ADVERTISEMENT

What do college teams spend their recruiting budgets on?

That shed is the only interesting thing about iu bball. But it’s super interesting. They could get a reality show The Shed. Give us a window of what dirty stuff goes on in there
Stripper Pole Dancing GIF by P-Valley

or
demi moore dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

or maybe
sexy chris farley GIF by Saturday Night Live

I read on this site that IU's coaches are lazy, don't recruit, etc.

So what did they spend the millions (is it $2+ million? $3 million?) on? A few pounds of crab legs?
For all of Woodson’s issues wrt to his offense and defense, as well as substitution patterns, I think his lack of experience with recruiting at the college level has been his greatest problem. He had been recruited decades previously but his experience after that was zero coming into his new spot. It’s as if he thinks players are just going to fall in his lap.

Recruiting is hard, dirty, never-ending work. Woodson just wasn’t prepared. You have to be on the road, in the air, in the gyms, and on the phones all the fvckin time. You have to fight and grind.

Should have been talking with McNeely once a day after he signed. Even if only for a minute or two. This was his greatest failure and Dolson should have fired him the evening of the day McNeely backed out.

For all of Woodson’s issues wrt to his offense and defense, as well as substitution patterns, I think his lack of experience with recruiting at the college level has been his greatest problem. He had been recruited decades previously but his experience after that was zero coming into his new spot. It’s as if he thinks players are just going to fall in his lap.

Recruiting is hard, dirty, never-ending work. Woodson just wasn’t prepared. You have to be on the road, in the air, in the gyms, and on the phones all the fvckin time. You have to fight and grind.

Should have been talking with McNeely once a day after he signed. Even if only for a minute or two. This was his greatest failure and Dolson should have fired him the evening of the day McNeely backed out.
Until this year, it seemed to work in terms of star ratings. Of course, a lot of that was the pipeline from Montverde.

But that, then, raises the question: what is the program spending millions of dollars on in recruiting? Calls and flights to Montverde academy?

I read on this site that IU's coaches are lazy, don't recruit, etc.

So what did they spend the millions (is it $2+ million? $3 million?) on? A few pounds of crab legs?
So far they have nothing to show for it.

Might as well spend it on strippers for the good it is doing

Until this year, it seemed to work in terms of star ratings. Of course, a lot of that was the pipeline from Montverde.

But that, then, raises the question: what is the program spending millions of dollars on in recruiting? Calls and flights to Montverde academy?
I think we just got “lucky” with Montverde. Not sure how they got Hood-Schifino but Reneau just fell in his lap after the coaching change at Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT