ADVERTISEMENT

Mallory McMorrow kicks some QAnon (adjacent) Butt...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
If you're like many of us wondering how individual Dem lawmakers could fight back against baseless QAnon- type charges being levelled against them by some of their more extremist GOP colleagues, this brief speech from Dem Michigan State Senator on the floor of the MI Senate yesterday provides some clarity and direction.

Now I don't know if the Republican Senator in question (Lana Theis) is a full blown Q Nut. But she sent out a fundraising letter filled with Q centric charges against Mrs McMorrow accusing her of being "pro-pedophile" and characterizing her as a "groomer". So I l'm labelling Theis as what Kurt Eichenwald characterizes as Q_adjacent- not necessarily a full blown Q Nut, but using the terminology to appeal to those types to win votes (and raise cash)...

The speech was major news everywhere (probably not on FNC or their morning show), but most outlets have shown excerpts/edited versions. So this clip from Daily Kos is the only version I've seen that encompasses the entire 5 min or so, with no additional outside commentary. So if anyone is fearful of being indoctrinated by the Kos- you can watch the speech here without any fear of commentary...

Now for a little more backstory and commentary, Morning Joe had McMorrow on this morning, and she provided some excellent insight into the whole story...

If you're like many of us wondering how individual Dem lawmakers could fight back against baseless QAnon- type charges being levelled against them by some of their more extremist GOP colleagues, this brief speech from Dem Michigan State Senator on the floor of the MI Senate yesterday provides some clarity and direction.

Now I don't know if the Republican Senator in question (Lana Theis) is a full blown Q Nut. But she sent out a fundraising letter filled with Q centric charges against Mrs McMorrow accusing her of being "pro-pedophile" and characterizing her as a "groomer". So I l'm labelling Theis as what Kurt Eichenwald characterizes as Q_adjacent- not necessarily a full blown Q Nut, but using the terminology to appeal to those types to win votes (and raise cash)...

The speech was major news everywhere (probably not on FNC or their morning show), but most outlets have shown excerpts/edited versions. So this clip from Daily Kos is the only version I've seen that encompasses the entire 5 min or so, with no additional outside commentary. So if anyone is fearful of being indoctrinated by the Kos- you can watch the speech here without any fear of commentary...

Now for a little more backstory and commentary, Morning Joe had McMorrow on this morning, and she provided some excellent insight into the whole story...

Badass. Man, she can project her voice.

You should have actually listened to the speech
Today's republicans, like she's describing, don't want to deal with the truth. They just have a list of shit they ignorantly spew and hope something sticks. It's really sad how they treat their colleagues.

That was really good. Good for her. Standing up to the idiocy.

IQ test, Psych test, and term limits. Should be required for all public offices.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT