ADVERTISEMENT

Masculinity

Was Jesus masculine?

Bruh...he had to drag his own crucifix in sweltering heat 600 meters to his own execution. He had a crown of thorns beaten upon his head. He was spat on, ridiculed and beaten along this trek. He was nailed to the damned thing with the equivalent of railroad spikes. Then he spent 6 hours on it before he succumbed to his torturers. At any time he could've called down the wrath of his father upon his enemies, but he had not only accepted his fate, but also possessed the grace to ask his father to forgive them before he succumbed. And then 3 days later dude is back from the fecking dead? That's some next level, old school masculinity right there.

I'd like to see John Rambo pull off some shit like that.

Or so I have been told, I mean I dunno...

Last edited:
frequent gifs and photos (Jared, for example, is a favorite of one poster in particular) featuring good-looking men, and gay sex-themed insults,
453199d90efa0faff6d913502904db0f.gif

The only really good female friends I have are significant others of my guy friend(s). I think that is normal.
I had to think about this and I agree. I see Brad's point but the qualifier "really good femal friends" narrows it significantly.

Bruh...he had to drag his own crucifix in sweltering heat 600 meters to his own execution. He had a crown of thorns beaten upon his head. He was spat on, ridiculed and beaten along this trek. He was nailed to the damned thing with the equivalent of railroad spikes. Then he spent 6 hours on it before he succumbed to his torturers. At any time he could've called down the wrath of his father upon his enemies, but he had not only accepted his fate, but also possessed the grace to ask his father to forgive them before he succumbed. And then 3 days later dude is back from the fecking dead? That's some next level, old school masculinity right there.

Meh. Did he ever have to sit through 8 year old soccer in 40 degrees and rain? Now THATs torture.

Dude banged zero chicks, played zero sports, preached turn the other cheek, doubtful he could bench his weight, and had long hair that could easily put into a man bun. Hardly the definition of masculinity in the 20th or 21st centuries.

• Haha
Reactions: All4You
Uh huh. He should try that cute little headbutt on Myles Garrett and see how manly he still is.

There are levels to this stuff.
Myles would cry if this guy showed up. There are certainly levels to this.

Training style​

Karelin was revered for his extraordinary strength and unprecedented success in international competition. He competed in the heaviest weight class of his day, 130 kg (286 lb). His coach was at first skeptical about a big but undeveloped boy, yet he accepted Karelin and motivated him for hard training, both in wrestling technique and physical strength. As a result, over the years Karelin progressed from 0 to 42 pull-ups.[24][55] His conditioning and quickness combined with his dominance of the sport, led to him being known as "The Experiment". When asked why he thought he was called that (referring to a biased opinion on his alleged PED use), Karelin noted that: "No one can completely believe that I am natural. The most important drug is to train like a madman – really like a madman. The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life like I train every day of my life."[56]

Karelin's daily training drills included hours of rowing and long runs through Taiga forest often with a large log on his back.[57][58][59] He favored the overhead press and also used standard 2-pood kettlebells (32 kilograms (71 lb)) for arm exercises at a daily weight routine. He would clean and press 190 kilograms (420 lb).[58] He would reportedly do 10 reps of 200 kilograms (440 lb) of Zercher deadlifts.[60] Karelin would routinely bench press 204 kilograms (450 lb) or more as part of his workout.[61] Tuomo Karila, a Finnish wrestler, while following Karelin's training routine, observed that Karelin was able to do around 50 chin-ups within a minute, and praised his strength and agility.[52] Despite his large physique, he was flexible and agile enough to do backflips and splits.[31][62] When asked about his toughest opponent, Karelin instantly replied: "My refrigerator," referring to the time for which he bear hugged his refrigerator, weighing over 500lbs,[4][63] and carried it up through eight flights of stairs of his hometown 9-storied apartment building.[64][16][65][66][67] Karelin also took part in a strongman competition, that being the 1991 European Hercules, and without prior preparation, he managed to placed 8th.[68][69]

• Love
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
What you said, with the emphasis mine: "If a man is masculine, then he is either saying he is better than women or trying to rule them."

From your phrasing, it isn't the woman's perspective of masculinity you were talking about, it is what a man thinks he's supposed to be doing, to be a manly man. And it's silly.

Masculinity has changed a bit with the times. I think back to my late father, born in 1922, who thought that any form of cooking was "woman's work". He literally could not fry an egg. Would he have ever marinated and smoked a rack of ribs? No way. Is that a manly job? Sure is.

One of the self-proclaimed "dream teamers" on here waxes poetic about his manliness. But... he has admitted that he doesn't even know how to inflate a tire. How unmanly can you get? I can imagine his conversation with his wife: "Honey, can you take the car to the shop and have them pump up the tires. I don't know how!". But oh wait. His wife left him for a more manly chick. Never mind!
Have you noticed that feminists when asked about cooking go into a rage because they too view cooking as traditionally, "woman's work"? I was not talking about a man's perspective before. I was talking about how feminists today confuse masculinity with misogyny. I did appreciate you bringing that word into the discussion.

Sounds like the way Cray was treated by the Pharaohs here.

** No I am not blasphemy Jesus, so shut up.

Have you noticed that feminists when asked about cooking go into a rage because they too view cooking as traditionally, "woman's work"? I was not talking about a man's perspective before. I was talking about how feminists today confuse masculinity with misogyny. I did appreciate you bringing that word into the discussion.
I like cooking Van. Granted a good meal takes at least an hour, and is eaten in less than 15 minutes.

But seeing as I’ve been watching The Bear, I often have ideas of walking away from it all and going to Culinary school. Getting a menial back of the house job somewhere and working my way up. Maybe Goat could hook me up.

I like cooking Van. Granted a good meal takes at least an hour, and is eaten in less than 15 minutes.

But seeing as I’ve been watching The Bear, I often have ideas of walking away from it all and going to Culinary school. Getting a menial back of the house job somewhere and working my way up. Maybe Goat could hook me up.
Make money first. then find that sweet spot where you can’t take it another day but have the energy to start a new project

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
There is nothing more physically dominating than wrestling.

Also, never fight a wrestler.
😄

We were playing Tennessee SC (Nashville) down there this Spring for the top of the division...intense game.

Parent brawl almost breaks out when one of their dad's came down to our end yapping. My neighbor (daughter also on the team) ex-Army, ex-Indiana wrestler, stands up with his Indiana Wrestling sweatshirt on and asks the guy if he wants to go "talk under the stands".

Guy tucks and runs...smart. 😄

Have you noticed that feminists when asked about cooking go into a rage because they too view cooking as traditionally, "woman's work"? I
No, never.

Pastor, how many "feminists" do you know? I'd guess zero, or close to it, and you're making stuff up.

Some feminists may be quite annoyed because they find themselves with some knuckle-dragging man who believes all of the crap that the patriarchy / pastors / morons have long decreed, that they ought to stay at home, cook, pop out babies, and "freshen up for when your man comes home".

They just embarrass you. They don't even kick your ass, they just make you look like a child. While laughing the whole time.

yes, that's specific.
At the house in college we would often come home on the verge of blacked out and have hallway wrestling matches. Some of the guys were HS wrestlers. The rug burns were brutal.

I would of course get my ass kicked, but the wrestlers were always frustrated. My skin and bone cross country/ track body was just too flexible. Spladle, arm bar, it didn’t matter, it was like trying to submit a Gumby.

They just embarrass you. They don't even kick your ass, they just make you look like a child. While laughing the whole time.

yes, that's specific.
I witnessed a good old-fashioned ass kicking that a buddy of mine gave a guy who had a good 30 lbs on him. We were juniors in HS, and he'd already been to 2 semi-states in 2 different weight classes. Just destroyed this guy in the blink of an eye while a couple of the dude's buddies just helplessly watched it.

I used hang out with some of the club rugby guys at IU. When things started getting rowdy, I usually performed a flawless french exit. They're "let's take turns throwing each down the stairs" nuts, but nothing compares to wrestlers.

At the house in college we would often come home on the verge of blacked out and have hallway wrestling matches. Some of the guys were HS wrestlers. The rug burns were brutal.

I would of course get my ass kicked, but the wrestlers were always frustrated. My skin and bone cross country/ track body was just too flexible. Spladle, arm bar, it didn’t matter, it was like trying to submit a Gumby.
My dad was a really good wrestler. They just move different than other athletes.

The traditional male role in my book is to show respect to a lady by being courteous, respectful, and be a good listener.

P.S. Good listeners don't probe but prompt conversations with questions such as, "Do you normally have sex on the first date, or wait until the second date?".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT