ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium

Florida sings a song by hometown hero Tom Petty. IU needs to sing something from Mellencamp. I suggest “Jack and Diane.”
Jack and Diane is not a happy song. It is hilarious to me that you are constantly saying the admin doesn't know what they are doing, and then you suggest that we get the crowd pumped by singing a song that goes:

Oh yeah, life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

What a banger.

We will rock you is fine. Not sure why they scrapped don't stop believin'. Jump Around is not acceptable. If they must use a jumping song, they should use Kris Kross, Van Halen, or both.

They’re definitely figuring things out as they go.

It took them til the 4th home game to get the Thunderstruck entrance down.

They’re still trying to figure out their big gimmick between the 3rd & 4th. They tried “Jump Around” yesterday. It did NOT get over with the crowd. They tested “Livin on a Prayer” which didn’t get too big of a reaction. The biggest reaction so far has been “We Will Rock You,” which is passe, but I guess we get what we get.

it’s slow, but what about “Turn the Page?” Probably Metallica version. Seems fairly appropriate
Green Onions would be awesome.

Man, Memorial Stadium is not setup for a sellout crowd. The East concourse was gridlock the entire game. If you need to piss or a beer or food, plan on missing over half a quarter.

However, I’m not gonna complain. It is awesome to see the crowd. Just drink something besides beer before the game so you don’t have to use the bathroom.
It wasn’t that bad. It’s more our fans aren’t used to this.

Hard rock, techno, rinse and repeat: it ain't rocket science. Who in the hell is controlling the playlist?
excellent question.....this gets my vote.

it has to be in there somewhere. maybe as the clock hits 00 when we administer a beatdown like we did yesterday

we played this more times than I can count and it killed every time

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Jack and Diane is not a happy song. It is hilarious to me that you are constantly saying the admin doesn't know what they are doing, and then you suggest that we get the crowd pumped by singing a song that goes:

Oh yeah, life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

What a banger.

We will rock you is fine. Not sure why they scrapped don't stop believin'. Jump Around is not acceptable. If they must use a jumping song, they should use Kris Kross, Van Halen, or both.
Nobody sings along to jack and Diane and then goes into depressed state after doing so. The idea is you get everyone to join together and something that they all know and can do together and when the entire stadium is all singing the same song, regardless of age or typical musical interest, it makes people feel goodand together and gets them excited

Man, Memorial Stadium is not setup for a sellout crowd. The East concourse was gridlock the entire game. If you need to piss or a beer or food, plan on missing over half a quarter.

However, I’m not gonna complain. It is awesome to see the crowd. Just drink something besides beer before the game so you don’t have to use the bathroom.

Wrong. Plan accordingly. The experience yesterday was what it's like at a like at any big time college football game.

Yesterday was a major improvement over the normal every other year OSU sellout. The problem IU fans have is you now need to plan on watching the football game. Get a beer and hit the restroom early and make dash during the action, not 10 minutes before kickoff or at halftime. This is a culture shift. It's no longer about luring fans into the game.

Remember when I asked if anyone here wanted to go in on a suite in the SEZ? Pretty sure I posted it twice. No one here took me up on it. After reading the issues you all experienced yesterday, I am realizing how spoiled my crew is. Shelter, heated and/or cooled, private bar, private restrooms, free food with a different menu each week. No fuss at all regardless how big the crowd gets. 🙌
You don’t know how long I thought about buying in but the 4.5 hour drive was too much a deterrent.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Wrong. Plan accordingly. The experience yesterday was what it's like at a like at any big time college football game.

Yesterday was a major improvement over the normal every other year OSU sellout. The problem IU fans have is you now need to plan on watching the football game. Get a beer and hit the restroom early and make dash during the action, not 10 minutes before kickoff or at halftime. This is a culture shift. It's no longer about luring fans into the game.
I know it had cleared some by late 3rd quarter but the folks sitting next to us got up to beat the beer cutoff and surprised me by returning to their seats in just a few minutes.

Having attended the Cincy game a few years ago, this seemed much better.

Remember when I asked if anyone here wanted to go in on a suite in the SEZ? Pretty sure I posted it twice. No one here took me up on it. After reading the issues you all experienced yesterday, I am realizing how spoiled my crew is. Shelter, heated and/or cooled, private bar, private restrooms, free food with a different menu each week. No fuss at all regardless how big the crowd gets. 🙌
Same. We decided to stick with our HHOC seats and I fully realize that we’re super spoiled. Seats we love (2nd only to the upper level suites IMO), a heated/AC room to retreat too. Rotating menu. Fast lane into the stadium. And section specific bathrooms. Worth every extra penny!

Nobody sings along to jack and Diane.
Fixed it for you.

I'm not really trying to be a jerk, but I've experienced the Jack and Diane commercial break. The reception was lukewarm at best. It's not a football song. It doesn't make people happy.

If Threshold by Sex Bob-omb is available sign me up for that, but only if we can do a holographic gorilla that kills the opposing teams mascot as well.

You take almost any chance to take a shot at IU and the administration.
And what's funny is how many posters told you how bad other stadiums are. Maybe their administration sucks too! :rolleyes:
Also, it was the administration that got us CCC in the first place!
He is happy being miserable

This was my first home game in 15 years.

Was surprised at how awful the concessions and concourse area was.

UCLA had an outdoor food area that was awesome. Fresh street tacos. Northwestern had 1/10th the crowd, but their outdoor area was incredible. So spacious.

The student section is an incredible asset but there's no leadership. They played swag surfin and only the first row did anything. You need actual people leading the cheers and coordination, instead of cheerleaders who shout "Let's Go Hoosiers!" at you when you're booing a bad call.

This was my first home game in 15 years.

Was surprised at how awful the concessions and concourse area was.

UCLA had an outdoor food area that was awesome. Fresh street tacos. Northwestern had 1/10th the crowd, but their outdoor area was incredible. So spacious.

The student section is an incredible asset but there's no leadership. They played swag surfin and only the first row did anything. You need actual people leading the cheers and coordination, instead of cheerleaders who shout "Let's Go Hoosiers!" at you when you're booing a bad call.
Well if you were disappointed in the concessions, it’s a good thing you haven’t been before this year. There have been major renovations before this season with lots of additional food choices. Basically had hotdogs and popcorn before this year. Wonder about having food trucks outside the stadium? Yeah I don’t know why they didn’t swag surf!

We got there early and bought three waters, a hotdog, popcorn and a bag of peanuts. We drank the water by halftime and wanted more water but the lines sucked and I'm not a person to wait in a line. It was parchy the second half for my bunch...

Another thing they should consider is putting porta pots throughout the stadium. Waiting in line 20 minutes to pee in a trough sucks...
There are free water refill stations around the stadium. One on the west side is by entrance 9 and was not too busy. I always bring an empty bottle and refill it a couple times during the game.

Reactions: muubell and td75
Fixed it for you.

I'm not really trying to be a jerk, but I've experienced the Jack and Diane commercial break. The reception was lukewarm at best. It's not a football song. It doesn't make people happy.

If Threshold by Sex Bob-omb is available sign me up for that, but only if we can do a holographic gorilla that kills the opposing teams mascot as well.
The most logical football song is "Backfield In Motion" by Mel and Tim. May not do much to fire up the crowd, though.

I stand corrected; the Hundred have only been hanging onto that Wipeout gig for 20 years and not 40 as I suggested. I likely misremember how long they have used the Jaws theme as well so I will not venture a guess. I support ALL things IU, including the band and it wasn't my intention to disparage them and/or any prior member(s) of the Hundred. Nevertheless, the IU band and their overall choice of music to entertain at football games is antiquated. We will be flying up for the game against WASH on Saturday. I look forward to experiecing the new winning IU football culture and I will still enjoy those old tunes that bring back memories of my time on campus and at games for all those years. Go HOOSIERS !

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT