ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium

I think every time Omar Cooper catches the ball they should play the clip from the Wire of the kids yelling "Omar's coming!"
Thank you! I’ve been on this train all year. I even do it when he makes a big catch. It has NOT caught on in my section. Maybe no one has seen the wire?

I’ve also thought it would be awesome if the band would play the farmer in the dell on the flutes on some offensive pre-snaps.

Well if you were disappointed in the concessions, it’s a good thing you haven’t been before this year. There have been major renovations before this season with lots of additional food choices. Basically had hotdogs and popcorn before this year. Wonder about having food trucks outside the stadium? Yeah I don’t know why they didn’t swag surf!
lol. They have an area called the boulevard and it’s nothing but food trucks. I had a great time and didn’t go for the food. 😝

Way outside the box here, and at the expense of creating a cult of personality:

Song: “Hi my name is, what my name is, who, my name is”

Students: “chicka chicka CIGNETTI”

Maybe?

Pros:
  • New enough that college kids will remember it
  • Quick, memorable opening riff
  • Gets to the singable chorus quickly
  • Deals with drinking, and self-inflicted mistakes (hallmarks of Indiana Football)
  • Mentions "Cigs still burning". 😄
Cons:
  • Not a local artist (minor issue)
  • Deals with drinking, and self-inflicted mistakes (hallmarks of Indiana Football) 😄

The IU administration has no idea how to handle being successful. They weren’t expecting a season like this. Maybe they will wake up and put on big boy pants.
I have news for you I was at Florida Field for the UF - Miami game and there were crowds for concessions and bathrooms there and have always been. I was at the UF vs Georgia game in Jacksonville and it was the same. This is not a problem inherent to Memorial Stadium. It happens everywhere that the crowds reach capacity. Just adapt and enjoy this run while it is here.

It would have to be a catchy tune like Small Town. The band would probably have to play it in the stands for complete season first. Also pipe it in during pre-game warm ups.

Won’t back down tradition originated with Tom Petty’s death. Traditions generally take time and effort.
Yes Florida had already been singing We Are The Boys of Ole Florida at teh end of the 3rd quarter forever and added Won't Back Down after Tom Petty's death. As you stated.

No one except the coaches and the team saw this coming. I heard that on other parts of the stadium concession and bathroom lines were reasonable.
But I have not seen a game there since 1971.
It wasn't that long ago we swapped the old troughs for urinals which triggered the ADA requirements slowing the pee process down significantly.

I have news for you I was at Florida Field for the UF - Miami game and there were crowds for concessions and bathrooms there and have always been. I was at the UF vs Georgia game in Jacksonville and it was the same. This is not a problem inherent to Memorial Stadium. It happens everywhere that the crowds reach capacity. Just adapt and enjoy this run while it is here.
Gradman has never been to a larger stadium that was packed. Outside if places like LOS, They all have the same problems

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT