ADVERTISEMENT

Massive Winter Storm

I'll hold you to it
Joe Rogan and Elon Musk, the de facto spokespeople for Texas transplants, are real cozy with governor Abbott. They will not fail.

We will circle the wagons and beat back this menace. The survival of the Republic of Texas and indeed the union depends on it.

If I have to move back down there myself to get us another vote in the R column, so be it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Joe Rogan and Elon Musk, the de facto spokespeople for Texas transplants, are real cozy with governor Abbott. They will not fail.

We will circle the wagons and beat back this menace. The survival of the Republic of Texas and indeed the union depends on it.

If I have to move back down there myself to get us another vote in the R column, so be it.

I'll head to Fla and do the same.

The lib Dems leaving California because of the shit show Dems have made of it are heading to Texas. And be damned if they don’t vote for the same idiocy they left in California.

And yet Texas has a $1 billion deficit in their 2021 budget, Florida a $3.3 billion projected deficit, while California has a $15 billion surplus. I’m not an accountant, but those numbers don’t coincide with your perception.

And yet Texas has a $1 billion deficit in their 2021 budget, Florida a $3.3 billion projected deficit, while California has a $15 billion surplus. I’m not an accountant, but those numbers don’t coincide with your perception.
I think there's a difference between what's good for individuals and individual businesses and what's good for the government's bottom line. There's not a chance in hell I'd start a business in Calif. And believe me if I had endless resources no state compares to california in terms of just fantastic beauty and fun shit to do. i love it there, as anyone should

I think there's a difference between what's good for individuals and individual businesses and what's good for the government's bottom line. There's not a chance in hell I'd start a business in Calif. And believe me if I had endless resources no state compares to california in terms of just fantastic beauty and fun shit to do. i love it there, as anyone should
You’re a pro-business Republican and look at it through that lens. I get it. I wouldn’t start up a large company or move it to California either, although I don’t see as much downside to small mom and pop businesses out here. I just look at it as what’s best for the overall citizenry and lean toward the lifestyle you mentioned above.

I get defensive when people attack California because I constantly have to justify my continued residency here, with the cost of living. So far, the lifestyle has won out. I could see myself retiring in Bloomington though. Indiana frustrates me in ways, but it still has my heart.

You’re a pro-business Republican and look at it through that lens. I get it. I wouldn’t start up a large company or move it to California either, although I don’t see as much downside to small mom and pop businesses out here. I just look at it as what’s best for the overall citizenry and lean toward the lifestyle you mentioned above.

I get defensive when people attack California because I constantly have to justify my continued residency here, with the cost of living. So far, the lifestyle has won out. I could see myself retiring in Bloomington though. Indiana frustrates me in ways, but it still has my heart.
That's fair. And I understand re the lifestyle if you can afford it. Nowhere else compares imo

Reactions: Morrison
You have no clue how climate change works.
And, of course, you - the Village Idiot - do understand it. At least you understand what you're being told by other people who don't know anything about it.

Let's face it - if enough people repeat a lie long enough, you'll believe it.

Reactions: Lucy01
I left Indiana for Texas in 1980. What's the old saying? I wasn't born a Texan but I got here as fast as I could. This place is great. I can't wait for the Texas secession to take place we can get away from Gestapo Joe and his wicked witch of the West not to mention other crazies like AOC and pelosi. Trump is gone and we have all those California people who moved here to get away from California govt. Expect Republican landslides to be the norm again. Dems had their chance when idiot Trump was running and still couldn't beat him in Texas. Democrats are now quite busy in Texas complaining about the power and water companies because they had issues with a winter storm that might happen every hundred years. Rest of us have moved on and snow/ice is all melted as temps are back to 70ish. It will be 100 everyday soon enough. Was wearing Tee shirt and shorts cutting up fallen tree limbs yesterday.

I left Indiana for Texas in 1980. What's the old saying? I wasn't born a Texan but I got here as fast as I could. This place is great. I can't wait for the Texas secession to take place we can get away from Gestapo Joe and his wicked witch of the West not to mention other crazies like AOC and pelosi. Trump is gone and we have all those California people who moved here to get away from California govt. Expect Republican landslides to be the norm again. Dems had their chance when idiot Trump was running and still couldn't beat him in Texas. Democrats are now quite busy in Texas complaining about the power and water companies because they had issues with a winter storm that might happen every hundred years. Rest of us have moved on and snow/ice is all melted as temps are back to 70ish. It will be 100 everyday soon enough. Was wearing Tee shirt and shorts cutting up fallen tree limbs yesterday.
So you moved from a deep red state to a purpling state. Makes sense.

Democrats are now quite busy in Texas complaining about the power and water companies because they had issues with a winter storm that might happen every hundred years. Rest of us have moved on and snow/ice is all melted as temps are back to 70ish.
I want my FEMA money back.

The worst of it is in Texas and it’s their own fault. They didn’t want to deal with the feds so they built their own power grid and the damn thing can’t handle the extremes of frigid cold weather. Live and learn, Texas.
Only because the EPA won't let the spin up the power plants to 100% despite this crisis. They are limited to 60% output to meet the EPA standards.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
And, of course, you - the Village Idiot - do understand it. At least you understand what you're being told by other people who don't know anything about it.

You sure are an expert in being brainwashed. Now when will you figure out it is you that have been victim to it.

You sure are an expert in being brainwashed. Now when will you figure out it is you that have been victim to it.
Another brilliant comeback by the village idiot. Can only repeat what he's been accused of.

What a simp.

Reactions: Lucy01

Why are people leaving California?

And both states are havens for debtors. What's not for Republicans to like?
You write this a lot. Why? Do you think that’s a bad thing? Are you for loan forgiveness the Dems are pushing? Eviction moratoriums the Dems continue to push? You’re for massive stimulus bills giving away free shit but against debts? On and on. Do you just have selective angst depending on the jersey? I’m pro business and right of center but support debtor “havens.” I don’t think judgments should be able to be recorded for decades. I think bankruptcy protection is a good thing and should be expanded to include student loans. I like homestead. I like tenants by the entireties protection from judgment creditors. On and on.

So you write this about Florida and Texas a lot. Why? Is it just an uninformed dig at republicans? Because consumer debt relief is far more left than right from a legal perspective.

So nothing of substance?

Politicians have a lot more power to enact environmental changes that would have real impact.

I do what i can personally with recycling and such but that amounts to peanuts compared to what the epa could accomplish if they actually worked to help the environment instead of deregulation of protections.

I understand you are just being an internet troll but try harder.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Politicians have a lot more power to enact environmental changes that would have real impact.

I do what i can personally with recycling and such but that amounts to peanuts compared to what the epa could accomplish if they actually worked to help the environment instead of deregulation of protections.

Politicians with power. You love it

I appreciate that the science may be difficult for you.

A trained scientist has to write down all those two-digit historical temperatures taken over the past 170+ years or so (in the US). Then, using third grade arithmetic principles, he/she has to calculate average annual temperatures for each location for which there are readings. I am told people used to calculate these averages with pencil and paper. If you can use a non-scientific calculator, you might be able to do this yourself, once you grasp the basics.

Good luck!

Use some of your hard earned money and purchase some acres. Plant those acres in Chinkapin oaks. Plant warm season grasses. Remove all field tiles on the property in order to improve surface area for runoff. These are things you can do to help the environment. Don't wait on your politicians. As far as energy usage....remove your AC unit then you are not tempted to use. Stop preaching and do your part.

Use some of your hard earned money and purchase some acres. Plant those acres in Chinkapin oaks. Plant warm season grasses. Remove all field tiles on the property in order to improve surface area for runoff. These are things you can do to help the environment. Don't wait on your politicians. As far as energy usage....remove your AC unit then you are not tempted to use. Stop preaching and do your part.

I am doing my part. That also includes voting for politicians that will also do their part.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
That would require him to put his money where his mouth is...not likely.

I am doing my part. That also includes voting for politicians that will also do their part.
Government is not the answer. The answer lies deep inside you. What are You going to do? Are you going to spend your money in a way to positively impact the environment? Are you going to incur some suffering (no AC) in order to help out with energy usage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT