ADVERTISEMENT

Massive Winter Storm

Government is not the answer. The answer lies deep inside you. What are You going to do? Are you going to spend your money in a way to positively impact the environment? Are you going to incur some suffering (no AC) in order to help out with energy usage.
I know you're being a bit, a tad, somewhat? flippant with Hickory here, but, what is government's role on the environment. It seems to me governments are uniquely positioned to effect change in that area. I'm not one of these "we've got 12 years till doomsday" alarmists and definitely not a climate change denier. But, left to its own devices, I don't see the "market" making a decision to curb their emissions or resort to alternative power sources.

Overly restrictive regulations will never get anywhere b/c they'll never become law and just get overturned by the next administration. Public/private partnerships are probably the answer, but the "public" is a huge part of that b/c only government can administer criminal or financial punishments (unless you think the private sector will police their own - bwahahahaha).

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I know you're being a bit, a tad, somewhat? flippant with Hickory here, but, what is government's role on the environment. It seems to me governments are uniquely positioned to effect change in that area. I'm not one of these "we've got 12 years till doomsday" alarmists and definitely not a climate change denier. But, left to its own devices, I don't see the "market" making a decision to curb their emissions or resort to alternative power sources.

Overly restrictive regulations will never get anywhere b/c they'll never become law and just get overturned by the next administration. Public/private partnerships are probably the answer, but the "public" is a huge part of that b/c only government can administer criminal or financial punishments (unless you think the private sector will police their own - bwahahahaha).
There is a lot of wealth accumulated by folks that are genuinely concerned about the environment. Personally I don't see this as a progressive vs conservative issue. Unless your answer to the problem rests with government. People should be using their wealth to make the environment better. They should be directly involved. My examples to Hickory were things someone like myself, I haven't any real wealth, can do. It's all about scale. Folks with real wealth can do more and lasting things. We don't need government or donations that are used as tax write offs. We need folks with real wealth directly involved. Less preaching and more dirt work.

There is a lot of wealth accumulated by folks that are genuinely concerned about the environment. Personally I don't see this as a progressive vs conservative issue. Unless your answer to the problem rests with government. People should be using their wealth to make the environment better. They should be directly involved. My examples to Hickory were things someone like myself, I haven't any real wealth, can do. It's all about scale. Folks with real wealth can do more and lasting things. We don't need government or donations that are used as tax write offs. We need folks with real wealth directly involved. Less preaching and more dirt work.
Spoken like a true liberal, you like spending other People’s Money.

Reactions: stollcpa
You write this a lot. Why? Do you think that’s a bad thing? Are you for loan forgiveness the Dems are pushing? Eviction moratoriums the Dems continue to push? You’re for massive stimulus bills giving away free shit but against debts? On and on. Do you just have selective angst depending on the jersey? I’m pro business and right of center but support debtor “havens.” I don’t think judgments should be able to be recorded for decades. I think bankruptcy protection is a good thing and should be expanded to include student loans. I like homestead. I like tenants by the entireties protection from judgment creditors. On and on.

So you write this about Florida and Texas a lot. Why? Is it just an uninformed dig at republicans? Because consumer debt relief is far more left than right from a legal perspective.
"Is it just an uninformed dig at republicans?"

What else do they have?

I appreciate that the science may be difficult for you.

A trained scientist has to write down all those two-digit historical temperatures taken over the past 170+ years or so (in the US). Then, using third grade arithmetic principles, he/she has to calculate average annual temperatures for each location for which there are readings. I am told people used to calculate these averages with pencil and paper. If you can use a non-scientific calculator, you might be able to do this yourself, once you grasp the basics.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE/]
"Science" - the standard go-to when you don't have any facts to back it up.

You think you know third grade math, but you don't understand the statistics around covid and who it really affects, so you and your ilk want to shut down the economy and give dictatorial power to politicians.

You don't know shit from shinola when it comes to the climate or anything else. You're an internet PhD in nothing.

He's posted this numerous times in the past re Texas and Florida and I'm trying to understand why and what issues he has with their policies as they relate to debtors.
He has nothing. They're Republican states - that's it.

Try to pin any of these idiots down and they have to wait to get their reply from whatever CNN and MSNBC tells them.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
At least he knows how to use the quote function properly

So, who on here is an expert (not "expert") on any of the topics you mentioned (Covid, climate change, etc.)? In case you haven't noticed, this board is lousy with PhD's on every topic, some on multiple topics. In your opinion, whose opinions are valid?
Don't tell me I don't know 'science' when your degree is in gender studies.

• Haha
Don't tell me I don't know 'science' when your degree is in gender studies.
I have 4 degrees in science, and yet you tell me that I don't know science.

We know from experience that most of your thoughts come from a position of extreme fact deprivation, illogical thinking, and just plain raw stupidity.

When we need an idiotic position as our "negative control", you (or Mas) are always it.

We know from experience that most of your thoughts come from a position of extreme fact deprivation, illogical thinking, and just plain raw stupidity.

When we need an idiotic position as our "negative control", you (or Mas) are always it.
Can you still get degrees from the back of matchbook covers ?

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC

No, I tell you that you're thd Village Idiot. I was talking about stuffshot, but if the shoe fits.....

Even taking you at your word about your degrees, which I don't, you'd still be a gullible idiot.

No, I tell you that you're thd Village Idiot.

Even taking you at your word about your degrees, which I don't, you'd still be a gullible idiot.
See, here's what I'm talking about. I think Outside Shooter is an insufferable dbag a large percentage of the time, but I do believe him on his science resume.
Yet, you are lumping him into the group you are referring to as "know nothings" that you're not going to let lecture you on science.
Yet Farva is running around telling everyone to go ahead and take off their masks, because health officials are stupid...a hot take I assume he got from Laura Ingraham.

See, here's what I'm talking about. I think Outside Shooter is an insufferable dbag a large percentage of the time, but I do believe him on his science resume.
Yet, you are lumping him into the group you are referring to as "know nothings" that you're not going to let lecture you on science.
Yet Farva is running around telling everyone to go ahead and take off their masks, because health officials are stupid...a hot take I assume he got from Laura Ingraham.

You’ve already had Covid. Take off the mask.

Outside Shitter has displayed nothing that even remotely indicates he's educated. And sorry - I don't take an anonymous dbag, as you so accurately call him, at his word that he has even a high school degree.

I don't even know who Farva is, but I occassionally watch Ingraham and she hasn't encouraged anyone to take off their mask, as far as I know.

This is why when rockfish would get all pissed off and start spouting about the dunning-kruger effect it was so silly. unless it's regarding a very specific area of expertise (for me anything related to the beautiful game; maniacal cardio; hand to hand combat; and a few other specific areas ) everything most all of us write is subject to same. it's only a message board and most of us are just shooting from the hip with our opinions. we rarely have time to research and vet same.

Outside Shitter has displayed nothing that even remotely indicates he's educated. And sorry - I don't take an anonymous dbag, as you so accurately call him, at his word that he has even a high school degree.

I don't even know who Farva is, but I occassionally watch Ingraham and she hasn't encouraged anyone to take off their mask, as far as I know.

You should get to know Farva. Swell guy.

With all due respect, what evidence have you displayed to indicate anything above a high school diploma, with all due respect?

tn4.jpg

With all due respect, what evidence have you displayed to indicate anything above a high school diploma, with all due respect?

tn4.jpg
Nice deflection, and a good excuse to use a meme I'm guessing you've been wanting to use for a while, but your buddies are the ones using 'science' as their mantra. Not me.

I could well be a high school dropout and be able to use logic and read - and understand - statistics better than they can. Or you, for that matter, although I notice you don't like to take a position, but would rather hurl dung and troll others.

Nice deflection, and a good excuse to use a meme I'm guessing you've been wanting to use for a while, but your buddies are the ones using 'science' as their mantra. Not me.

I could well be a high school dropout and be able to use logic and read - and understand - statistics better than they can. Or you, for that matter, although I notice you don't like to take a position, but would rather hurl dung and troll others.
Where did I deflect? I made my opinion clear on OS, and his credentials in one area (science). I guess you disagree. I don't care about your educational level, but I did ask the question to make a point. You obviously missed it.
Finally, you hurl more dung than everyone on this board combined when you disagree with them. That being said, doesn't a cursory analysis of my dung targets indicate my positions? If not, that's on you.

Where did I deflect? I made my opinion clear on OS, and his credentials in one area (science). I guess you disagree. I don't care about your educational level, but I did ask the question to make a point. You obviously missed it.
Finally, you hurl more dung than everyone on this board combined when you disagree with them. That being said, doesn't a cursory analysis of my dung targets indicate my positions? If not, that's on you.
Your only point was to fling dung at me. It's not me who's pushing an agenda here. But, of course, you choose not to acknowledget that.

I know your targets - I'm one of them. So, feel free to f>ck off any time.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Your only point was to fling dung at me. It's not me who's pushing an agenda here. But, of course, you choose not to acknowledget that.

I know your targets - I'm one of them. So, feel free to f>ck off any time.
Whatever. You got disagreed with, that's all, and your way of handling it is to call others idiots, numbnuts. Outside Shitter, Village Idiot, Nancy, intellectual lightweight, dumbass...and on and on...and that's just the one word gems you have used on people who have disagreed with you, on this board, since Thursday. Not to mention your other hot takes on others, that are a little more verbose, and mostly painted with a very broad brush.

So, stop trying to act like you're a founding member of the Algonquin Roundtable, and I'm some uncouth ne're-do-well who shit in the punchbowl. Man up, own your BS, and for cripe's sake, stop the whining.

Whatever. You got disagreed with, that's all, and your way of handling it is to call others idiots, numbnuts. Outside Shitter, Village Idiot, Nancy, intellectual lightweight, dumbass...and on and on...and that's just the one word gems you have used on people who have disagreed with you, on this board, since Thursday. Not to mention your other hot takes on others, that are a little more verbose, and mostly painted with a very broad brush.

So, stop trying to act like you're a founding member of the Algonquin Roundtable, and I'm some uncouth ne're-do-well who shit in the punchbowl. Man up, own your BS, and for cripe's sake, stop the whining.
You take the time to document all my insults (while failing to mention every one was directed at me first), and then accuse me of whining?

Another one of your typically content-free posts.

You take the time to document all my insults (while failing to mention every one was directed at me first), and then accuse me of whining?

Yours lacks content, too, right?

"All your insults". Haha. That list took 30 seconds.
I'll tell you what...let's see some content from you, in a post where you disagree with someone, without name-calling.
Go.,

"All your insults". Haha. That list took 30 seconds.
I'll tell you what...let's see some content from you, in a post where you disagree with someone, without name-calling.
Go.,
You seem to be obsessed with following me around. Do your own research.

Use some of your hard earned money and purchase some acres. Plant those acres in Chinkapin oaks. Plant warm season grasses. Remove all field tiles on the property in order to improve surface area for runoff. These are things you can do to help the environment. Don't wait on your politicians. As far as energy usage....remove your AC unit then you are not tempted to use. Stop preaching and do your part.

Come on man! Him and those of his political ilk are mostly losers who haven’t created much on their own. The want government to take care of them from birth to death and after death take care of their children and grandchildren.

Come on man! Him and those of his political ilk are mostly losers who haven’t created much on their own. The want government to take care of them from birth to death and after death take care of their children and grandchildren.
I don't know him so I can't make those assumptions. We most definitely are on the 4th generation of some families on welfare. The sad thing is that's all they know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT