ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium

Yeah, mark me down as a soft no on the Speedwagon. Heh.
I get it, but just as relevant as Bon Jovi, which some here really like. When the White Sox adopted Don't Stop Believing in 2004, people ate it up. The St Louis Blues somehow landed on Gloria by Laura Branigan and it caught fire and carried them to a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: red hornet
You can mix in a lot of different songs that every generation will enjoy. The Boston Red Sox work in Neil Diamond with Dropkick Murphys. It can all work great if done correctly.
Exactly.

Everyone knows Creed sucks...but last year the Texas Rangers weird schtick got the whole town back on the Creed bandwagon. :)

In fact, another 4th Quarter nominee.
  • Guitar Riff
  • Uplifting chorus
  • Cheezy in a way students would dig
Downside is the chorus takes a while to get to.

Really only one option that would satisfy the young and old...

Girl Talk's "Oh No".

Ludicris mixed with Sabbath
"Teach Me How to Dougie" mixed with Jane's Addiction and MIA...

Get a radio friendly version and you have something for everyone. :)

Reactions: Tony Warwick
I get it, but just as relevant as Bon Jovi, which some here really like. When the White Sox adopted Don't Stop Believing in 2004, people ate it up. The St Louis Blues somehow landed on Gloria by Laura Branigan and it caught fire and carried them to a Stanley Cup.

Yeah, I'm probably a soft no on Bon Jovi too, but I get it, others are allowed to like music I don't.

We tried Don't Stop Believin, and it got some traction, but they didn't keep it going.

Tough to find one that will make everyone happy.

97gg5o.jpg

It would be great if IU could find a song that is uniquely Indiana (Mellencamp is the obvious one), but many songs that have zero affiliation with the state or region are beloved at their respective venues.

Sweet Caroline became a staple at Fenway Park at Fenway Park in 1997. Someone played it to honor a friend who just named their baby Caroline. Tom Petty’s Won’t Back Down is a great singalong and it’s relevant at a game. Most important would be that it be a fun singalong.

I doubt the musical powers in Bloomington could get a singalong right - if those are the powers that gave us the theme from Jaws, the theme from the Godfather, Wipeout and other generational songs embraced by dead people.

Sweet Caroline became a staple at Fenway Park at Fenway Park in 1997. Someone played it to honor a friend who just named their baby Caroline. Tom Petty’s Won’t Back Down is a great singalong and it’s relevant at a game. Most important would be that it be a fun singalong.

I doubt the musical powers in Bloomington could get a singalong right - if those are the powers that gave us the theme from Jaws, the theme from the Godfather, Wipeout and other generational songs embraced by dead people.
The funny Sweet Caroline is West Virginia, who yells Eat Shit Pitt, instead of bom bom bom.

Gotta figure out what the students like. They’re the key to making it work.
To a degree. Have they ever let the students vote on this, maybe put an online poll in the IDS?

My guess is that it would be Taylor Swift or some rave song and that's a no go. I also don't think you want some overplayed cliché Jock Jams song.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT