accused the cops in the Floyd case as murderers. Which they are. Any others? I cant find any quotes of her broad brushing all police. That would be a really odd statement especially from her given her record as a prosecutor. That record is why she didn't win the primary in 2020.

Also it wasn't all departments and none were completely defunded. A handful of departments lost some funding. But by most accounts that has all swung back. With better training to boot. Good deal.
unless you're a victim i guess. or you live in a community where thousands of criminals were set free. or businesses left or decided not to expand there. and it was more than a handful.

but yes by all means keep voting the same.

Last edited:
Hold up. She accused the cops in the Floyd case as murderers. Which they are. Any others? I cant find any quotes of her broad brushing all police. That would be a really odd statement especially from her given her record as a prosecutor. That record is why she didn't win the primary in 2020.
breonna taylor

VP Mike Pence and his advisor (VP Dan Quayle) made some significant policy for the country in January 2021 -- follow the Constitution and ignore crazy Trump.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Lol. You've never "schooled" me, dude, but I'm impressed that you're developing some self-awareness.
I guess schooled isn’t quite accurate.

More like pointing out your dishonesty.

And I’ve never lacked self awareness.

Also, I can admit when I’m wrong, as you love pointing out.

Let’s see if you can admit to being disingenuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
I guess schooled isn’t quite accurate.

More like pointing out your dishonesty.

And I’ve never lacked self awareness.
Dude, you strike me as an angry old man who insists on having the last word, just like a couple of your MAGA brethren here. Have at it. And then maybe put me on ignore since I'm apparently a trigger for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Mainly looking a homicide rates. Those are definitely up compared to 10 years ago. But the rates in the 80s and 90s during the crack epidemic were staggering and lasted decades.

Anecdotally, I was downtown this past Saturday night. As I am quite often on the weekends. I was shocked how clean everything looked. How vibrant the streets were even at midnight. I didn't see a single homeless person. I think Mayor Johnson was one of the progressives that saw the light.
A Brandon Johnson supporter? I wasn’t aware those actually existed. I live in Gold Coast. Don’t presume to lecture me about how nice the city is. The man is an absolute clown on every level.

Dude, you strike me as an angry old man who insists on having the last word, just like a couple of your MAGA brethren here. Have at it. And then maybe put me on ignore since I'm apparently a trigger for you.
I’m 46 and I’m not a Trumpster.

And I’m not triggered. I’m enjoying pointing out your dishonesty.

Why would I ignore you?

40 shot yesterday. That ties a record!

A Brandon Johnson supporter? I wasn’t aware those actually existed. I live in Gold Coast. Don’t presume to lecture me about how nice the city is. The man is an absolute clown on every level.

Nope just noticed how much the city has been cleaned up. At least the downtown area. Did they bus all the bums to Southside? It was honestly sort of weird not to see a single one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT