ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game (links) is on BTN

I'm glad we're the home team, but I think that alternating home team stuff in these tournaments is absolute BS. If you're the higher seed, you should be the home team 100% of the time, IMO.

I'm glad we're the home team, but I think that alternating home team stuff in these tournaments is absolute BS. If you're the higher seed, you should be the home team 100% of the time, IMO.

I agree in some cases.

However, in this case it helps us since Michigan is higher seed. I also have more of an issue in Regionals and Super Regionals where a team is rewarded to host and than not given home field every time. For a pre-determined tourney site like this I have less of a problem alternating. If you reward conference tourney to regular season champ than I have an issue not giving full home field advantage but predetermined I don't that much.

However, NCAA letting teams host but not letting them have full home field benefits is so fitting with how hypocritically they run the whole organization so no one should be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmbennett
Here at The Bart for the first elimination game of the day. Sophomore righty Pauly Milto on the mound for IU, junior left-hander Oliver Jaskie for Michigan.

Top 1st: Ako Thomas doubles to right center. Johnny Slater flies out to left. Michael Brdar strikes out swinging. Drew Lugbauer walks. Miles Lewis lines out to shortstop.

Scoreless heading into B1.

Bottom 1st: Tony Butler goes deep to left but gets robbed of the home run at the wall for the fly out. Matt Lloyd strikes out swinging. Luke Miller flies out to right.

Still scoreless heading into T2.

Michigan hit to center field bounces over wall, so only one Michigan runner scores. Ground rule double.

Now runners on second and third, Wolverines lead 2-0.

Top 2nd: Jake Bivens singles to right, then steals second. Nick Poirier hits a sac-fly, advancing Bivens to third. Jonathan Englemann hits an RBI single to center, scoring Bivens. Harrison Wenson flies out to left. Thomas walks, advancing Engelmann to second. Slater's ground-rule RBI double scores Engelmann and advances Thomas to third. Brdar grounds out to third.

Michigan 2, Indiana 0 heading into B2.

Bottom 2nd: Craig Dedelow strikes out swinging. Logan Sowers grounds out to shortstop. Matt Gorski pops out to the catcher.

Still 2-0 Michigan heading into T3.

Top 3rd: Lugbauer strikes out swinging. Lewis grounds out to first. Bivens singles up the middle. Poirier grounds out to third.

Still 2-0 Michigan heading into B3.

Just a single for Michigan in the top of the third.

On to the bottom of the third, Wolverines still lead 2-0.

Top 4th: Engelmann lines out to second. Wenson grounds out to second. Thomas singles to right. Slater grounds out to second.

Still 2-0 Michigan heading into B4.

Bottom 4th: Butler singles up the middle. Lloyd grounds out to second, advancing Butler to second. Miller strikes out swinging. Dedelow flies out to right.

Still 2-0 Michigan heading into T5.

Man that could have been big from Dedelow. Close.

Still 2-0 now going into the fifth.

Top 5th: Brdar singles to center, then gets caught stealing at second during Lugbauer's at-bat. Lugbauer strikes out swinging. Lewis grounds out to first.

Still 2-0 Michigan heading into B5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT