ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Painter/PU doing what Matt Painter/PU does

Can't say I'm disappointed that the Boilers lost, they're our rival so we should delight in it...however, not having Haas totally changed that team...they were Final Four good...

Reactions: largemouth
LOL!!!

Matt Painter, the PU program in general, and a chronic lack of athletes and major talent is what always causes PU to lose in the NCAA's. I've seen it over and over and over again. PU is what it is.

So you’re saying that having Haas wouldn’t have changed the outcome tonight?

Purdue has a ceiling under Painter, and that ceiling is the sweet 16. Next year it's back to the bubble.

Bubble? You think Carsen and that crap bench is a bubble team? I think they'll be down where we were this year, only their coach is still the same and there shouldn't be any excuse to be that bad that many years into establishing a program. Caught lightning in a bottle with CE, but man, Painter's recruiting the last three years (four, counting this lackluster incoming class) has been really spotty and will really cost them here in the next few years.

Last edited:
So you’re saying that having Haas wouldn’t have changed the outcome tonight?
No. PU got outclassed tonight by an athletically superior squad and coach. PU has a chronic problem that would take a miracle to change.

Just be happy with overachieving here and there. If you were expecting to see anything different this year than you saw last year with Swanigan AND Haas, then you aren't familiar with the definition of insanity.

Reactions: ufo33 and IUgradman
No. PU got outclassed tonight by an athletically superior squad and coach. PU has a chronic problem that would take a miracle to change.

Just be happy with overachieving here and there.

Yikes. You clearly don’t know much about basketball if you truly believe that.

I have never seen a PU Final Four in my lifetime. There are chronic themes/issues that prevent PU from performing in the NCAA's. If you want to live in lala land and ignore them, go for it. You know what you are getting from PU in the NCAA's and Matt.

I have never seen a PU Final Four in my lifetime. There are chronic themes/issues that prevent PU from performing in the NCAA's. If you want to live in lala land and ignore them, go for it. You know what you are getting from PU in the NCAA's and Matt.
I have actually saw a Purdue final four team but I was 10 years old and I am now 47.

Purdue peaked in January once again under Painter. Haas is gone. Purdue hit their ceiling the sweet 16.

Reactions: Tegray1
Well he is the guy who chooses to not look at numbers/stats but instead uses the look test to judge things.
People that know the game can make decisions by what they see and people who uses stats don't know the game as well. When you have to have stats show you what is going on instead of actually making decisions on your own then you don't know what you are looking for.

Yet our horrible ex coach has multiple players in the NBA, and some even doing very well. Olidipo and Yogi for example. Swanigan is in D-league and Horse, I mean Haas, will never see the NBA, except from the stands. Painter cannot develop players and I hope you sign him to a 10 year contract. CAM is the man and we will own you in the foreseeable future. Also why are you on our website, again. You just got put out of the sweet 16 and you are here? WTF?

Yet our horrible ex coach has multiple players in the NBA, and some even doing very well. Olidipo and Yogi for example. Swanigan is in D-league and Horse, I mean Haas, will never see the NBA, except from the stands. Painter cannot develop players and I hope you sign him to a 10 year contract. CAM is the man and we will own you in the foreseeable future. Also why are you on our website, again. You just got put out of the sweet 16 and you are here? WTF?

Own us? Lol. Your best coach didn’t own Purdue but Archie will?

Reactions: SantaBoiler
Own us? Lol. Your best coach didn’t own Purdue but Archie will?
You know as well as we do that once IU gets a coach that's worth sh*t the ceiling at IU is much higher based in the recruiting tendencies. We are already starting to see that with Archie's first class he put together in no time especially with Romeo. That being said I doubt IU would own Purdue head to head they never really have, they would just do better in the tournament.

Reactions: IUgradman
You know as well as we do that once IU gets a coach that's worth sh*t the ceiling at IU is much higher based in the recruiting tendencies. We are already starting to see that with Archie's first class he put together in no time especially with Romeo. That being said I doubt IU would own Purdue head to head they never really have, they would just do better in the tournament.

I agree re the higher ceiling. That’s different than owning. I really don’t think that’d happen in the series for an extended period of time.

Mike Davis sure did. Didn't he? Go back to your own PUke website. Nobody cares what you think little brother. We will win in football next year since it is in Bloomington, and CAM is a vastly better coach than Fainter.

When Keady was at the tail end of his career and couldn’t recruit? Yep I’ll give you that. And football? Brohm is going to coach circles around Allen. Some big-time recruits will jump on board for football this class. Fainter? Clever

When Keady was at the tail end of his career and couldn’t recruit? Yep I’ll give you that. And football? Brohm is going to coach circles around Allen. Some big-time recruits will jump on board for football this class. Fainter? Clever
Talking football s*** on a basketball board, lol.

Reactions: IUgradman
Apologies for name-calling. Frustrated Purdue played to their name, as usual. Now we are both watching what happens.

What about next year? I think if Wagner sticks around UM will be a helluva team and Illinois will surprise the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT