ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall to Michigan St

Nope.

Davis jumped onto the hood of the vehicle driven by Holt and was thrown to the north side of 17 th St. Davis was seriously injured with brain trauma. No blame for the accident was assigned to Holt, although he was cited for illegal consumption do his .025 BAC at 18 yrs old.

I understand my correction seems a subtle difference, but facts matter. In this case what you said implicated Holt which is far from the truth. It's like when grads and others say "Knight pulled his team off the court vs the Russians" (you are not an IU grad, but you did defend this notion). That is not technically what happened. Facts matter and that has been one of your many struggles here over the years.

Did Emmitt Holt deliberately drive over the top of Devin? No.

But, unfortunately, after jumping on (or toward) the hood he somehow ended up being drug along the pavement. The picture from the accident scene was one of the most gruesome I've ever seen.

It WAS an accident, without question. But it was one that was a result of the atmosphere / culture Crean had allowed to fester, which is what my biggest issue with him was.

Reactions: IUgradman
Did Emmitt Holt deliberately drive over the top of Devin? No.

But, unfortunately, after jumping on (or toward) the hood he somehow ended up being drug along the pavement. The picture from the accident scene was one of the most gruesome I've ever seen.

It WAS an accident, without question. But it was one that was a result of the atmosphere / culture Crean had allowed to fester, which is what my biggest issue with him was.

Yup

Glad you’ve now accepted what actually happened. Irony, indeed.

Let's clear the air on this.

You said this:

Emmitt Holt drove a vehicle that ran over his teammate, Devin Davis, on 17th Street in Bloomington. Davis was seriously injured as a result.

Emmitt Holt was driving and, yes, Devin Davis was drug under the car. But NOT because he "ran over" Davis.

As stated by @Courtsensetwo:

Nope.

Davis jumped onto the hood of the vehicle driven by Holt and was thrown to the north side of 17 th St. Davis was seriously injured with brain trauma. No blame for the accident was assigned to Holt, although he was cited for illegal consumption do his .025 BAC at 18 yrs old.

I understand my correction seems a subtle difference, but facts matter.

Davis was jumping onto the hood of Holt's vehicle as a scare prank - just as Holt was accelerating. He accidentally fell under the front end of Holt's car and was drug several feet. Had Holt actually ran over Davis his injuries would have been drastically different - but he suffered the brain injury due to his head being scraped against the pavement. Again, the picture of the incident displays what happened.

There is a BIG difference between running someone over and accidentally dragging them. Regardless, Davis is incredibly lucky to be alive.

Glad you’ve now accepted what actually happened. Irony, indeed.

As usual right over your head. That, or as usual you just want to pick fights and hijack threads.

How about this...just do as you SWORE you would do two years ago posting then as either Kern County or danapoint and never ever ever ever respond ypto one of my posts again.

TIA

Let's clear the air on this.

You said this:

Emmitt Holt was driving and, yes, Devin Davis was drug under the car. But NOT because he "ran over" Davis.

As stated by @Courtsensetwo:

Davis was jumping onto the hood of Holt's vehicle as a scare prank - just as Holt was accelerating. He accidentally fell under the front end of Holt's car and was drug several feet. Had Holt actually ran over Davis his injuries would have been drastically different - but he suffered the brain injury due to his head being scraped against the pavement. Again, the picture of the incident displays what happened.

There is a BIG difference between running someone over and accidentally dragging them. Regardless, Davis is incredibly lucky to be alive.

He is very fortunate indeed.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Well if you're indicating that he is not much of a recruiter than you must be saying he's a helluva coach. He's had solid seasons the last 3 years winning at least 26 games. Not too many BIG schools can claim that. And yes, that streak probably ends this season.
I would not be saying that at all. Painter is a mediocre coach, and I have no idea how you can be so enamored with him after 14 years.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I would not be saying that at all. Painter is a mediocre coach, and I have no idea how you can be so enamored with him after 14 years.

A completely different set of expectations with completely different fans when it comes to the technicalities of the game. Beat IU at home and call it a successful season. Probobly a healthier place to be actually.

As usual right over your head. That, or as usual you just want to pick fights and hijack threads.

How about this...just do as you SWORE you would do two years ago posting then as either Kern County or danapoint and never ever ever ever respond ypto one of my posts again.

TIA

For the second time in a few days, you lacked an understanding of the facts. I’m not sure about anyone’s promise to you, but I won’t hesitate to correct you in the future, as I and several others did regarding both this situation and your erroneous understanding of Glass’s role in dismissing Crean.

For the second time in a few days, you lacked an understanding of the facts. I’m not sure about anyone’s promise to you, but I won’t hesitate to correct you in the future, as I and several others did regarding both this situation and your erroneous understanding of Glass’s role in dismissing Crean.

I would say that he's a solid coach who gags when it really counts.....that would appear to be his history.
He does more with less than most in the conference. He can't get past the S16 because kids like Malik believe in the negative recruiting. All one has to do to see what Painters potential can be with higher recruits is look at how the Baby Boilers were playing before Hummel was hurt. That team was very very good and had potential for multiple final fours. He needs to break the negative recruiting barrier to get further. Until he can do that, he's going to struggle to get guys like Malik on a regular basis.

IMO Izzo has run his course. Not saying he isn't going to ever be good again, but he has done less with more over the last 5 years or so. The star level he consistently gets, yet has had some embarrassing losses in the tournament. I don't see how recruits don't notice. Maybe it's all the distractions that's been going on there involving rape/etc. Just as Choptalk was saying, why would you send your kid there?

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
This type of talk has always baffled me. The campus is beautiful in WL. Especially now with all the changes they've made. I couldn't stand going to a university that was so spread out like IU. To each their own I guess, but IU does not scream inviting or beautiful to me. At least not head and shoulders over PU.

To be fair, I entered college quite awhile ago. After my visit to Purdue, I had no reason to step foot on campus again. I do not know what the campus looks like now. But back in 1979... I couldn't imagine spending four years in a place that looked so depressing.

I have seen many college campuses over the years. And still, the three most beautiful I have seen are UNC, UCLA and... yes, IU (which I DO still see every year).

To be fair, I entered college quite awhile ago. After my visit to Purdue, I had no reason to step foot on campus again. I do not know what the campus looks like now. But back in 1979... I couldn't imagine spending four years in a place that looked so depressing.

I have seen many college campuses over the years. And still, the three most beautiful I have seen are UNC, UCLA and... yes, IU (which I DO still see every year).

There's a reason that IU perennially makes the lists of Most Beautiful College Campus, and PU never does. I get it that you want to defend your school and I'm sue it's gotten better over the years, but it's still fugly compared to IU.

"IU sucks"

A chant Purdue students do every game. Tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about the Purdue mentality. Not a good visual to recruits, either.
Ok Freud, I didn't know you were in the heads of all recruits. BTW, I hate the chant myself, but again, I doubt that has anything to do with it.

There's a reason that IU perennially makes the lists of Most Beautiful College Campus, and PU never does. I get it that you want to defend your school and I'm sue it's gotten better over the years, but it's still fugly compared to IU.
It's subjective. Personally I don't like IU's campus at all. Just because some magazine, website, or whatever likes it, doesn't make it the end all.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Ok Freud, I didn't know you were in the heads of all recruits. BTW, I hate the chant myself, but again, I doubt that has anything to do with it.
You think it's a good look for a fanbase to be so obsessed with their 'rival' to chant that EVEN WHEN they're not playing them?

Again, it shows what the mentality is. Does Duke do that to Carolina? Alabama do that to Auburn? But, hey, to each their own . . . :eek:

He does more with less than most in the conference. He can't get past the S16 because kids like Malik believe in the negative recruiting. All one has to do to see what Painters potential can be with higher recruits is look at how the Baby Boilers were playing before Hummel was hurt. That team was very very good and had potential for multiple final fours. He needs to break the negative recruiting barrier to get further. Until he can do that, he's going to struggle to get guys like Malik on a regular basis.

IMO Izzo has run his course. Not saying he isn't going to ever be good again, but he has done less with more over the last 5 years or so. The star level he consistently gets, yet has had some embarrassing losses in the tournament. I don't see how recruits don't notice. Maybe it's all the distractions that's been going on there involving rape/etc. Just as Choptalk was saying, why would you send your kid there?
After 13 years, it is somehow somebody's fault other than Painter that he can't recruit or advance past the Sweet 16? Are PU fans really blaming Sparty and Izzo for Painter's shortcomings? Wow.

You think it's a good look for a fanbase to be so obsessed with their 'rival' to chant that EVEN WHEN they're not playing them?

Again, it shows what the mentality is. Does Duke do that to Carolina? Alabama do that to Auburn? But, hey, to each their own . . . :eek:

Louisville used to do that... but it wasn't Kentucky they always chanted they want to beat. It was... Purdue! Why? Many years ago, in a home game AFTER the Louisville/Purdue game, the cheerleaders brought out the wrong signs. They accidentally brought out the "Beat Purdue" signs! The fans, thinking it was pretty funny, went along with it and yelled "Beat Purdue." And that tradition continued on for the rest of the season - maybe even longer, I don't remember!

I'm sure there were quite a few confused players on opposing teams...

Reactions: Boilermaker03
After 13 years, it is somehow somebody's fault other than Painter that he can't recruit or advance past the Sweet 16? Are PU fans really blaming Sparty and Izzo for Painter's shortcomings? Wow.
The FBI investigation will likely shed some light on the recruiting side of the equation.

With Archie at IU and Ohio State with a new good coach and of course Mich St It’s going to be impossible for Purdue to be able to recruit well enough to make any sweet 16’s. This year will be their last year where there team is good enough to do something for s very long time as long as Painter is there and he’s earned a nice contract from them but it would be a huge mistake if they go or have. After this year the next decade for them is going to be horrible. They’ll be lucky just to make a tourney much less win a game. There are just too many good teams in their area for them to recruit well enough. There is no way!!!! I just named SOME of the big 10 teams that they have to compete with. All of which will dominate the mid west when it comes to the best talent. Purdue better do something this year as it will be the last year in a very long time that they have a chance to make it past the S16.

Louisville used to do that... but it wasn't Kentucky they always chanted they want to beat. It was... Purdue! Why? Many years ago, in a home game AFTER the Louisville/Purdue game, the cheerleaders brought out the wrong signs. They accidentally brought out the "Beat Purdue" signs! The fans, thinking it was pretty funny, went along with it and yelled "Beat Purdue." And that tradition continued on for the rest of the season - maybe even longer, I don't remember!

I'm sure there were quite a few confused players on opposing teams...

Louisville did it - as a JOKE!

Broilees? It's their mantra - and their mentality . . .

Reactions: jimmygoiu
With Archie at IU and Ohio State with a new good coach and of course Mich St It’s going to be impossible for Purdue to be able to recruit well enough to make any sweet 16’s. This year will be their last year where there team is good enough to do something for s very long time as long as Painter is there and he’s earned a nice contract from them but it would be a huge mistake if they go or have. After this year the next decade for them is going to be horrible. They’ll be lucky just to make a tourney much less win a game. There are just too many good teams in their area for them to recruit well enough. There is no way!!!! I just named SOME of the big 10 teams that they have to compete with. All of which will dominate the mid west when it comes to the best talent. Purdue better do something this year as it will be the last year in a very long time that they have a chance to make it past the S16.
ROFL

Louisville did it - as a JOKE!

Broilees? It's their mantra - and their mentality . . .
Whatever you need to tell yourself. It's the student section. It's fun for them. They are kids. I think any smart parent can see it's not the entire fan base.

Again, I highly doubt the chant effects more than 1% of all recruits. Purdue has had issues recruiting for decades. The chant hasn't been going on for even a quarter of that time. Recruiting issues has a lot more to do with negative recruiting vs Purdue. Painter doesn't seem to be doing anything to fight back against it.

The FBI investigation will likely shed some light on the recruiting side of the equation.
Izzo is the better coach, and Sparty is the better program. It isn't rocket science why the higher ranked players want to go to Sparty over PU.

It's subjective. Personally I don't like IU's campus at all. Just because some magazine, website, or whatever likes it, doesn't make it the end all.

Interested in what you don't care for. Limestone isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially when it is raining. The grounds though are tough to beat.

Whatever you need to tell yourself. It's the student section. It's fun for them. They are kids. I think any smart parent can see it's not the entire fan base.

Again, I highly doubt the chant effects more than 1% of all recruits. Purdue has had issues recruiting for decades. The chant hasn't been going on for even a quarter of that time. Recruiting issues has a lot more to do with negative recruiting vs Purdue. Painter doesn't seem to be doing anything to fight back against it.

I don't think it affects recruits.

One correction though, it is not just the student section that chants about IU...it is all sections. In the past decade I have attended 13 games at Mackey and 10 games at RossAde (both IU and non IU games). It's the whole damned place and it makes PU grads look pretty silly.

Reactions: Lillyr66

Again, it's the Purdue mentality. It's not just that chant - which is a byproduct of said mentality.

Fun for the kids? Teaching em' to be obsessed with Big Brother early, huh?

One correction though, it is not just the student section that chants about IU...it is all sections. In the past decade I have attended 13 games at Mackey and 10 games at RossAde (both IU and non IU games). It's the whole damned place and it makes PU grads look pretty silly.

Yep - a byproduct of the mentality.

The chant alone doesn't turn off recruits. No one ever said that. It's the persona Boilerland emits. Some like it, some don't.

Purdue is all too often acting like the little brother that says they belong - instead of just acting like they do. Stop whining about losing recruiting battles and stop obsessing over other teams. Act like you've been there.

I don't say it, and I haven't heard the people around me say it. I go to pretty much all games (although not as much this year due to family events), and to my ears, it sounds like it's mostly the student section.

Again, it's the Purdue mentality. It's not just that chant - which is a byproduct of said mentality.

Fun for the kids? Teaching em' to be obsessed with Big Brother early, huh?
Here's another way to look at it. The student section catches onto things and it can be hard to let it go. Just like the 1, 2, 3, 4 first down B**ch chant. Most PU fans do not like it. In fact on GBI most people that write on there have complained about both the IU sucks and the first down chant. Saying something is an entire fan base mentality because of what the students do, is false logic.

Here's another way to look at it. The student section catches onto things and it can be hard to let it go. Just like the 1, 2, 3, 4 first down B**ch chant. Most PU fans do not like it. In fact on GBI most people that write on there have complained about both the IU sucks and the first down chant. Saying something is an entire fan base mentality because of what the students do, is false logic.
I hate the IU football first down chant. Again, act like you’ve been there. One of the reasons our football program continues to be mired in mediocrity.

Limestone is beautiful, much nicer than brick. The core campus is not spread out and integrates with the urban center of Bloomington wonderfully.

Reactions: Al Bino

It is subjective and you are subjectively looking through black and gold glasses but when multiple places rank IU's campus as one of the top ten most beautiful campuses by people that are objective and have dog in the fight then that means something.

Too spread out? Really? First, according to Google, PU's campus is 2468 acres and IU's is 1939 acres. Second, most classes are within about a 3-4 block area. My walk was almost never more that 10-15 minutes.

That is great you love PU's campus since you must have went there but for my subjective view, concrete, plain brick buildings and parking garages is not beautiful or desired. I will take the trees, woods, limestone and Jordon river ANY DAY.

Way too spread out for one. And yes, I don't care for the Limestone.

Pus campus has a bit more of an urban feel in terms of density (although walking up to the Acres...ugh) They have done a lot to make it more attractive in the last decade. IU is more spread out but the scenery is nice along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT