ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Painter/PU doing what Matt Painter/PU does

I’ll guarantee you’ve been drunk more recently than I have.

But I’m a trained professional.

Go in piece, child.
I actually don't drink and don't like alcohol, and I'm an adult: swing and a miss.

You going to discuss basketball anytime soon and fill the board with your $9.99 wisdom or just keep doing your little shtick there?

I actually don't drink and don't like alcohol, and I'm an adult: swing and a miss.

You going to discuss basketball anytime soon and fill the board with your $9.99 wisdom or just keep doing your little shtick there?
You're discussing basketball and taking a poke at Purdue and IU hasn't even made the tournament the last 2 years.

You're a genius.

You may want to consider drinking - what you've been doing is pretty embarrassing, given your "sobriety."

Reactions: T.M.P.

By your own admission, you've never seen IU as an elite program, yet you talk like you're part of the legacy. Please go back to your fake law practice and leave the hoops talk to people who understand it. You're also the guy who guaranteed Brohm was leaving Purdue. In short, you keep making a fool of yourself.

What a jolly bunch, giving Saturday your very best. Seems what "Painter does", per the thread title, is set IU fans to bickering. Hell, who needs trolls?

Good luck with Sunday.

You're discussing basketball and taking a poke at Purdue and IU hasn't even made the tournament the last 2 years.

You're a genius.

You may want to consider drinking - what you've been doing is pretty embarrassing, given your "sobriety."
IU fired its previous coach, the coach that you were not capable of evaluating, for not being able to make it past the Sweet 16, whereas PU has hung onto their coach that cannot make it past the Sweet 16 because they can't do any better as a program or a coach. IU is in a much better position as a program than PU, and PU is going to suck. I've had to listen to the hype and annoying PU fans all year long about how year 13 was going to magically be different from Matt's other 12 years, and they hit their head on the Sweet 16 ceiling again. You're damn right I am making fun of them.

Stick to beer, Skippy. You obviously don't know diddly about basketball. I spend $9.99 on Netflix: I must be Martin Scorsese, lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: SIhoosier26
PS: Mrs O and I live in South Bend now. If you are still here, I would love to hang out.

I'm married to a Michigander. When the youngsters came to IU, on about our second trip here, she thought it would be nice to live here. So, I sold my share of my business and am enjoying an early retirement in B'town for about 10 months of the year, warmer climes in January.

I come to The Bend frequently though. Still lots of family and friends there. It would be great to meet up for a couple beers.

Reactions: ovaltine
By your own admission, you've never seen IU as an elite program, yet you talk like you're part of the legacy. Please go back to your fake law practice and leave the hoops talk to people who understand it. You're also the guy who guaranteed Brohm was leaving Purdue. In short, you keep making a fool of yourself.

Haha I forgot about that. Jimbo was convinced Brohm was leaving. I saw something on the athletic that said that Brohm wasn’t even contacted by Tennessee haha. Jimbo was so confident and it was never close to happening.

Haha I forgot about that. Jimbo was convinced Brohm was leaving. I saw something on the athletic that said that Brohm wasn’t even contacted by Tennessee haha. Jimbo was so confident and it was never close to happening.
Why do you keep bringing up football on an IU basketball site? I understand why you probably don't want to talk about PU basketball. There are actual football boards, and I am guessing PU has one as well.

IU fired its previous coach, the coach that you were not capable of evaluating, for not being able to make it past the Sweet 16, whereas PU has hung onto their coach that cannot make it past the Sweet 16 because they can't do any better as a program or a coach. IU is in a much better position as a program than PU, and PU is going to suck. I've had to listen to the hype and annoying PU fans all year long about how year 13 was going to magically be different from Matt's other 12 years, and they hit their head on the Sweet 16 ceiling again. You're damn right I am making fun of them.

Stick to beer, Skippy. You obviously don't know diddly about basketball. I spend $9.99 on Netflix: I must be Martin Scorsese, lol!
I evaluated him in Year 3.

He wasn't fired because he couldn't get past the S16, he was fired because his program was too variable, and he was too quirky. The big money donors tired of his antics, which again, were very visible in Year 3.

Right about the time you were trying to figure out if you should order sprinkles on your cone or not.

Why do you keep bringing up football on an IU basketball site? I understand why you probably don't want to talk about PU basketball. There are actual football boards, and I am guessing PU has one as well.

Because it was funny to remember how off you were on Brohm leaving. I’m sure you remember that.

I'm married to a Michigander. When the youngsters came to IU, on about our second trip here, she thought it would be nice to live here. So, I sold my share of my business and am enjoying an early retirement in B'town for about 10 months of the year, warmer climes in January.

I come to The Bend frequently though. Still lots of family and friends there. It would be great to meet up for a couple beers.
I'M married to a Michigander!!! Saginaw, to be specific. Moving back to South Bend (tonight is the first night we'll sleep in our new home) is a good thing.

First 2 rounds are on me.

Reactions: SBendguy
I evaluated him in Year 3.

He wasn't fired because he couldn't get past the S16, he was fired because his program was too variable, and he was too quirky. The big money donors tired of his antics, which again, were very visible in Year 3.

Right about the time you were trying to figure out if you should order sprinkles on your cone or not.
No, you did not: that is straight BS. You didn't have a clue well into the end of Crean's tenure, and you never offer any opinion of substance other than beer. You normally just end up attacking other posters and calling them names. You are a contrarian and pretentious ass that likes to pretend like you know something about basketball.

Last edited:
Because it was funny to remember how off you were on Brohm leaving. I’m sure you remember that.
Neat, PU has a football team. Go talk about it on the appropriate page. This is an IU basketball board: try to stay on topic here.

You want to talk about IU men's swimming? They are competing for a National Championship right now. How about wrestling, water polo, curling? Oh, I forgot, this is an IU basketball board. My fault.

This is like talking Purdue basketball on an IU board! Wow, you're a complete genius.

I for one, could care less about Brohm being at Purdue. Their isn't a collegiate sport that IU doesn't have a greater ceiling in than Purdue. They've just jacked around in football so long and are praying for Tom Allen to be the answer.

I for one, could care less about Brohm being at Purdue. Their isn't a collegiate sport that IU doesn't have a greater ceiling in than Purdue. They've just jacked around in football so long and are praying for Tom Allen to be the answer.

Isn’t a collegiate sport? IU football has never had a greater ceiling than Purdue and likely never will. I’ll give you men’s basketball, swimming, soccer (even though it doesn’t exist at Purdue), and other random sports. But no, IU doesn’t have a higher ceiling in every sport. That’s laughable.

People that know the game can make decisions by what they see and people who uses stats don't know the game as well. When you have to have stats show you what is going on instead of actually making decisions on your own then you don't know what you are looking for.
No, that's not true. Only idiots ignore facts. Eye test validates stats, stats validate eye test. A wise and intelligent person uses both. You are neither.

People who use stats know this, people who deny facts, well tend to be dumb and any eye test from them should probably be ignored as nothing but biased feelings from a dumb source.

*Couldn't ..

Last edited:
Isn’t a collegiate sport? IU football has never had a greater ceiling than Purdue and likely never will. I’ll give you men’s basketball, swimming, soccer (even though it doesn’t exist at Purdue), and other random sports. But no, IU doesn’t have a higher ceiling in every sport. That’s laughable.
Wow, PU has a historic .500 program in football, neat. Go talk about it on a football board, preferably PU's.

Neat, PU has a football team. Go talk about it on the appropriate page. This is an IU basketball board: try to stay on topic here.

You want to talk about IU men's swimming? They are competing for a National Championship right now. How about wrestling, water polo, curling? Oh, I forgot, this is an IU basketball board. My fault.
This is an IU basketball board, as you stated.

And you started a thread talking about Purdue basketball.

Which means you're taking the "Little Brother" role.

Congrats.

This is an IU basketball board, as you stated.

Which means you're taking the "Little Brother" role.

Congrats.
I am allowed to talk about basketball on here during the NCAA Tournament, including the state of a rival's program. Get a life.

You are as big of a phony ass as Crean. You aren't capable discussing basketball. Go talk about booze on the OTF or something. Your little shtick continues.

Last edited:

Yea, considering IU didn't do anything I don't get it either. I mean, I get enjoying Purdue losing, that's always fun, I get talking sh*t to PU fans too but we've sat at home for the last two tourneys, while they've had teams in national contention and I'm not sure that's worthy of talking sh*t about. This is bordering whack-job level beating a dead horse territory. Maybe it's time to break out the zit popping gifs...

Reactions: ovaltine
No, that's not true. Only idiots ignore facts. Eye test validates stats, stats validate eye test. A wise and intelligent person uses both. You are neither.

People who use stats know this, people who deny facts, well tend to be dumb and any eye test from them should probably be ignored as nothing but biased feelings from a dumb source.
You don't need stats to be able to tell that Texas Tech was more athletic and talented than PU. Stats and game tape have their place, but not necessary to do the aforementioned here.

I am allowed to talk about basketball on here during the NCAA Tournament, including the state of a rival's program. Get a life.

You are as big of a phony ass as Crean. You aren't capable discussing basketball. Go talk about booze on the OTF or something. Your little shtick continues.
You said yourself this is an IU board.

You didn't talk about IU basketball, you talked about Purdue.

In other words, you're the little brother. You should take your own advice - get a life.

This is pretty simple stuff.

Which explains your lack of comprehension.

You said yourself this is an IU board.

You didn't talk about IU basketball, you talked about Purdue.

In other words, you're the little brother. You should take your own advice - get a life.

This is pretty simple stuff.

Which explains your lack of comprehension.
IU and basketball are relevant here: don't twist my words. I am allowed to talk about basketball on here. I have talked about a variety of other basketball programs and teams on this board over the years. It doesn't mean I am "little brother" to said other schools. IU is clearly the better basketball program and in a better place as a program in comparison with PU. I talked a little s***: why do you care this much? Why keep responded to a thread that you don't like?

We get your little shtick. You are a contrarian and pick fights. You are pretentious. You aren't capable of making an original thought other than beer. Move on. And, don't belittle my intelligence: I'd bet I probably have more education than you.

Last edited:
IU and basketball are relevant here: don't twist my words. I am allowed to talk about basketball on here. I have talked about a variety of other basketball programs and teams on this board over the years. It doesn't mean I am "little brother" to said other schools. IU is clearly the better basketball program and in a better place as a program in comparison with PU. I talked a little s***: why do you care this much? Why keep responded to a thread that you don't like?

We get your little shtick. You are a contrarian and pick fights. You are pretentious. You aren't capable of making an original thought other than beer. Move on. And, don't belittle my intelligence: I'd bet I probably have more education than you.
You start a thread, calling Purdue "little brother" when they played in the tournament, while IU's missed the tournament 2 years in a row (and 3 of the last 5 years), but I'm the one that picks fights.

Your efforts in this thread are not illustrative of someone with even a modicum of education.

You start a thread, calling Purdue "little brother" when they played in the tournament, while IU's missed the tournament 2 years in a row (and 3 of the last 5 years), but I'm the one that picks fights.

Your efforts in this thread are not illustrative of someone with even a modicum of education.
If you aren't picking a fight, then stop responding: whatever point you have or don't have, it has been made. Move on to a different topic or, perhaps, add an original thought. If I really need to explain why IU is the better program than PU, then you are beyond help. Here's a hint: IU fired a coach that couldn't get past the Sweet 16, and PU's current coach is a lifer, going 13 years strong, and also can't get past the Sweet 16. At least IU is on the right track.

Your efforts resemble a drunk douche in a bar picking a fight: not exactly intelligent. This is basically your MO. Get a life. At least I am debating basketball instead of going after posters and name-calling.

Last edited:

He shared that belief with a lot of PU grads.

Not to break up the pillow fight here, but did any of the Boilies here think Matty might put Haas in for the last 30 seconds to recognize him and his career? I honestly thought he was going to.

If you aren't picking a fight, then stop responding: whatever point you have or don't have, it has been made. Move on to a different topic or, perhaps, add an original thought. If I really need to explain why IU is the better program than PU, then you are beyond help. Here's a hint: IU fired a coach that couldn't get past the Sweet 16, and PU's current coach is a lifer, going 13 years strong, and also can't get past the Sweet 16. At least IU is on the right track.

Your efforts resemble a drunk douche in a bar picking a fight: not exactly intelligent. This is basically your MO. Get a life. At least I am debating basketball instead of going after posters and name-calling.
So why are you still responding? You're illogical.

As you were in your OP to start this dim-witted thread, and in each subsequent response you make.

Go in peace, child.

Reactions: Block charge large
Apologies for name-calling. Frustrated Purdue played to their name, as usual. Now we are both watching what happens.

What about next year? I think if Wagner sticks around UM will be a helluva team and Illinois will surprise the B1G.
How will Illini surprise? Their frontcourt will be thin.

Glad you threw in the "I'm an adult".. wasn't sure

So why are you still responding? You're illogical.

As you were in your OP to start this dim-witted thread, and in each subsequent response you make.

Go in peace, child.
I'll stop responding when you prove you can transcend your little shtick. Once again, at least I was debating basketball. All you are capable of is picking fights and attacking others, and it is kind of sad and desperate.

Step away from the keyboard, old and drunken fool.

I'll stop responding when you prove you can transcend your little shtick. Once again, at least I was debating basketball. All you are capable of is picking fights and attacking others, and it is kind of sad and desperate.

Step away from the keyboard, old and drunken fool.
Boilers suck ass in the NCAA's. Little brother: welcome back!
Yep, "Boilers suck ass in the NCAA's" is definitely illustrative of an in-depth basketball discussion.

And calling them "Little brother" when IU's missed the tournament the last 2 years (and 3 of the last 5, and 6 of the last 10), well, that's just the cherry on the crap sundae you shat upon this forum.

Go in peace, child.

Yep, "Boilers suck ass in the NCAA's" is definitely illustrative of an in-depth basketball discussion.

And calling them "Little brother" when IU's missed the tournament the last 2 years (and 3 of the last 5, and 6 of the last 10), well, that's just the cherry on the crap sundae you shat upon this forum.

Go in peace, child.
I have made other basketball related posts in this thread, and everything has been basketball related. Pretty much everything that you have posted is an attack on me and name calling, which is the most ignorant form of debate.

I started this thread: I have nowhere to go! You have made it clear that you don't think much of this thread or me. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard for you to leave the thread. There's the door, old, drunken, and impotent fool.

Last edited:
I have made other basketball related posts in this thread, and everything has been basketball related. Pretty much everything that you have posted is an attack on me and name calling, which is the most ignorant form of debate.

I started this thread: I have nowhere to go! You have made it clear that you don't think much of this thread or me. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard for you to leave the thread. There's the door, old, drunken, and impotent fool.
Have some grace and tap out. You’re getting annihilated here.

You seem angry, child. I am here to heal you, for you are headed down a path of unhappiness, where you do not derive joy from your own accomplishments, but instead choose to revel in the misery of others.

That will poison your heart, child, especially if you suck enough ass, which you are doing over and over and over and over in this thread.

Namaste.

Reactions: Block charge large
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT