ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis post Floyd. Quite an indictment on

Agree. I actually am starting to respect CNN as an actual news organization again. Imagine a loss of those who keep law and order leading to increased violent crime. In the words from Princess Bride…. Inconceivable
The true test will be the debate.

don't tell mcm...he's on a roll.

He apparently forgets the right wanting to defund the fbi as well but we'll let his hypocrisy slide.
Two different animals. Like an elephant and a hyena.

Reactions: 76-1
I dont think you and @mrhighlife get it. Police were defunded cops attacked and crime hit decade high levels. Cities then began funding the police again and reverting back to pre progressive policy policing. This is an indictment on progressive policies. You don’t get to say hey crime is good now. It’s better now because people are beginning to understand voting for progressives is bad for policy. You don’t go back to supporting politicians who supported that idiocy. You’ll get those same results

This isn’t hard. You both would do well to read the cnn Minneapolis article. It’s excellent

You do realize that the about face you're talking about happened under the 'progressive' leadership you're fond of blaming. If things have played out the way you claim, then it's refreshing to see lawmakers adapt and adjust their policies. If only lawmakers on the other side of the aisle would do a similar about face on gun safety laws.

I haven’t said that so don’t mischaracterize what I said. Do you understand? What I said was that full reporting hasn’t occurred as there have been reporting problems. What’s more I agree there was a course correction AWAY from progressive policies backed by Harris and the progressives. So why on earth would we vote for them again? Why would anyone vote for progressive policies.
Don't be condescending with your "do you understand" nonsense. Read my link. Full reporting has never occurred. There have always been reporting problems. But reporting by local and state law enforcement is more widespread and substantive than it has ever been. The dramatic downward trend in violent crime is irrefutable.

I'm a pro-democracy independent who will be voting Biden/Harris. The alternative is too horrible to imagine.

Two different animals. Like an elephant and a hyena.

My takeaway from reading your posts is that St. Louis really, really sucks.

You do realize that the about face you're talking about happened under the 'progressive' leadership you're fond of blaming. If things have played out the way you claim, then it's refreshing to see lawmakers adapt and adjust their policies. If only lawmakers on the other side of the aisle would do a similar about face on gun safety laws.
No it hasn’t. Our Soros prosecutor was removed from office. Others have been voted out. Progressives haven’t changed. Biden is promising to put progressives on the s Ct

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Don't be condescending with your "do you understand" nonsense. Read my link. Full reporting has never occurred. There have always been reporting problems. But reporting by local and state law enforcement is more widespread and substantive than it has ever been. The dramatic downward trend in violent crime is irrefutable.

I'm a pro-democracy independent who will be voting Biden/Harris. The alternative is too horrible to imagine.
Those are just your words. Read where all the reporting has been a mess. LA ny Stl etc

This is where crime actually occurs. A top five dangerous city. The reporting is wrong.

No it hasn’t. Our Soros prosecutor was removed from office. Others have been voted out. Progressives haven’t changed. Biden is promising to put progressives on the s Ct
No one is running - or governing - on defunding the police.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
And a second Trump term would mean two more appointments by The Felon, with five of the nine justices being Trump appointees. Serving for perhaps 30 or more years. No, thanks.

Those are just your words. Read where all the reporting has been a mess. LA ny Stl etc

This is where crime actually occurs. A top five dangerous city. The reporting is wrong.
Reporting has always been incomplete. But, nationally, reporting now is better than it's ever been.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

I’m an independent who unlike you doesn’t live in a small town. I will vote trump. I see the consequences of Biden Harris daily. They’re just too harmful

Reactions: DANC
And a second Trump term would mean two more appointments by The Felon, with five of the nine justices being Trump appointees. Serving for perhaps 30 or more years. No, thanks.
I’ll take that over progressives in a heartbeat

Reactions: 76-1
Reporting has always been incomplete. But, nationally, reporting now is better than it's ever been.
Lmao your words mean nothing. And even if you were correct it doesn’t absolve progressive policies of defunding and bail projects supported by Harris. It’s politicians doing the opposite of those you want to vote for. The largest police association didn’t back Biden. That’s telling after the summer of love

I honestly wish more people would pay attention to that. Anecdotally, I've heard too many people say they can't justify voting for Biden over US support for Israel. Those same people will likely be the loudest voices when Trump's Supreme Court further restricts access to women's healthcare, contraception and moves us closer to Christian nationalism, which will really piss me off.

Lmao your words mean nothing. And even if you were correct it doesn’t absolve progressive policies of defunding and bail projects supported by Harris. It’s politicians doing the opposite of those you want to vote for. The largest police association didn’t back Biden. That’s telling after the summer of love

My words mean nothing? Lol. Then don't read them.

The problem for you is that you can't refute them.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I honestly wish more people would pay attention to that. Anecdotally, I've heard too many people say they can't justify voting for Biden over US support for Israel. Those same people will likely be the loudest voices when Trump's Supreme Court further restricts access to women's healthcare, contraception and moves us closer to Christian nationalism, which will really piss me off.
Yeah. Hell, Thomas wants to revisit Griswold, the 1965 SCOTUS contraceptives decision. And then two more justices like him, courtesy of a second Trump term? No, thanks.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Like many other things the pendulum swung way too far. Looks like we are all course correcting. Violent crime rates are plummeting across the country. And we got a lot of reforms and updated training. The "defund the police" crowd the "shoulda just complied" crowd are usually equally stupid and naive. We should all respect law enforcement and understand their importance all while holding them accountable to do their job correctly and not abuse the position. Not rocket science.

It is interesting as I have never felt more unsafe. There are so many crazies and sketchy folk in every downtown (was just in Chicago, NYC and SF in the past couple months).

I wonder if some of it has to do with the reversion from the trend? Sure, it was down in 2023, but it had start going back up in 2020 and 2021. There is probably a lag effect of sorts. Also, there's no way the PEW data captures the increases in carjackings, right? I mean we know for a fact those were up bigly in many areas, particularly those that decriminalized some of the offenses and/or limited police response (Chicago, MKE, MSP).

SR_24.04.23_crime_3.png

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Common sense?

I'm not sure where you're going with this. My point is that no serious candidate anywhere has 'defund the police' as part of their policies/platform.
They did in 2020. Harris the squad bail projects etc. mayors. Soros DAs. On and on.

Progressive policies. Defund. Bail. Not prosecuting. The reverse is to run progressives out, fund police, prosecute etc

Honestly - who is legitimately running on those types of policies? No one I've seen. At least not in the last couple of election cycles.

Well that's the problem when you have a two party system, isn't it? I'm pro choice, but I care more about economic policy and foreign policy, generally speaking. I haven't been truly supportive of any vote I've cast since I turned 18 and it's only getting worse.

Honestly - who is legitimately running on those types of policies? No one I've seen. At least not in the last couple of election cycles.
I just showed you who did. 2020. They were just as stupid on the border. Why would anyone vote for an administration with such bad instincts and low knowledge

I just showed you who did. 2020. They were just as stupid on the border. Why would anyone vote for an administration with such bad instincts and low knowledge
I think we should stop voting for any party who supported segregation and opposed gay marriage or women's suffrage. After all, no party or politician changes their policy positions or governing decisions. Ever.

Do you think it's possible that policy and what people run on in 2024 could be different than in 2020? No one is running on defunding the police in 2024.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
They did in 2020. Harris the squad bail projects etc. mayors. Soros DAs. On and on.
Biden has never promoted defunding police.

I didn't follow Harris' career very closely before she ran for president, but I know defunding the police wasn't part of her online platform. I know she talked about "reimagining" certain aspects of law enforcement with respect to the homeless, mental health issues, etc. When, if ever, did she promote defunding?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT